Dior Diorshow Mascara

Dior Diorshow Mascara
Diorshow MascaraDiorshow MascaraEnter TitleDIORSHOW MASCARADiorshow Mascara

3.4

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

After reading a lot of the reviews, I did rethink the hype. True, there are drugstore brands that may be close to as wonderful for a third of the price. I think the difference, is in how it treats my lashes. I have to use waterproof to get any staying power in drugstore brands, which of course cause my lashes to fall out and break. But after a couple weeks of treating my lashes to Diorshow, they are finally coming back. This mascara allows my lashes to flex and move. They do not break and it does not flake. I don't need waterproof, as the regular stays put all day. It is worth the purchase to say I have my lashes coming back to life.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

WTF?????? WTF IS THIS???? PEOPLE USE THIS?????

This mascara has to be some sort of a joke. I'm no makeup artist, but I've been wearing makeup daily for idk, 10-ish years? I have the dexterity to apply mascara without getting it all over my entire face.

I put this on like any other mascara. The big brush is cool, and would be amazing with a normal mascara. Sadly, not compatible with this formula--the mascara did not get applied to just my lashes, it also got applied to my upper lash line, which, when I tried to "clean up" with makeup remover on a Qtip, smudged across my entire eyelid.

And then I made the mistake of blinking. Like 30 seconds after I applied it. So now my entire lower lash line is coated in goop. So I tried to remove it from there, and I looked up. And then my entire brow bone was covered in goop.

It normally takes me a very small amount of makeup remover to clean up mascara transfer. This took me 3 cotton pads. It doesn't wipe off cleanly--it leaves black smears all over your face. And it leaves black smudges all over your fingers, which will turn into black smudges all over everything you own.

I hope that my review thus far is enough to deter anyone from spending TWENTY EIGHT ENTIRE DOLLARS on this nonsense, but just in case, I'm also going to mention the horrible chemical scent that I was convinced was actually paint thinner that some sneaky customer funneled into my tube before returning it to Sephora and pretending it was brand new. But all 3 tubes I bought (yes, I was this excited to finally be an adult and buy nice high end things) smelled exactly the same. Some people say it smells like roses. I am not sure what those people are smoking.

The best part about this mascara is that when you wash your face at the end of the night it kind of melts off in weird little rubbery strands so you feel like you're peeling Elmer's glue off your hands, only, it's your eyelashes. That was kind of fun.

I will add that I did try this with another mascara layered underneath (I used my old mascara in the morning and put this on top that night and did not have this problem--the Diorshow basically stayed put.) So if you normally use a primer, you might have better luck.

Needless to say, I will most definitely be returning this to Sephora.

on 12/4/2015 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I fell for the hype. This was not even as good as most drug store mascara I've used. The formula is dry and doesn't wear well over my beloved Dior lash plumping serum. A better, cheaper option is Maybelline full and soft.

on 11/22/2015 6:58:00 AM

Agree with many others. This is the new version. It does add decent volume, but it is clumpy at that and smudges AND flakes. I like alot of dior things, but not their mascaras.

on 11/21/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I received a sample. I think it doesn't last. At the end of the day, it's like a don't have anything on...

on 11/15/2015 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This use to be my holy grail mascara and I swore to myself I would never buy another brand!! It gives AMAZING volume, thickness etc... however, I found it to be quite clumpy, and it dries out pretty quickly.

I have ventured to use other brands (YSL), which initially I wasn's too sure about. I have naturally quite long/ thick lashes, so I loved the big/ thick brush of Dior... and didn't quite like the smaller brush of YSL.... However I found other mascaras were not as clumpy or dried as quickly as Dior..... Maybe i'll give the Dior another go, and use an eyelash brush (to de-clump it)

on 11/5/2015 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have no idea why this mascara is such a cult favorite. It doesn't build much volume at all and it certainly doesn't hold a curl. The brush doesn't reach every lash and there's not a lot of product on it at all so it doesn't build any thickness whatsoever. I'm extremely disappointed in this mascara. I've resisted buying expensive mascara precisely because I didn't believe that they were any better than the drugstore brands. And I was right!! Diorshow mascara is $27.50 and doesn't work as well as my favorite Maybelline Rocket, which does build volume and in the waterproof formula definitely holds the curl. It has a great wand that reaches every last lash and sometimes I can even apply more than one coat if I'm quick about it. I also bought the Dior lash primer, which does add some volume and when used with the Diorshow mascara doesn't help hold the curl at all. However, when I use the primer with Rocket waterproof mascara, the curl lasts all day and it gives my eyes a more wide awake look. I'm not sure I'd buy another primer because it was expensive and the reviews for Lancome's primer have been really good, so I may try that instead. But of course, Lancome is owned by Loreal or vice versa so the Loreal primer may work just as well because it's unlikely the parent company would have two totally different primer formulas. It's more likely that there's only one formula and they simply market one product as both Lancome and Loreal. But as far as Diorshow mascara goes, save your pennies. It isn't worth $2 much less $27.50. I ended up pitching it in the trash. I certainly don't want a mascara that doesn't hold the curl and this just confirms my belief that drugstore mascaras are superior to their high end counterparts. I'll stick with my Maybelline Rocket, thank you.

on 10/26/2015 7:09:00 AM

I love the new formula. It's relatively fuss free and gives nice length with a bit of volume. not as much volume as Chanel's Le Volume, but I don't experience the flaking with Diorshow that I do with Le Volume. I'm using it in black, which is not to be confused with Diorshow Blackout, which to my knowledge is still a different product. You will not get the drama with this product as you do with Blackout,yet it is a nice everyday mascara. Will definitely repurchase.

on 10/22/2015 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

So I wanted to try this mascara out and I did. I know this mascara like every other one out there I'm sure got mixed reviews. Mascara is a very YMMV so what works for one person may not work for another. Having said that, this one did nothing for me. I have medium length lashes, thin and not many of them. This mascara did give me some volume, but not enough. It didn't give me any length and it was flaky. I was not impressed with this one at all. For what it costs...I don't think so. My L'Oreal Voluminous is much better. So I took this one back and bought Chanel Le Volume instead...if you have NOT tried Chanel's mascara..RUN don't walk and get it..it is AMAZING!!! So no I won't buy buying this mascara again!

on 10/17/2015 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

First off this smells DELICIOUS. I love certain mascara smells and this is a pretty rose scent. The brush is huge but I really do like it. It creates long, feathery, false eyelash-looking lashes. The packaging is beautiful, but the price isn't. It's expensive, of course its Dior, but its very nice. I like the drier formula. I suggest trying a sample size before buying the normal tube to see if it's up your alley.