Antonia's Flowers Tiempe Passate

Antonia's Flowers Tiempe Passate

3.6

on 1/26/2009 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Very nice, spicy floral, but I don't love it enough to buy again. Too much salty, creamy floral in the core, and too conventionally perfumey.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is pure magic and romance- a scent that embodies a classic romantic movie. Lovely, lovely, lovely. HG for sure. I always get complimented on this by both men and women alike. I don't have very much of this left of it and every time I open my medicine cabinet the scent lingers- it is so beautiful. You must go out and purchase this one.

I like a fragrance that has a great divide line; either you really really love this one, or you absolutely hate it- and this one is no exception. Tiempe Passate just happens to agree with my body chemistry and I happen to absolutely love it, so I guess I am one of the few here who gives this scent a great review. I don't think that this smells salty or cedary on me at all. In fact, for the first few minutes this fragrances smells a bit peppery on me, but after 5 to 10 minutes I can really smell the amber with a hint of the rose. For some strange reason my body really responses any fragrance with amber in it.- It almost drowns out all the other elements. I find this scent classy, sophiscated (like a great men's cologne think Aqua de Parma- Aqua Fico de Amalfi comes to my mind) warm, and sexy in 1950's retro way. If I were to pair a film with it I would choose to Catch a Thief, think Grace Kelly and Cary Grant driving along the French Riviera. And I absolutely love a fragrance with a great story and the inspiration for the name Tiempe Passate- Time Passes inspired by a poem Anotonia's grandfather wrote in the 1920's- is very sweet.

I remember when Tiempe Passate was released in 1999 and thinking back then how wonderful and unusual it was. Since then, I have smelled a lot of perfumes, in particular some wonderful rose scents, and I am no longer in awe of Tiempe Passate. It starts off which a strong alcoholic top note and then evolves into a passable rose scent. It is not bad, it is not great, it is just ok. I get a touch of cedar and salt along with the rose notes but honestly, Tiempe Passate is boring. If you want a stellar salty, beachy rose scent, I would suggest Rosine’s Ecume de Rose.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

When I first dabbed Tiempe Passate on it smelled exactly one of those bath cubes that explode in the water with a sudden burst of saltiness! *Extremely* bath-salty and not even a particularly expensive bath-salt! However, the saltiness did tone down, and the scent became more green, with an edge of woods and orange notes, It's OK, but all the time I kept feeling there was just something missing? Floral notes perhaps? Not for me!

Lively & fresh, smells like cedar leaves w/ sharpness of bergamot.. a nice & natural clean smell for a room, not me. Softens a bit on drydown, but still very bright & fresh.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I guess I'm in the minority because I love, love, love this scent. I love everything about it, pretty much, and it's the *only* scent in my collection that never bothers me. Am always happy when I have it on, and can wear it any time of year. I just must have the right chemistry for it or something--because it's *beautiful* always--damn near signature scent caliber, I'd venture to say. And I say this as a *complete scent crackhead.* You know the ones. Per the website, the notes listed are: cedarwood, amber, bergamot, montauk rose (named for its "saltiness") and clementine (for sparkle). I definitely get the cedar and the "salty rose" and perhaps the clementine, too. It is gorgeous--beautiful on its own and layers well with other things I have--even scented body lotion. When I bought it, I spritzed it at Bergdorff's and then went on to Bendel's. The straight sales guy, "James," at Bendel's said to me, "Ahhh, Tiempe Passate--sexy as hell. Not too much--*just right.* One of my top 3 favorites. We don't have it here--you should go back to Bergdorff's and get it NOW." Ummm...okaaaaaaaaayyyyyy. Well, James was right. Do not regret it *at all.* Love the stuff and will keep on re-buying it as long as they keep making it. Fresh, clean, huggy, comforting. Love, love, LOVE. ♥

on 4/7/2007 9:43:00 PM

I really love this fragrance. I do smell the cedar in it but it is not overpowering. Nothing about this fragrance is overpowering at all. It doesn't make you sneeze and you can't smell the alcohol at all when it is first sprayed. I think this is a really well done fragrance. While, I do think it is expensive, I only rated it a 3 for price....I mean when you realize we have things like Clive Christian and JAR, how is this expensive anymore?

And, you can go to the website and purchase samples. So, really the risk is very low.

on 8/23/2006 8:03:00 PM

Tiempe Passate smells like a unisex fragrance. It reminds me alot of Angel Schlesser which is alot less expensive.

This won't offend many. I find it bland and boring. This is very overpriced. It smells nice on me, but not $125 dollars nice. There are plenty of cheaper fragrances out there that give me this much or more pleasure for a lot less. I have paid more money for other fragrance, but they were better quality fragrances, with layered notes, and with some pizazz to them. Tiempe Passate is just FLAT and uninteresting.

Popular Fragrances