Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.1

on 6/16/2011 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this is one of my favorite lip sticks for neutral everyday look..the color is so flattering on my nc25-30 skin tone it is soft pinkish brown..the formula is very creamy and rich not drying at all and stays for long time..def i'll buy again..

on 6/14/2011 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I love this lipstick! The formula is very creamy and rich. Not drying at all. On my lips it looks very creamy and pigmented. It goes on smoothly and does not tug. It's hard to describe but it goes on "thick" but not gloppy or annoying. Just a nice rich coating of beautiful color. The color is great, it's a neutral'ish brown/pink/mauve type color. I found that pairing this color with a brownish/purple eyeshadow color looks great. I have a very warm but light skin tone and bright green eyes and I find that many eye and lip colors look good on me, so I'm not usually very picky on colors. It's the formula that either makes or breaks a product for me. And the formula on this is perfect. It's as good as any high end brand I've tried - and in some cases better. I found this for 40% off at Walgreens, so the price was perfect. The packaging sucks. It is difficult to remove the base from the cover. I have to insert my fingernail between the two and push up, which is very annoying. The base has nothing to grab onto and if you get one with a tight fitting lid, it's a pain. I notice that some of these have loose caps and some are very tight. I would definitely purchase this again!

on 6/3/2011 7:42:00 PM

I find this to be one of the most perfect neutral colors for daily wear for my NC20 skin tone. It is not drying at all. The smell seems to have improved since they were introduced b/c I would swear they used to smell like play dough!!!! The quality is right up there with MAC in my opinion. The only gripe I have at all is that I don't prefer this type of packaging. I prefer bullet type, but that is just a tiny thing!! This color is so warm and flattering I would def buy again!!

on 6/2/2011 5:00:00 PM

Hideous color on me (yellow/olive/Asian complexion; I do best in peachy pinks, berries, reds).

I have naturally mauvy-pinky-rosy lips that tend to amplify cool tones in lipsticks. Cool-toned neutrals/MLBB shades tend to look like death on me. Warm Me Up is not warm-toned at all and I'm kind of annoyed about the misnomer. Reviewers here keep saying it's a warm peachy pinky color, but that's incorrect. It's actually a cool-toned dirty mauve with strong brown undertones (swatched on white paper). It ends up looking grayish brown on my lips. It would be a great color for me if I wanted to dress up as a zombie!

Pity about the color since the texture (smooth and light), inoffensive scent/taste, and price are right. I'll try another CS lipstick, but I'd never buy Warm Me Up again!

ETA: There have been a number of people who think Warm Me Up is a close match for NARS Dolce Vita. Those people are dead wrong. Dolce Vita is a sheer, warm-toned berry-pink. Warm Me Up is a cool-toned brownish mauve and has a (light) creme finish.

on 5/25/2011 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The swatches of this shade on blogs and in person are completely different. On blog swatches it looks more pink/brown which is the reason why I purchased it. In person however, this shade has more mauve undertones which I don't think work too well for me. I wear it now with a gloss over it to sheer the tone out a bit. Might work for girls with more tan complexions I think.

on 4/24/2011 3:19:00 PM

Again I fell in love with this colour based on pictures online. But it looks cold en dark and purple on me :-(

on 4/6/2011 2:45:00 PM

DUPE ALERT! I LOVE this lipstick! For years I have been using MACs "Brave" lipstick, which is from thier Satin line. "Brave" is the most beautiful, natural, flattering color on myself and anyone else who I've seen try it. The only problem is (as most of you MAC satin wearers might know) that it is VERY drying! It stays put yes, but after a few hours of wearing it, my lips get so dry that they start to peel. So the hunt began. I searched high and low, low end and high end for a MAC "Brave" dupe, and after weeks, and hours spent purchasing and returning colors I stumbled upon Maybelline "Warm Me Up". LOVE IT!

on 4/3/2011 3:44:00 PM

I like this color. It was recommended as a dupe for a NARS lipstick in InStyle Mag., if I remember correctly. I also am very pale with dark eyes and dark hair.

When I first put it on, I put it straight from the tube without any lip balm so I got quite a bit of saturation. Applied this way, it was more towards the brown side which I cannot wear and was drying. Since then, I always put on over lip balm and it is a nice sheer bit of color that is slightly pinky but still neutral.

I am not thrilled with this color like some of the reviewers because it is very much like some other lipsticks that I have and I will probably buy other ones over this one, but whenever I do put it on, I always think to myself that I should wear it more.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Yaaaaaaaaay!!!! I finally found a lip color I can wear everyday.

*sigh* Ladies, this lip product has restored my faith in makeup. Lipsticks are one of the most difficult products for me to shop for because you never know how something works until you put it on, and I don't have the patience to go through thousands of shades in the store or at the counter to find my perfect fit. So I've always just settled for a so-so lip color.

Thank goodness for this forum, because I stumbled upon the reviews of this product and was moved to buy it.....and I am SO glad I did. I'd told myself that I was never going to purchase another lipstick on a whim again without having read the reviews here first, so I spent a lot of time combing through the testimonials and pictures of TONS of different shades and finally decided I wanted this one to be my next experiment.

I am thrilled. Lipsticks can't be reviewed too heavily on color, because the color delivery depends too much on each individual's skin tone, lip pigmentation, makeup colors, etc. I will say as far as the color is concerned that this is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. I wanted something pink and feminine, but not too bright, not too brown, not too berry, not nude, and I didn't want it to disappear on my lips or stand out too much. I know, I was asking a lot. But this product delivers. I can pair it with a smokey eye and it is SO much prettier than a plain gloss or a nude shade. Actually, some might venture to call this a nude, because it may match someone's natural lip pigment perfectly. For me it appears as the perfect feminine pinkish-purple. I suck at describing colors. JUST GO TRY IT.

Now, onto the formulation....color means nothing if the product won't stay on your lips, am I right? This stuff is DREAMY. It has a ton of color so it will cover your lips fully (I have one or two small, very light lip freckles, and this completely masks them). It is soft, glides on smoothly, is very hydrating, and stays on for a long time. It's nice and thick, but not goopy. It's not at all drying. It doesn't lose any quality as you continue to reapply, as I've found with other lip products. It's perfect each and every time.

Here are some tips, and how I use it - take from it what you will: I pair it with Rimmel's Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in #018 "Addiction".... WOW. Perfect color match. Bingo!! Then, for the most amazing "oomph" I've ever experienced in lip dressings, I apply a coat of NYX's Mega Shine Lip Gloss in #127 "Pink Frost" on top. Ladies, I'm not exaggerating when I say that this combination is amazing. I feel like a mesmerizing forest fairy when I have these products on my lips. It's the perfect balance and the exact color combination I've been wanting for my lips for years.

I highly recommend this lip color & formula. It's the only color I've tried from the Color Sensational line, but I love it so much I'll definitely be trying out others. Give it a shot!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been hearing a little buzz about this lipstick for a while now. Then last month's Marie Clarie mag, Miley Cyrus was wearing it on the front cover, which is why I bought it. I love the color it's a great netural brown pink. It goes on smooth and doesn't dry out my lips, it's kind of moisturizing. It wears for a long time too at least 2 hours. I'm not too fond of the smell, but that can be easily overlook, due to the awesome color and overall look of my lips.