Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.1

on 4/6/2011 2:45:00 PM

DUPE ALERT! I LOVE this lipstick! For years I have been using MACs "Brave" lipstick, which is from thier Satin line. "Brave" is the most beautiful, natural, flattering color on myself and anyone else who I've seen try it. The only problem is (as most of you MAC satin wearers might know) that it is VERY drying! It stays put yes, but after a few hours of wearing it, my lips get so dry that they start to peel. So the hunt began. I searched high and low, low end and high end for a MAC "Brave" dupe, and after weeks, and hours spent purchasing and returning colors I stumbled upon Maybelline "Warm Me Up". LOVE IT!

on 4/3/2011 3:44:00 PM

I like this color. It was recommended as a dupe for a NARS lipstick in InStyle Mag., if I remember correctly. I also am very pale with dark eyes and dark hair.

When I first put it on, I put it straight from the tube without any lip balm so I got quite a bit of saturation. Applied this way, it was more towards the brown side which I cannot wear and was drying. Since then, I always put on over lip balm and it is a nice sheer bit of color that is slightly pinky but still neutral.

I am not thrilled with this color like some of the reviewers because it is very much like some other lipsticks that I have and I will probably buy other ones over this one, but whenever I do put it on, I always think to myself that I should wear it more.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Yaaaaaaaaay!!!! I finally found a lip color I can wear everyday.

*sigh* Ladies, this lip product has restored my faith in makeup. Lipsticks are one of the most difficult products for me to shop for because you never know how something works until you put it on, and I don't have the patience to go through thousands of shades in the store or at the counter to find my perfect fit. So I've always just settled for a so-so lip color.

Thank goodness for this forum, because I stumbled upon the reviews of this product and was moved to buy it.....and I am SO glad I did. I'd told myself that I was never going to purchase another lipstick on a whim again without having read the reviews here first, so I spent a lot of time combing through the testimonials and pictures of TONS of different shades and finally decided I wanted this one to be my next experiment.

I am thrilled. Lipsticks can't be reviewed too heavily on color, because the color delivery depends too much on each individual's skin tone, lip pigmentation, makeup colors, etc. I will say as far as the color is concerned that this is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. I wanted something pink and feminine, but not too bright, not too brown, not too berry, not nude, and I didn't want it to disappear on my lips or stand out too much. I know, I was asking a lot. But this product delivers. I can pair it with a smokey eye and it is SO much prettier than a plain gloss or a nude shade. Actually, some might venture to call this a nude, because it may match someone's natural lip pigment perfectly. For me it appears as the perfect feminine pinkish-purple. I suck at describing colors. JUST GO TRY IT.

Now, onto the formulation....color means nothing if the product won't stay on your lips, am I right? This stuff is DREAMY. It has a ton of color so it will cover your lips fully (I have one or two small, very light lip freckles, and this completely masks them). It is soft, glides on smoothly, is very hydrating, and stays on for a long time. It's nice and thick, but not goopy. It's not at all drying. It doesn't lose any quality as you continue to reapply, as I've found with other lip products. It's perfect each and every time.

Here are some tips, and how I use it - take from it what you will: I pair it with Rimmel's Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in #018 "Addiction".... WOW. Perfect color match. Bingo!! Then, for the most amazing "oomph" I've ever experienced in lip dressings, I apply a coat of NYX's Mega Shine Lip Gloss in #127 "Pink Frost" on top. Ladies, I'm not exaggerating when I say that this combination is amazing. I feel like a mesmerizing forest fairy when I have these products on my lips. It's the perfect balance and the exact color combination I've been wanting for my lips for years.

I highly recommend this lip color & formula. It's the only color I've tried from the Color Sensational line, but I love it so much I'll definitely be trying out others. Give it a shot!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been hearing a little buzz about this lipstick for a while now. Then last month's Marie Clarie mag, Miley Cyrus was wearing it on the front cover, which is why I bought it. I love the color it's a great netural brown pink. It goes on smooth and doesn't dry out my lips, it's kind of moisturizing. It wears for a long time too at least 2 hours. I'm not too fond of the smell, but that can be easily overlook, due to the awesome color and overall look of my lips.

on 3/12/2011 9:17:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is very nice! I am nw20-nw25 and this gives me color without being overwhelming. The scent reminds me a little of cotton candy and it is not too strong. The color actually does last..I'd say about 3 hours of wear.

I really loved this lipstick when I first got. The color is perfect for my light complexion and fairly pigmented lips. It was smooth and smelled sweet at first. However, after a few months of having it, the smell turned RANCID, and the lipstick itself DRIED UP SO BAD, that I could no longer apply to my lips-it almost hurt to drag it across the lips. Since it dried up so bad, I am no longer able to get any color from it. With all that said, I don't think I will repurchase any lipstick from the Color Sensational line until they improve the formulation.
I don't know if this was a bad batch, but I think I will stick with my Revlon and L'oreal lipsticks, which I have had for longer then the Maybelline one, and they have never changed smell or consistency.

on 12/25/2010 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the best nude-ish pink I've ever tried. I don't usually like drugstore lipsticks, but I tried this after seeing the suggestion in InStyle, and I'm very happy with it. Like one of the previous reviewers, I have Snow White coloring, and it's hard for me to find a neutral that doesn't make me look corpselike. In general I prefer fragrance-free products, but the smell isn't too troublesome.

on 12/24/2010 6:13:00 PM

I like "warm-me-up" which is a pinkish brown and good for daytime. However, its a little light if you prefer a darker color. I also like pinkalicious. I normally don't wear true pinks, but this one is quite nice. These lipsticks can be a bit dry so you may want to top it off with a pretty lipgloss.

on 12/20/2010 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this for my Snow White coloring! Hmm not exactly, but I have light skin, dark hair and olive green eyes. I tend to suck the color out of anything and true red looks amazing on me. But, this is a pretty every day color that doesn't scream "pink!" or "red!" or yucky "brown!" It's a mixture of all of the above and I'm loving the neutrality of this pretty color. I'm still missing MAC's House Wine which is a bit more versatile than this, but I can deal. It's a MLBB and I'm liking it.

on 12/14/2010 9:07:00 PM

This lipstick is amazing - I was skeptical about getting a Maybelline lipstick because I'm not a big fan of their watershine line or something. I'm not a big fan of glossy lips to be honest. I cracked when I saw how lovely this lipstick looked. The ratings on MUA was off the roof too so I might as well give it a go.

Packaging: I love the packaging! I cannot tell you how shocked I was when I received this in my mailbox (ordered it online). I am not a fan of maybelline's packaging because a lot of their lipsticks have cheap packaging. However, this one is the exception to their long history of bad packaging. It looks luxurious and sleek with that red cover. It looks so much more expensive. It actually reminds me of Dior Lipsticks!

Color: Omg, amazing. It looks so true to the sticker provided at the bottom of the lipstick! I love it! It looks very similar to my lip color but a little warmer and it looks so good on. It's my everyday lip color! It's pigmented and I would say pretty long lasting. They do kind of adhere to the lips rather than just being on the surface of it, if you know what I mean lol. Love the color, nothing bad I can say about it:) Just for reference, I'm about NC25-NC30. It also doesn't dry out my lips!

Over all, I would say this has reached HG status. I truly love this lipstick for it's color, for it's value and for it's lasting power. I would definitely repurchase this when I run out of it!

Popular Lipsticks