Antonia's Flowers Tiempe Passate

Antonia's Flowers Tiempe Passate

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Tiempe Passate...When I heard the lovely story behind this fragrance I was curious to try it. The sales girl at Bigelow told me how lovely it was on her. I'd also heard that Antonia wanted it to smell like "perfume that's been 24 hrs on the skin"...Well. on me it smelled like...perfume that's been 24 hrs on the skin. As in all the good stuff has faded, and you're left with the bare base! All I could smell was cedar, something somewhat salty and skinlike and maybe iris and something faintly green. But it was like a date you think will be all moonlight and romantic...but the food is flat and your date's a bore. I had the girl smell it on my arm and her "hmm..?" translated to "It smells alot better on me, sister. Chemistry issues certainly. The apricoty-sweet pea floret and the greeny-woody-floral shop freesia?-smell of Antonia's flowers EDP suited me alot more! Oh well.

on 12/30/2005 8:31:00 AM

This fragrance reminds me of when I visited Italy. I wore this when I visited Europe. This is the most expensive fragrance I own and the packaging isn't my favorite. I have to make sure the top stays on tight because it will spill otherwise. I smell the clementine and cedar in this fragrance when I wear it. I've never ran into anyone else wearing it and have had men ask me what I'm wearing when wearing this. I never tell of course. It works wonderful with the matching lotion. I will ask for this as a gift maybe, since it's so expensive.

on 9/24/2005 9:13:00 PM

...odd. i'd heard so much wonderful stuff about this fragrance that i just had to try it. i ignored the whispering in my head that stated "you know what happens to bergamot on your skin," and swapped for a fairly large decant of it. now you should know that i frequently refer to bergamot as "the burning," and indeed this did smell somewhat like a smoldering bonfire of cedar logs. but it wasn't really unpleasant, per se. the problem was that i also smelled strong notes of black pepper and jasmine in it, and the combination was very disconcerting. i've been able to live with it for hours at a time so it isn't something i'd scream and run from, but it's not something i'd spend money on either.

on 7/29/2005 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a beautiful fragrance. I get tons of compliments on this, especially from men. The first spray is a bit strong with cedar but it settles into my skin after a few minutes and just smells divine!!!

This scent perfectly captures the luxurious aroma of fresh cedar on a cool autumn day. It's delicious like no other fragrance I've tried.

on 7/20/2005 12:13:00 PM

This smells absolutely awful on my skin: a sharp, fruity amber mixture with a touch of salt. I tend to have rather bad reactions to fragrances containing fruit and gourmand notes, and this was no different. The drydown is musty and a bit artificial. I had a bottle but gave it away to someone who appreciates it much more.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Tiempe Passate is something I can see myself wearing forever. I will always have a bottle of this. I am not good at describing "notes" in fragrances so will describe this the best I can. I find it ultra feminine, sophisticated and like no other fragrance I have smelled - on me or anyone. For that I love!

I have tried this fragrance several times by only sniffing the bottle - do'nt make that mistake with this. Finally the sales person at Neiman told me I should try it on. I did - I didn't care for initial smell but after about 10 min it was wonderful. I came back to the dept store the following week and tried it again - same thing. I tried it about 3x before I finally got it in a swap (was ready to buy it!) and I couldn't be happier!

It's perfect for summer and hoping it will be just as wonderful for winter. Definately an HG in my collection!

on 5/31/2005 6:24:00 AM

I have been on an orris/iris kick lately and this is one of those fragrances that have an abundance of this ingredient ( like Hiris , Iris Nobile , Chanel#19 , FM Iris Poudre). For some reason I find iris very elegant , cool and feminine ( the powderiness of it accounts for that I guess) and is very suited to warmer weather.

Having said that , I have to add I am a little on the fence about this one. While I like , to varying degree , all the above mentioned scents , what I love most in this one are the initial stages and not the drydown so much. Not that it's bad , cuz it's not bad. It's something I can't put my finger on. Don't know why , since cedar (of which there is an abundance too) and musk/ambrette seeds are favourite smells for me and woody orientals are also a favourite category. The stage when iris is more pronounced is the best for me. I don't get any rose (thank God!)and not much saltiness. Not being a lover of roses this is a good thing for me. But something happens after that phase and I can't keep it singing to me like it did some while earlier :-(

Plus the scarcity of the brand and the exorbitant price act as deterrents to me , since it would be too much effort to hunt down to be a signature scent ( not that I haven't got enough of those). For these reasons I put 3 lippies and not more , even though I like it. But definitely try , it's very worth it!

I think this is a very unique scent. It's an odd blend of saltiness, cedar and clementine on me. I know there is meant to be Montauk Rose in it, giving it the salty air, but for some reason I get a saltiness and no rose, which is fine by me. It's a very comforting and soothing scent to me. I was lucky enough to have my DH buy it as a gift for me in NYC.

on 3/10/2005 9:12:00 AM

It's fascinating how very different all of our impressions of this one are. On me, it's a really astringent citrus... grapefruit/yuzu/bergamot impression. It clashed horribly with my chemistry.

Popular Fragrances