Chanel Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

Chanel Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

3.8

on 1/3/2010 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sitting on the fence about this one. But on the other hand, it's the best concealer I've tried.
Packaging is gorgeous, like most Chanel products.
Texture of concealer is nice and smooth, goes on well, reflects light in a nice way and blends in naturally. Doesn't change color or looks 'obvious' like some other concealers I've used.
Coverage is sheer, so if you're looking for something heavy duty, I don't think this will fit. I'll try to 'build' layers for fun tomorrow!!
Where it looses points is in the wear. Looks great at first, but then slowly shifts in the crease... Nothing dramatic and I might be the only one noticing, but still. I guess it's the downside of the creamy and soft texture.
Not sure if I would repurchase. I'll try Bobbi Brown next time.

on 8/8/2009 8:08:00 PM

I just purchased this concealer a few days ago, but I already LOVE it. For reference, I have been using MAC's select Moisturecover concealer, as well as MAC select cover-up concealer for the past 2-3 years. I liked them because they are creamy, don't crease easily and they last pretty long, especially the select-cover up. Also, I am picky about the color selection, so their shades were a perfect match ( I am a C30 in studio fix powder, NC20 in the concealer). Chanel's is most similar to the MAC moisturecover concealer, but Chanel's is much silkier and finer in texture. Like the moisturecover, this one is a tube using a doe-foot sponge-tip wand/applicator. It is creamy, light and dries to a soft powdery finish. It is somewhat sheer, but it easily layers so you can build up in coverage as you desire. I use concealer mainly just on my eye areas, and this is perfect. It doesn't crease at all, lasts all day for me, and best of all is not too drying like many long-lasting concealers can be (including MAC select cover-up), yet not too creamy that it justs sits there and migrates to the creases. I use the second-to-lightest shade (there are 4 shades to choose from) Beige Ivoire, I believe, and it is perfect for me. I am so happy to have found this, I will definitely be using this instead of the MAC from now on!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

True lasting multitasker. My HG of concealers, I have used cle de peau, dior, ysl, armani...u name it I've tried it. Found this little wonder when I attended the fall 2009 color launch at Bloomie's in Miami. The national makeup artist used this not only as an eyeshadow primer and under eye concealer but as a foundation applied sheer with a sponge. I was amazed at how natural I looked and thrilled to have found a product to replace masky foundation. For me $40 is a bargain for what it does...and it's portable too. Give it a try.

on 6/25/2009 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow. My first high end concealer. I do not wear make up so a concealer is all i need. this is the newest concealer release from Chanel. I am kinda fair, but I bought shade two. which was too dark, actually pretty orange. The packaging LOOKS elegant, but it actually sucks really bad. the concealer no matter how clean you are oozes out of the hole and spreads out the crack, and its just a big mess. The formula itself is not that great. mean its alright. But there is nothing long lasting about it. it is pretty liquidy. Again, i must stress nothing about this is long lasting. i do not understand how they can call this a long lasting concealer. really all in all a bad bad concealer. It doesnt mean i wont try other chanel concealers, but this one just doesnt make the mark. 40 dollars wasted.