Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.1

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not impressed at all.
I found these to be fairly sticky and did not last long on the lips.
Seemed like typical cheap lipgloss except this has a large price tag for what it is.
I have literally had better that I have paid a dollar for.

on 9/3/2014 5:51:00 PM

The product is okay but, honestly, I will never buy this gloss because of the packaging. I'm not a huge gloss person to start with but I received a gift set of three for my birthday from a family member. The gloss is sticky and I like that it stays on longer than the average cheap gloss. Color is great.

I can't get over the twisty paintbrush application. Yesterday I twisted the base a thousand times and could hardly get enough product out to apply a coat! Today when I went to use it I huge glob came out and I had to blot my lips!

Nice product but I think I can find a better option with easier application.

on 12/31/2013 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a ton of these lip glazes, and keep buying more! They're not the best lip gloss I've ever used, a bit thick and sticky. But they stay on for quite awhile compared to other glosses and have a shade selection that can't be matched! Ulta often has the .05 size tubes for only around $8, which is what a drug store gloss would cost anyway. Some of them have great nearly opaque color pay off, some are more sheer and great for layering over lipsticks to give them a glossy finish or a bit of shimmer. So while Lip Glazes aren't the best glosses ever, I will continue to buy them.

on 12/25/2013 8:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried several Stila lip glazes over the years, and unfortunately I still can't sell myself on it. The main problem I have with this glaze is the texture. It's heavy, sticky and not very moisturizing.

On the positive side, if you don't mind the texture or don't find it as annoying as I do, there's a wide selection of colors and finishes, from sheer to (fairly) opaque, from shimmer to clean. The applicator does make for an easy, even application.

This product is not poor quality at all. It just doesn't work for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Review on the Fiesta Set lip glaze trio

Last year there was a summer themed lip glaze trio which featured the shades Kitten, Maraca and Pinata. The set was 12 dollars at Sephora near the register, and I had already planned on getting it, since these have been so hyped over the years. I have a Stila shadow palette which is great so I figured the glosses would also be great! The click pen is OK- it does get a little gloopy on the brush which will transfer to the cap, but that's easy enough to clean if it gets too messy. I feel like it takes a little while to crank the product up and you usually will get more than a lip application's worth, but that's OK. You also don't get a ton of product in these pens- only .05 fl. ounces. To me, that's OK since I only use these occasionally. Texture wise they are thick and sticky but that a good thing because it insures your gloss won't simply evaporate off your lips or fade away, as most cheap glosses do. The plastic brush head works well enough for application but I can't guarantee it is sanitary- its really meant for personal use, although you could sanitize it if you needed to. Cons aside, I don't mind a little goopiness if it serves the purpose of lengthening wear time!

Color wise Kitten is probably my fave of the trio (I realized she is missing and am a wee bit panicky). Its a color that is in the permanent line if you will, and I assume its included in their other sets- possibly the holiday ones? Its a gorgeous pinky/nude/beige color with golden micro-glitter if I can recall accurately. I love it over nude lipstick, its an excellent companion. Maraca is a light, sort of medium pink, no glitter but high shine and has a fruity smell. It also would work great over a nude or light pink lippie. Pinata is a fun one- bright, juicy pink with gold micro-glitter and a fake peach/fruity smell. I like pairing this will purple on the eyes.

The package these came in was also cute- little colorful polka dots all over! So, all in all I really like these, but they are not 100% fuss-free. They all provide tremendous shine and great, durable, color pay off. They are very pigmented glosses, but not as much as a liquid lipstick. If you're tired of your lip glosses fading, losing shine or appearing pigmented in the package but wear only clear on, I've got the answer for you! These are one of those products that is more worth the hype it receives and maintains!

on 7/12/2013 10:59:00 AM

These are the thickest and stickiest lip glosses I have ever used. They feel so heavy on the lips and I hate it.

Comes in a lot of colors. I received a set of about 10 as a gift, so I have tried many colors. Some are way too light and frosty looking, others are nice with a medium amount of subtle color. This is your average sticky gloss but for a higher than average price.

on 2/11/2013 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This product makes your lips very shiny/glossy and if that's what you're looking for, buy it! I bought this in the color grapefuit thinking it would be more pigmented into the grapefruit color, but it wasn't really noticeable. It's not too sticky and not to liquidy! I love the packaging. I bought this because Victoria Beckham said she loved it so I'm why not! The only thing I didn't really like is it made my lips very dry and chapped the next day! And it's super expensive for just a lip gloss! I wouldn't buy this again, all lip glosses are the same and its not that this wasnt worth the money, it's just overpriced for what you're selling. It's just lip gloss!

on 12/14/2012 1:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got the plum shade along with 2 others as a gift from my mom's friend who lives in usa. When i twisted the packaging for the first time, i was quiet confused, "why the product wont show up?" i was impatient and twisted it too hard and suddenly... I Made such a big mess. That was my experience on how bad is the packaging, but it has got a good brush applicator though.
The shades i got:
- blackberry : it appears to be reddish purple on the packaging, but it turns to a lovely shade of purple with a very sexy sheen. This shade has no glitter.
- plum fairy : this is the first color i have ever tried :) it is somehow glittery and shiny, and i love its lovely pink color. I have been using this shade quiet a while :D
- Tangerine : i never used this shade because it makes my skin tone looks more pale and it looks too shiny since it has a very light orange color. And it has TOO MUCH GLITTER so my lips feel like a disco ball.
NB: Both blackberry and plum fairy Has a sweet scent and they can freshen up my face weven though i dont use any foundation at all :) unlike the Tangerine one, this one has an artificial scent ._. but anyway three of them are highly moisturising although they are really sticky :)

on 11/21/2012 1:19:00 AM

I bought the "All Is Bright" set of 8 glazes (a holiday set) for $33. They are awesome! All the colours are good on me except for 1, which is a dark berry shade (just a tad too dark on my pale skin). I was originally going to buy a Smashbox lip enhancing gloss for $24 but I saw the Stila holiday set and loved all the colours in it, so went for that instead. So far I'm pretty glad I bought it!
The only thing I don't like about these is the twist tube they come in. I can't help but think that eventually they will start to get messy, and because the glosses are sticky it will be hard to clean up. Not a problem yet but I'm 75% sure they will become one.