CHANEL Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

CHANEL Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

3.8

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

One of my favorites :) this concealer works wonders for me and I like that there's a good selection of shades so the one I got matches perfectly. Just a couple light dabs and it covers my blemishes and under eye circles flawlessly. I rarely have complaints about Chanel products, and this is just another great one I've added to my everyday collection! Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a good multi-use concealer. It's dry enough to be used on blemishes, but watery enough to be spread out under eyes. It's not particularly THE BEST concealer you'll ever use, but if you have some money to spare and would like to have only one concealer (most people use two separate concealers for under the eyes and blemishes), then you'll want this.

on 1/21/2013 4:43:00 PM

Absolutely stunning concealer, which is good both for the under-eye area and blemishes. It is very creamy and blendable, almost whipped consistency. A couple of swipes on my face are enough to conceal everything and even out my skin tone, so for me it's a foundation as well. Having used it every single day for about 7 months I can easily say it lasts a decent time and does the job flawlessly.
It is slightly rose scented, as the majority of Chanel products, but this does not cause any irritations or breakouts.
Using a tiny amount is key and prolongues the wear to up to 14-15 hours without touch-up. It is a real treat for you skin and it is easy to use.
The only down side is that you cannot get every last drop of it out unless you decant it.
I have repurchased and I will in the future!

on 10/15/2012 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I only used this a handful of times and should have returned it. But I kept it and it sits around never getting touched. I have it in Beige Clair, which is a good match for my skin color. There's no shimmer or light-reflective particles but it isn't entirely matte either. The consistency is very light and smooth, a little gel-like, sort of like a foundation. It spreads really easily and sits against my skin well without settling oddly or enhancing the occasional dryness I get beneath my eyes. The doe foot applicator is fine even though I don't use it for application; I dab a little on my finger or the back of my hand and use a concealer brush. The packaging allows you to see how much is left in the tube which is always helpful. My skin is very sensitive and it never irritates or causes a reaction. Fragrance-free too.

Now for the numerous cons. It fades after a few hours and all but disappears by the end of the day. That's its biggest failing, IMO, and it's one of the most important aspects of a good concealer. If I use it on my eyelids it creases immediately, something my Cle de Peau and Giorgio Armani concealers never do. And as far as coverage goes I'd say it ranges from barely there to very light. I need it for my dark circles and it offers as much coverage as a thin foundation, and after it fades I look like I haven't put anything on. I can't even say it's similar to a lightweight highlighting formula like YSL Touche Eclat because those stay put longer. My skin is normal, sometimes a touch on the dry side in winter so its not oiliness causing the lack of longevity. Generally my skin is pretty even toned and I don't deal with breakouts, but I doubt this would offer any sort of coverage for blemishes or spots. Plus it doesn't seem buildable at all so any chance having flexible coverage is non-existent.

While this feels comfortable and I love the silky texture I do think it's lacking in so many other areas. It's fine for days when I've slept well and my allergies aren't bothering me and I only need a touch of undereye coverage but for every other day it's next to useless. There's plenty of other concealers out there that would perform better than this one.

Not my favorite. I asked the SA for a hydrating concealer and this is not that at all. It's very drying and doesn't last. Even with setting powder, it only lasts about 4 hours. And that's if it doesn't cake up and dry my eyes.

I do have pretty dry skin under my eyes and this concealer makes my skin drier and sometimes irritated.
Woud not repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This concealer works very well for me, but I'm not really trying to conceal so much (I have a bit of redness on my chin, nostrils, and cheeks). My skin is sensitive and dry, though, and since these areas are my very driest, it's hard to find products that don't just make them flake or sit on the top of my skin and look ashy. The Chanel concealer is almost gel-like and even feels soothing for my skin, and I was lucky to find a perfect color match. Sometimes I would even spread it all over my face, which may sound horrifying to you, but it's just to underline how smooth the texture and actual look of the product is: very matte but not at all hard.

My tube is finally starting to run out---and as someone pointed out below, it's very irritating not to be able to get the last bits out! I think the price is a bit too high for such a simple product and I hope to find a dupe!

The tube packaging means you cannot really get to the last bit of it. It emphasises the lines under my eyes and was too dry to really blend in.

It runs easily too.

Expensive for the the fact that it doesn't work.

on 5/8/2012 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

What a wonderful product! I purchased the 20 shade but I may need to exchange it for 1 shade lighter.

I am using this just to brighten up my under eyes and even out a few areas of freckles from the sun (they aren't dark) and the ocassional blemish.

It is a great alternative if you're like me and don't like wearing foundation. You can put it where you need it and it's smooth and silky enough to spread out and even your skin tone.

It does not sit in fine lines or look dry, even in my under eye area.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't think this concealer was meant for full coverage - even thought the SA told me it was. It does last all day and it blends very well - texture and colour. I did get it to cover all of my imperfections but the way I use this concealer is quite time consuming. I would first apply the concealer over any imperfections (for me, that includes redness, pimples, dark circles), apply liquid foundation, a second layer of the concealer over the visible imperfections, powder foundation, blush, and a third application of the concealer (if any imperfections are still visible - usually is). After all of this, everything is covered. The reason why I would buy this concealer again is mainly because of how well it blends.

on 4/19/2012 2:20:00 AM

This stuff was pretty thin, almost like foundation. It definately did not cover my under eye circles. It was completely translucent. I would say it was comparible to a Covergirl concealer in performance and texture.