Dior Diorshow Mascara

Dior Diorshow Mascara
Diorshow MascaraDiorshow MascaraEnter TitleDIORSHOW MASCARADiorshow Mascara

3.4

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Why is this so popular? it was so extremely dry & application was stiff & rigid. The formula did nothing for my lashes & the brush didn't put mascara on them...I must've gotten a dud?! Is it supposed to be so dry?...Need to find receipt so I can return as I only tried it once. So disappointed..My Loreal & even Essence are far more dramatic then this :(

on 9/30/2015 11:05:00 AM

Good mascara. Tends to flake, ok not worth the hype in my opinion.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This was the first 'high end' mascara I owned- I got it as a gift when I was 13 or 14. Back then I didn't really have a rounded opinion of any makeup products, I just remember cherishing it, and as a 13 year old, I would open it just to smell it, rather than use it in a practical sense. In a more recent trip to Sephora, I decided to purchase it again, solely based on the nostalgic feeling I get from the smell. I still love the rosey scent (if they bottled the scent I'd be all about it), but I can say otherwise about the formula. The first few times I used this mascara it was totally fine. I loved the brush, and I loved the formula when it was fresh. I'm a fan of getting my lashes as full as possible without having to use falsies, and this definitely delivered at first. I used it with pretty good results for about a week and then it all went downhill. It got so dry that the bristles on the brush started clumping together as soon as I removed the wand from the tube- keep in mind that i DO NOT pump my mascara, because I know that it pushes excess air into the tube and dries it out much faster. It got super flaky after about two hours of wearing it, and I was left with little flakes of mascara under my eyes and on my cheeks. I would totally use a sample sized tube of this, but it dries out way too fast for it to be worth buying a full size again. That fragrance though...

on 8/21/2015 8:00:00 PM

This is just slightly better than L'Oreal Volumnous (with the teddy bear brush). The price is ridiculous at $35 Can. If it were more like $28, I MAY consider repurchasing. The brush is almost a bit too big, it took a good week to get the hang of it as I kept getting it all over my eyelids. It removes easily enough and leaves my lashes soft and healthy looking. It also doesn't clump a lot. I wont repurchase based on its price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

'Renewed' formula Diorshow
I've used Diorshow mascara for years and years and have always loved it but this year Dior have 'renewed' the formula and the end result is a mascara that smudges chronically. Even with careful application and a light hand plus using little eye cream (to prevent any transfer) this mascara smudges heavily - not once but repeatedly. I find I have to remove a lot of obvious smudging up to 4 times per wear...a real disappointment as when you first apply it it looks as good as ever and has a beautiful effect. Unfortunately within 20 minutes it will have smudged - and badly. I have somewhat long eyelashes which may make the situation worse however I think the problem with the renewed formula (designed to prevent the mascara drying out in the tube) is so substantial it could affect most users. I have subsequently gone back to my local Dior counter to buy some of the remaining stock of the original formula but as for the future, this is a real disimprovement to what was a beautiful mascara - sadly won't be repurchasing once the original formula has run out.

on 8/9/2015 8:30:00 PM

Too pricey for what it does. Clumps, and gets flaky. Not worth the price.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really like how you can get most of the product out of the tube. It does wonders when I apply my makeup with it. I look great overall with it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I wish i didn't like this. Unfortunately, I do. I like it on its own for a very feathery/natural but thick look, and with my other favourite (Mineral Fusion volumizing mascara) on top! When I layer the mineral fusion on top, i don't need to bother with false lashes.

Maybe it makes a beautiful base coat because it's the perfect texture. It lets the other mascara 'grip' on and look smooth, rather than some mascaras which pile up even minutely, so when you layer, the end result is not 'clean' and feathery. This gives a non-clumpy, naturally voluminous/long, feathery, pretty look. Surprisingly, despite the rose fragrance, it doesn't seem to irritate my sensitive eyes.

It does tend to flake if used on its own (without the mineral fusion on top), hence I took off 2 stars.

on 7/29/2015 9:06:00 PM

Love the brush on this mascara , i don't like the way it looks smugie after a couple of hours

on 7/29/2015 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Received 2 deluxe samples from Sephora. The wand is a bit bigger than I liked, it's big and brushy then tapers off at the end. Initially, my lashes looked fine but after only a few hours, I'd lost all curl I left the house with. I also had to use some saline solution for my eyes and the mascara made me look like a raccoon. It is not waterproof, nor does it claim to not run, but I would expect it to hold up just a bit better after a few drops of saline. Not impressed.