Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil
Skin Therapy OilSkin Therapy Oil

4.2

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just finished my bottle of this and I'm not sure that I'd buy this again, I'm kind of torn on this product. I've used this both on my body, mainly scars and some strech marks and also on my face. I haven't noticed any difference on any of my scars or strech marks, but I only used this once a day, not the 3 times a day that it says on the directions. I couldn't see myself taking the time to use this 3 times a day anyways, it seems a wee bit much. It did leave a nice soft feel on the body though. On my face it didn't work as well, but I have dry skin. The one things I didn't like about this was the packaging. It does not take traveling kindly. I lost about 30% percent of the product in my bag-it leaked even though the top of the bottle was still shut. I'm leaning a bit towards not buying this again, but if I needed something for my body and I was desperate I might pick this up.

And if anybody follows Cosmetics Database or worry's about how harmful the ingredients are in their cosmetics, this is rated a 4 out of 10 on their website.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I had this sitting around having bought it to see if it would decrease a pretty noticeable scar between my brows since childhood. It did not so I put it away. I used it again out of desperation, but this time on my face. It has been like a miracle cure for some mild scarring on my chin area....from overly enthusiastic micro dermabrasion.. Nothing and I mean nothing had had any affect on that area and I do not skimp on skin care. If only I had found this earlier...like years earlier. The packaging is nothing special, but there is nothing like it anywhere. The ingredients do not look unusual, but this oil is the best. Use a little for results. Even if over applied it will soak in. This is my moisturizer from now on. In the morning I use sunscreen and this oil. In the evening I use an AHA product and this oil. My skin looks great, finally.

on 12/20/2010 12:28:00 AM

I bought this when I accidentally touched the top of my hand on an iron ( that was set to maximum heat so perhaps got some severe 1st degree burns close to 2nd degree ).
after 3 weeks of diligently applying this oil a couple of times a day, I Can honestly say that you can barely notice that I even burned my hand.
I think it really works because I've burned my hand during ironing before and back when I didn't put any therapy oil and just applied aleo vera gel ( which I think didn't do enough for recovery ) i was left with nasty skin discolouration.

overall not sure if i want to buy this again because I don't really fancy the overpowering cocao/baby oil smell, perhaps if they reduce the fragrance in the future I'll continue purchasing once my bottle runs out, however, will still be on the look out for more natural and fragrance free products.

Palmer's created a winning formulation of light oils, vitamin E, rose seed, and two benign penetration enhancers. Great for scars and stretchmarks, I am using it on my c-section scar and it feels more supple and less ropey with only a few days use.
The packaging could be greatly improved however. I like the way Weleda handles their oils with a dark glass dropper and a sturdy cap. I'm sure the packaging would add to the price, which is moderate considering the amount of sesame oil and E.
The fragrance is another issue. Knowing how light and natural the fragrances of these ingredients are, it baffles me why they are trying to cover then up with a cheap, artificial baby powder scent such as this.
Nonetheless, I have enjoyed the improvements in my skin that this oil has helped me achieve. I use a few drops over damp skin when exiting the shower. I add to EVOO and massage into my face then remove with a steamy hot towel. It is wonderful!!
More than likely, next time I will purchase plain sesame oil, vitamin E oil, cocoa butter, rose hip oil, and some isopropyl myristate to make my own scent-free version and I will omit the dimethicone, canola and the fragrance. If I don't have the time then I will purchase this again.
Edit: I took off stars because I feel there are just too many additives and not enough cocoa butter in this formulation. Not buying again.

on 11/16/2010 4:19:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

Originally bought this oil for my old acne scars, but ended up using it for my whole body.
I love the smell and how moisturizing it is. It has worked to soften my skin, as well as even out the tone. Works great on stretch marks also!

Sometimes I pour a little bit into my bath with Epsom salt.
So relaxing...

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

I love this! I only use it on my face and neck in the morning and at night. It doesnt break my acne prone skin out or make my pores bigger. I'm not sure if the recommended use is for the face but I have really dry/combo skin and this makes my skin so soft I can't stop feeling it after I put it on. It is not greasy at all provided you don't put more then a few drops on. The smell isn't bad (I really like it) unless your one of those extremely sensitive people who likes to complain about everything, i mean really who cares about the smell unless its bad? We're talking product quality and the smell is good and not very strong at all, so get over it. I have the same complaint as everyone- its very messy and they need to improve the packaging. Other than that, this is a great moisturizer and I will be re-buying again and again!

on 9/23/2010 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this for the puberty stretch marks on my thighs that I've had for a few years now. I've only used this product for about 3 days and already those marks are less noticable althought they are still there. I think this is absorbed quickly considering its an oil, obviously not as quickly as a cream but what do u expect. To me this does smell kind of like roses although I know that a lot of people said that they didn't like the smell and that it smells weird, I kind of like it. The opening is a bit annoying but I'll forgive that for such a great product :) I lived in asian and paid about 10 British pounds for it.

on 8/9/2010 10:55:00 PM

My version has Vitamin E in it.

Its a nice oil but, like all oils, it leaves a greasy residue which can come off on clothes and what not -You really need to wait for this to absorb.

pleasant coco smell, that is not overpowering.

I use this infrequently as I'm very patient, but when I do my skin does feel better (less itchy, softer, less dry).

I've tried this oil in the bathtub and like it.

I would buy again. I feel this is good to have around.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I received a sample of this today and tried it and i love it!

Its absorbs into my skin very quickly and my skin feels so smooth... I'll be getting from the store soon, can't wait... and i'll be adding to this review thereafter.

I bought this for my tummy because I'm 6 months pregnant. With my first child I had no stretch marks, and I don't want to get any with this one!! I used the Palmer's Massage Lotion before, and wanted to try the oil. Well, I put the Skin Therapy Oil on my hips, where I have some puberty stretch marks, and I seriously think it's helping them fade a little! I just liked the feel of the oil and thought I'd give it a try all over, had no confidence that anything could fade stretch marks. Well, it's been a week and a half or so, and I notice a difference. Granted, they weren't bad and I have very pale skin, but I'm hooked! Great product, smell is okay but fades fast which is nice. Love it!!!

Popular Body Skincare Products