CHANEL Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

CHANEL Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

3.8

Correcteur Perfection is a pretty good concealer, but not outstanding. As with all Chanel face products, the color is a terrific match for me, but I don't find that what starts out as great coverage lasts all that long. It is essential to use a good moisturizer under the eyes before applying this concealer or it will look obvious and accentuate fine lines. I don't think I'll purchase again.

on 2/25/2012 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I received a tester for two of their lightest shades, 31 and 10; 31 was awfully pink for a concealer and 10 was a shade too yellow for my fair skin. Neither was I impressed by the heavy texture. By blending it in with a fluffy eyeshadow brush, it would eventually blend nicely in but it defeated the purpose since by now, the concealer no longer acted as a covering agent. If you had a normal to oily skin, you would have likely better results than I did due to my parched, dry skin type. But I because I don't, and Chanel's colouring range is so confusing (what is with the numbers going north to south?), I'll have to pass on this one.

on 2/23/2012 3:31:00 PM

All I could say is 'eh'. I have a lot of redness around my nose and cheeks and this concealer didn't really do anything for me. It covers well when first applied, however it wipes off very easily an hour after application. I would recommend people use this product for under eye dark circles, but it's not good for covering acne.

on 1/12/2012 6:01:00 PM

I can never seem to find the right concealer to cover my circles. This one is great. The color match is pretty nice. 10 and 31 are the lightest. 31 is more pink/peach but a bit too peach and 10 is more yellow. I thought it would be too dark, but it blends into my fair skin quite nicely. I put a little over TM, apply a puff of powder and then another little dab. Stays most of the day and doesn't crease. I do love the gel texturee and find it moisturizing but not greasy. I wish there were a tad more coverage so that I didnt' have to apply two coats. It's a bit expensive, but I'd pay it again.

on 1/11/2012 11:06:00 AM

This worked rather well on me, it doesn't feel too heavy. The cons side is that it does not cover my lines well. Didn't give me any issues as well, as long as you properly remove it.
Doesn't smell funny too. And it lasted me for more than a year! Buy this if you're looking for something light!

on 1/10/2012 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely my HG concealer for under eye area!!!! Love it!! Most likely due to the peachyness of it (30) that counteracts the bluish appearance of dark circles plus a blue vein that is underneath my right eye. This stuff perfectly matches my skin around eye area blends in silky with perfect coverage that doesn't accumulate or crease. So much better than many others for under eyes, SA put Bobbie Brown under my eyes it looked so shiny & that was with a dusting of powder on top. Looked horrible!
The texture of this stuff-amazing! And is one of my favorite things about it. Rub it between your fingers & it feels like you have a piece of satin there.
To cover redness near nose/chin I would not use this because the peach tone does not do anything for redness. Instead I just tap on Revlon Colorstay foundation in sand for those areas and it disappears. I plan on trying the Revlon Colorstay concealer but have not bought yet because the foundation covers the red & it lasts so long I have not had to buy anymore.(Love this foundation lasts a long time & has a great texture too.)

I don't like it. It doesn't it do it for me. I have oily, acne-prone skin and this concealer does not cover the blemishes well; I have to pack it on and so it looks cakey and after a while it melts off because of the oil produced by my skin. I wish I could return it. It's expensive and not worth the money.

on 10/11/2011 7:04:00 AM

I love ths concealer. This is one of my favourite and comparble to cle de peau. I use it around my eyes since it is hydrate enough. I use the lightest color for my light skin tone. I esp like the fact that I can touch up with this product on top of my powder. However, if the shade is slightly darker, it could be perfect and replace my CDP.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I purchased this to help conceal my undereye circles. I like the gel formula of this concealer, as I find that it doesn't bunch up in my fine lines as much or look dry on the undereye area like some concealers can do (ie, MAC Studio Finish). The coverage of this concealer is great. This also works well for covering blemishes. Overall, this is a good product. However, I really wish it didn't contain fragrance. Paula from Beautypedia said this is still an excellent product even with the fragrance, but the fragrance is unnecessary. I would agree. However, the fragrance has never irritated my skin so it is not enough to stop me from repurchasing this product. A tube of this is exensive, but it takes a long time to use up the tube so I feel that the cost is worth it (or at least justifiable). I plan on repurchasing this product as I like how easily it conceals my dark circles but does not accentuate my fine lines.

on 9/4/2011 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Let me just start off with a brief background of my skin;
I have very oily skin, but rather dry undereye circles.
I have horrible PERMANENT dark blue/purple undereye circles on my tan NC44 skin that appears as a hideous brown color. On nights when I don't get enough sleep (which is all too often), I wake up looking like someone punched me. =(

This concealer is amazing in the fact that its so creamy and doesn't accentuate the dryness surrounding my undereye area. This also doesn't crease on me which is just amazing as the texture is a bit...thick.

The coverage is light/med and can be built up GRADUALLY to a nice medium coverage. I should let you know that I do wear this over a very thin layer of BBs corrector in dark bisque underneath and it eliminates practically ALL discoloration(s) i have. <3

I also do use this product on my hyper-pigmentated acne scars as well and find the lasting power is superb (even on my oil slick face) and natural looking. I am NC44 and wear shade 30. It is a LITTLE bit too light for me but once on my skin, it oxides just enough to match perfectly.

As far as price and packaging go, we all know Chanel products cost $$$. I paid $40USD for 0.75g/0.23oz which isn't bad as I'm sure this will last me well over 6 months. As far as packaging, this is where i took off one lippie. I'm not crazy about it. its very simple; I guess i'm just so accustomed to the sleek packaging of the Chanel products. I do however, like the doe foot applicator. makes applying concealer a cinch. I will definitely be repurchasing as soon as i run out. =)