Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

3.7

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like the formula. It's creamy and lasts. I didn't detect a smell either But this color looked like a nice pinkish brown neutral on my hand at the store. But on my lips, it was odd and unflattering. It was a slightly brownish pinkish color with a whitish and purple undertone. It was just an odd, kind of this color and that color shade. It did not look right on me but I imagine it would look good on the right skin tone.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This shade really flatters my coloring and lips! As other reviewers have mentioned, it's a MLBB kinda shade and I prefer pinks over nudes when it comes to lip color because they pop and accentuate full lips. Warm me up is a tawny-medium pink shade that is a satin finish without shimmer. My only complaint is the formula is quite drying, especially in the dead of winter here in Michigan! To counteract this, I apply lip balm prior to application and it doesn't dry my lips out so badly. Ill repurchase, but I'm sure it will last me a lifetime because I'm a lipstick junkie and change shades on a daily basis- this color is especially good for work/business settings.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I just had to write a review of Warm Me Up. It is my perfect MLBB shade. It's pretty much a dead-on dupe for MAC Modesty, which was my HG everyday lipstick until I tried this. They are so similar, in fact, that I put Modesty on my upper lip and Warm Me Up on the lower and absolutely couldn't tell the difference. I like high end makeup, but I'm a frugal shopper, so if I can find a product that wears as well (or slightly better in this case) than high end makeup, I don't really care which brand it is.

Warm Me Up is a neutral/warm toned pinkish nude shade...if that makes sense. I wear it with any eye look that I'm doing and it always looks amazing. It feels great on my lips, isn't drying, and has really good staying power. I'll certainly buy this again instead of going to the MAC counter and buying something twice the price and not as good as a drugstore lippie. LOVE!!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been hearing a little buzz about this lipstick for a while now. Then last month's Marie Clarie mag, Miley Cyrus was wearing it on the front cover, which is why I bought it. I love the color it's a great netural brown pink. It goes on smooth and doesn't dry out my lips, it's kind of moisturizing. It wears for a long time too at least 2 hours. I'm not too fond of the smell, but that can be easily overlook, due to the awesome color and overall look of my lips.

on 3/12/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Too boring for me. After looking a swatch on Christine's lips on her blog (Temptalia), I was amazed at how pretty it looked -- On her at least! Thinking it was going to look like this amazing Blankety (MAC lippie) light warm color, I decided to buy it because I'm a nude lips girl.
Bought it, tried it on, and did not like it at all.. Boring MLBB color. Ended up giving it to my sis.