eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm

eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm
Smooth Sphere Lip BalmSmooth Sphere Lip Balm

3.5

Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (cire d'abeille)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract*. *ORGANIC

on 1/4/2016 4:24:00 PM

I finally gave in and spent the £7.99 Topshop was selling these for (the only place in the UK that sold them until a few months ago) after seeing everyone on the internet, especially youtubers, recommend this product. After seeing the adorable packaging, and smelling the delightful, fruity scents, I was instantly drawn in. However, the I was very much disappointed after the first time I used it, as instead of delivering a hydrating formula, it seemed to dry out my lips even more. I assumed this was because it was near the end of winter, and so allergy season was coming closer. I religiously used this for the next few months, and I even convinced myself to buy a new one, thinking that because all the other youtubers seemed to like it, it must've been me being very strange. I was shocked to find that after applying the blue (Blueberry?) EOS, that my lips began peeling, and after continuous application, began burning. My lips hurt so much I could barely move them. Definitely do not recommend

on 1/4/2016 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This lip balm has super cute packaging, but that is where the praise ends for me. My lips do not feel moisturized after using them and the scents are not great.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

These lip balms are super cute and look like little easter eggs. However, they don't do much for your lips what so ever! I know a lot of girls that swear by these but I just don't see the hype. They don't moisturize at all and my lips get dry right after using them. Not sure how these are so popular, I have a feeling it's the cute packaging and colors. If you need a good lip balm try Carmex, it works so much better and is cheaper.

on 12/27/2015 7:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

honesty i was so excited to buy these, but i was disappointed! one you apply your lips turn dry straight away! and hardly no lip balm applys on your lips :( but they do smell good and look pretty!!

on 12/20/2015 4:52:00 AM

I agree that it's in a cute, average size and convenient container, but for my lips, it dries out after even half an hour. It does come in many flavors to choose from, but sometimes, when you don't use it right, it turns out not smelling pretty.

If I ran out of an EOS, I'd think before buying first. BUT, if there was a close Gap store or outlet by, I'd rather just go there for a lip balm (because Gap has a lip balm line as well, and it works magic for my lips.) I'd rather not really recommend EOS, but it's your choice...

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

There are so many issues I have with this balm. As I've gotten older, my lips have dried out considerably and the need for constant moisture has been prevalent in my life. I was taken in by the packaging, thinking it was fairly cute and unique. I have to say though, this product caused angular chelitis for me....severe angular chelitis...which is a fungal situation at the corners of the mouth where they kind of rip a bit and it hurts to open your mouth. Terrible. The moment I stopped using this and threw it away, the corners of my mouth healed. I'm staying away from this product in the future. It seemed to dry my lips out more than without.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This product is so hyped. Other than the scent, everything about this lip balm is unconventional. It's round (sphere) so as the product starts to go down it has an effect on your general application. If your the type to toss lip balms into your purse then this will generate a line of dirt around the sides where you open it which isn't cute and dare I say the more you apply this lip balm the drier your lips become? No Bueno.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a general review as I feel people should know that all the 'flavors' are not alike.
The package is always the same, just a different color....a sphere that has a slight flattening on two sides so you can set it on a surface without rolling. Honestly, people, it's no more prone to rolling than a regular cylindrical balm. If you need something that won't budge, you're going to be stuck with either pots, like what Carmex or Rosebud Salve come in, or those cube balms that are ripping off EOS.
The spheres are not pocket-friendly, but they're super easy to find blind in your bag due to the unusual shape.
Yes, the part where it screws together gets a little icky sometimes, but if you're honest with yourself, you know that Chapstick-style tubes get icky around the cap too. So it's a wash in those respects.
The formulas ARE different, and I think that's where people are getting bad information.
For example, the lemon flavor contains sunscreen, which alters the texture and is horrible for me (I react to chemical sunscreens, and I wish they made lemon in non-SPF 'cause the scent is divine). One (the tangerine, I think?) is medicated, like Carmex. Two or three are designed to be 'softer' than the regular formulation (the ones with the swirls on the sphere). And so on.
Overall they ARE on the waxy side of the lip balm world, which you'd expect because they have to hold a spherical shape even when you're smashing it against your mouth, not to mention they contain fewer chemical/petroleum products than mainstream balms.
You get a VERY generous supply; the sphere is solid balm, and even when you get to the 'framework' at the bottom, there is more underneath that you could take a lip brush to.
They are not pricey in the grand scheme of things. I own three dollar lip balms, twelve dollar lip balms...I mean, they make fifty dollar lip balms if that's your bag. Try one; you can hardly go too wrong for 2.99. I have tried: sweet mint, lemon drop, blueberry acai, raspberry pomegranate, coconut milk, the blue swirl one (name escapes me), watermelon wonderland, sweet vanilla,orange blossom, aloha Hawaii, and whatever the other ones in the Rachel Roy limited edition set were.
My personal faves are the pomegranate, aloha Hawaii, sweet vanilla, and the pink grapefruit Rachel Roy (don't remember the name!! D'oh!!!)
The sweet mint was my first one, even though I dislike mint...the texture of that one is less waxy and the sphere color is too cute. Lemon drop disagreed with me cause o' the SPF, and I just didn't care for the scent of the others. The coconut milk one smells tangy to my nose, though it too is soft and plusher than the others.
Aw, give it a try. It's three dollars and it'll last you at least six months. I know they're trendy and all, but i could not possibly care less what a Kardashian is putting on or in her mouth. If anything, the fact that they hawk them makes me LESS likely to want in on it...so that should tell you how nice and pleasant some of the formulations are. I will continue to buy in spite of the company they keep!!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

What I love about this lip balm -

The packaging: I loooove the sphere, makes it so easy to apply!!

Smells delicious, I have this in Summer Fruits & Strawberry (YUM)

Lasts forever, have had mine for over a year & I still have heaps.

What I don't love about this lip balm -

Does not really moisturise, I get flaky skin on my lips and find this does not help or eliviate the issue at all.

I would not re buy this as it really doesn't do much in terms of providing moisture. I prefer to use other brands like Carmex as I find this does so much to actually combat any issues your lips may have ie. dry, flaky, sore. It helps to slowly repair and protect your lips.

on 6/21/2015 1:52:00 PM

This lip balm is way hyped. I like it, but it's not the best thing out there. I like the fact that it is a very natural product, but the formula makes the lips feel waxy. I feel as if I must press my lips together in order for it to really soak in and moisturize. I find that is is very nice to use before exfoliating the lips. I apply this, exfoliate, and then I can apply another lip product. My favorite lip balms of all time are from Crazy Rumors. (Vegan). I do like the packaging for the EOS lip balms though. It's very cute and unusual. It's also very easy to find when digging in a purse. The packaging makes the application of the product a breeze, but there are better options out there when it comes to lip balm.