CHANEL Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

CHANEL Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

3.8

on 6/30/2011 5:31:00 AM

I am fair-skinned asian, suffer with quite severe dark circle due to my light skin color. This is moisturize and creamy to mousse texture, feel like nothing when apply and glides on pretty well under my eyes. However, I will recommend for those with dry skin and not so serious dark circle girls. I have this in 10 (the lightest shade) and I will say this is on par with MUFE Lifted Concealer. They are both light and won't become cakey on our dry skin. And at the same time, both don't have the enough coverage for severe dark circles.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am very happy I splurged on this Chanel concealer. It is my absolute Holy Grail concealer. Not waxy, oily, greasy or thick; this concealer provided medium coverage with one dot on each undereye area. It dried quickly to a perfectly natural finish and i have no dark shadows under my eyes whatsoever.

I like a natural look and only wear Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua foundation or Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer as foundation set with a light dusting of transclucent powder. This concealer makes a perfect match for a polished, chic and natural look.

I am NW20 and B20 Beige Tendre and Ivory/Nude, and I usd the concealerin 20 Beige Ivoire for a perfect match (not too light or dark). Chanel's Correcteur Perfection is the best concealer I have EVER used.

UPDATE 1/2012: On my second tube. I love this concealer! Wouldn't use anything else.

I picked this up at Nordstrom last week after reading enough reviews to make me give it a shot. If you want a concealer that barely covers anything and is a weird color, this is your top pick! It's ridiculously strangley colored, and VERY sheer. Even after 3 coats it's still not covered anything.

Going back.

on 5/21/2011 11:31:00 AM

This is a very so-so product. This is a concentrated version of face fabric so if you dont like the whole silicone thing, this is not for you. This is a powdery consistency concealer which has light-med coverage. I am not a big fan of the high silicone content since it tends to set a little too dry looking and exacerbate any lines you have. The wear is just OK, I recommend the hourglass and cle de peau over this any day. The color selection is really bad, there is a big step from 1 to 2 and I think it needs a bit more peach for it to cover dark circles. I use no 2 and is perfect for NC30-NC35. No 1 is more suited to pink undertones and is very light.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm pretty new to the Chanel line of makeup, but after falling in love with Vitalumiere Aqua I wanted to try one of their concealers. VA gave me a glow and when I used my current concealer, timeBalm it just fell flat on the spots I was trying to cover-up and draw less attention to.

I found Chanel's concealer to just be a liquid version of my current favorite concealer at a higher price tag. I apply my concealer with a 224 brush, so I actually prefer timeBalm's container to the doe-foot applicator of Chanel's. So after many trails I found to just use my favorite concealer and to lightly apply a thin layer of VA over to blend to a flawless finish.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This would be a fabulous concealer (it's smooth, blendable and leaves a nice finish), but the shade range is problematic. The lightest shade is too dark for me (I suppose I should not have been surprised, as all of the different foundations are too dark in the lightest shade), and I found it to be too thick for use under the eyes. On the face, it would be great for brightening and concealing imperfections if you have a shade match.

(For reference, NW5-10; NARS Siberia.)

This is my HG concealer... I work late nights as a server and I have to be up early for class. This concealer lightens up my undereye area and covers dark circles like no other. Once I put this on its like magic, I no longer look like I have super bad allergies or haven't slept in 5 days :]. The color choices aren't so great but they aren't terrible either, chances are you can make it work. Although most reviews don't recommend it for blemishes, I find that it works just fine. It covers my hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and if I have a spot or two I use a concealer brush to dab it on for more coverage. On my clear skin days I can get away with using just this and a powder. Its amazing, would definitely recommend and repurchase.

on 4/21/2011 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you want a concealer that doesn't really conceal, I would totally go for this. It's extremely sheer for a concealer and for my acne-prone skin, it didn't really cover blemishes the way I needed it to. And honestly, I can't justify spending $40 on a concealer. I'll stick with my Revlon concealer!

on 3/10/2011 2:10:00 AM

Ok soo I have been using concealer for about 2 weeks now. Iam truly amazed and satisfied with it. It covers my dark circles very well and little product goes along way.It has great coverage and the most thing I love is... That its not drying or cakie!!! and thats is amazziiing :) I also noticed it didn't sit on my fine lines. Though remember to first blend with concealer brush then tap with yours fingers and DO NOT rub or drag fingers!
I have tried many concealers but this is truly the BEST!

on 1/15/2011 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am surprised by the reviews here! I like this concealer a lot, especially for my undereyes and any dark patches on my face (around the mouth). It is not drying and it sits on my skin perfectly. I have used other products for the undereyes like the eeeexpensive By Terry touche veloutée, Laura Mercier secret concealer and corrector. They are not bad, but they are either too expensive or too troublesome. The only complain I have is the tube. It looks nice, but the product will get everywhere once you open and close it too much.