Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil
Skin Therapy OilSkin Therapy Oil

4.2

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

Palmer's created a winning formulation of light oils, vitamin E, rose seed, and two benign penetration enhancers. Great for scars and stretchmarks, I am using it on my c-section scar and it feels more supple and less ropey with only a few days use.
The packaging could be greatly improved however. I like the way Weleda handles their oils with a dark glass dropper and a sturdy cap. I'm sure the packaging would add to the price, which is moderate considering the amount of sesame oil and E.
The fragrance is another issue. Knowing how light and natural the fragrances of these ingredients are, it baffles me why they are trying to cover then up with a cheap, artificial baby powder scent such as this.
Nonetheless, I have enjoyed the improvements in my skin that this oil has helped me achieve. I use a few drops over damp skin when exiting the shower. I add to EVOO and massage into my face then remove with a steamy hot towel. It is wonderful!!
More than likely, next time I will purchase plain sesame oil, vitamin E oil, cocoa butter, rose hip oil, and some isopropyl myristate to make my own scent-free version and I will omit the dimethicone, canola and the fragrance. If I don't have the time then I will purchase this again.
Edit: I took off stars because I feel there are just too many additives and not enough cocoa butter in this formulation. Not buying again.

on 11/16/2010 4:19:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

Originally bought this oil for my old acne scars, but ended up using it for my whole body.
I love the smell and how moisturizing it is. It has worked to soften my skin, as well as even out the tone. Works great on stretch marks also!

Sometimes I pour a little bit into my bath with Epsom salt.
So relaxing...

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

I love this! I only use it on my face and neck in the morning and at night. It doesnt break my acne prone skin out or make my pores bigger. I'm not sure if the recommended use is for the face but I have really dry/combo skin and this makes my skin so soft I can't stop feeling it after I put it on. It is not greasy at all provided you don't put more then a few drops on. The smell isn't bad (I really like it) unless your one of those extremely sensitive people who likes to complain about everything, i mean really who cares about the smell unless its bad? We're talking product quality and the smell is good and not very strong at all, so get over it. I have the same complaint as everyone- its very messy and they need to improve the packaging. Other than that, this is a great moisturizer and I will be re-buying again and again!

on 9/23/2010 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this for the puberty stretch marks on my thighs that I've had for a few years now. I've only used this product for about 3 days and already those marks are less noticable althought they are still there. I think this is absorbed quickly considering its an oil, obviously not as quickly as a cream but what do u expect. To me this does smell kind of like roses although I know that a lot of people said that they didn't like the smell and that it smells weird, I kind of like it. The opening is a bit annoying but I'll forgive that for such a great product :) I lived in asian and paid about 10 British pounds for it.

on 8/9/2010 10:55:00 PM

My version has Vitamin E in it.

Its a nice oil but, like all oils, it leaves a greasy residue which can come off on clothes and what not -You really need to wait for this to absorb.

pleasant coco smell, that is not overpowering.

I use this infrequently as I'm very patient, but when I do my skin does feel better (less itchy, softer, less dry).

I've tried this oil in the bathtub and like it.

I would buy again. I feel this is good to have around.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I received a sample of this today and tried it and i love it!

Its absorbs into my skin very quickly and my skin feels so smooth... I'll be getting from the store soon, can't wait... and i'll be adding to this review thereafter.

I bought this for my tummy because I'm 6 months pregnant. With my first child I had no stretch marks, and I don't want to get any with this one!! I used the Palmer's Massage Lotion before, and wanted to try the oil. Well, I put the Skin Therapy Oil on my hips, where I have some puberty stretch marks, and I seriously think it's helping them fade a little! I just liked the feel of the oil and thought I'd give it a try all over, had no confidence that anything could fade stretch marks. Well, it's been a week and a half or so, and I notice a difference. Granted, they weren't bad and I have very pale skin, but I'm hooked! Great product, smell is okay but fades fast which is nice. Love it!!!

Love it! I originally bought this for scars and I have to say my scars are really improving after only a week. It felt so good that I use it all over (except my face). I can't believe the difference it has made in my skin! This is an awesome product! The bottle is hard to use and is a bit messy. I wish it had a pump, but with the difference it has made in my skin I can deal with it. I definitely recommend!

on 5/6/2010 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Palmer's can do no wrong in my opinion! I absolutely love all of their products.

I first started using this last summer on a bad sunburn. Where I would normally peel horribly, when using this I peeled very minimally.
It is now the last month of Autumn (Fall) here in Australia and I am using this for my increasingly dry skin. It works wonders! I slather it on my skin overnight and depending on time, put some on in the mornings too. It gives a nice satin finish to my skin, smells amazing and moisturises my skin beautifully!

My only issue with it is the packaging. It gets a bit messy with the dispenser and would work better with a pump.

Otherwise I am very happy. The price is great, it does the job well and it smells delicious!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is an amazing little product. It has a better price tag than bio-oil and not as heavy feeling.

It works great on my face and body. I use it all the time and gives my skin a long soft feel. It even work well on my combination skin on my face without making it very oily or clog pores.

Even though it's small, it can last for a long while. Definite must have!

Popular Body Skincare Products