CHANEL Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

CHANEL Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

3.8

on 5/24/2014 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Update: I had bad allergic reaction to this product. My eyes have been red and extremely puffy above and below my eye. It took me awhile to figure out it was this product that caused the reaction. Due to the reaction, this product no longer goes on smooth. Oh, and this isn't a short term reaction that disappears after I stop wearing it. My eyes are still inflamed days after. Only seeming to come down in redness, but still swollen under my eye and dry and puffy above. I may see a doctor if this persists.

I wasn't looking for a replacement eye concealer when I ran across this product online. But I have to admit that I haven't been really happy with either my dated Lancome Effacernes or the sheer coverage of my Natura Bisse Cure Sheer Eye. Swatching this item in store I decided to give it a whirl. Love the coverage and smoothness it gives my eye area. The only thing I have to watch out for is applying it directly atop of moisturizer, because over time that will just be transferred and mixed inside the product. Because of this, I would have liked to have seen this in a tube or bottle that makes dispensing onto fingers easier.

All in all, I'm pretty impressed by the coverage, smoothness, finish, and color match I was able to achieve.

For reference I use the Marc Jacobs Full Cover Correcting Brush No. 14 for application. For face concealing I use MUFE full cover concealer.

on 5/15/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Why is this product so unknown!!

Lovely concealer, very reliable have been using it for the past 2 years. Before that every concealer would not sit right or look right under certain lights - or would look like I've used concealer! So I hated them.

Very natural but don't be fooled, HIGH coverage - which is hard to come by.
You only need the tiniest bit - and just pat it in lightly. Does the job it was made for but remains natural.

If you skip the whole makeup routine from time to time and are the type to run out with a bit of mascara and concealer, this is the one for you. You will not be able to tell where the concealer stops and where your skin starts even in sunlight/daylight which is a very unforgiving light.

on 3/24/2014 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really like the texture of this concealer. It's a gel like consistency and smoothes out really nicely. However, it starts off a shade lighter than my face, which I do prefer then onces it sets, it turn about a shade DARKER than my skin. So... thats a deal breaker!

I could potentially use it in the summer but I dont tan very much. We will see.

on 1/5/2014 2:31:00 PM

I looked at some of these reviews just now and I guess it depends on what you are using it for. I mainly use it for under eye and to contour certain areas around my nose. I love it. I use it with a primer and foundation and its perfection. I dont use a brush, I dab little dots very lightly wherever I am using it and blend up gently patting. I am also using a lighter color than my complexion so these small little dots contained to certain areas go a long way.
I have some discoloration on my face but wouldn't use this concealer for that. Its creamy but its also liquid. If youre looking for heavy coverage over blemishes or scars I'd suggest something thats more of a solid cream or laying an actual liquid foundation with buildable coverage. I guess the price is steep considering its a "concealer" and I dont think its very multi-purpose but for what I use it for, I really love it.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I think the coverage for this one is okay for me but then again i don't really have very dark under eye circles. As for its lasting power to last through the day, not so much. I also find this product kinda oily so if you have oily skin, i suggest to skip this concealer.

on 9/6/2013 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It does has nice coverage but it left my skin super super dry! Never happened to me, it usually works the other way leaving it oily... And it just doesn't last. After a couple of hours it's gone!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this, I've bought it probably 4 times over by now! It really does work well for under the eyes for me, although I do have to reapply at some point. Pretty good coverage, not much creasing, and 100% NOT CAKEY! Sometimes it oxides a little but rarely... It does however break me out on my face I have come to realize, so for under the eyes only it is. It's not my HG, but it's good enough to have rebought 4 times.
I other gripe is by the time you get to the last months, you notice how much faster it dries out on your face. Once you buy a new tube, the quality is amazing and then slowly deteriorates as you keep it longer.

on 5/19/2013 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is very good. It has good coverage, it is not cakey, it does not accentuate fine lines and stays on all day. I have beige 3 and the color is just fine: finally a "real" beige, not pink, not yellow, simply beige.

So far this is one of the best under eye concealers I've tried and I have tried soooo many. I am glad to have bumped into this one.

on 5/16/2013 4:37:00 PM

This concealer just didn't work for me.i find it a little bit too cakey on the skin.Its very creamy and it feels like it might come off anytime.If you have oily skin this is not the concealer for you.i will keep mine since I have barely used it just incase I run out of my EL concealer and have no other choice.

on 5/12/2013 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this at the airport in early January, for no reason other than I wasn't thrilled with the Armani Maestro concealer.

It's extremely long wearing, good pigmentation and water-resistant. I wear it only on my dark circles in 31 Beige Rosé but I do think this product lacks more colours.

For a similar, cheaper concealer with a wider colour selection try the NARS Radiant Concealer.