Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil
Skin Therapy OilSkin Therapy Oil

4.2

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

on 8/27/2012 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I think an important thing to keep in mind when using this product is that very few things will actually diminish the appearance of scars, stretch marks and wrinkles. If there were, then we'd all have perfect skin!
...
That said, this product does help with maintaining the condition of my skin and keeping my back acne marks from getting too terrible. I've been using this product every night for a couple of months on my back, as well as my regular Palmer's lotion on the rest of my body. At first I was expecting it to make my scars go away within weeks, but I realized that would be impossible. However, I kept using the product out of habit and recently noticed that my scars have toned down just a little.
...
For an affordable product, it certainly doesn't hurt my skin. This has not caused my back to break out more, even though it is an oil. I do still get breakouts, but my overall skin is decently smooth. I use this after I take a shower in the evening. I don't know how it would work on skin that hasn't been just washed. It's also great for adding a little bit of a glow to your legs.
...
Overall, I like that this product is affordable and gentle. It doesn't work miracles, but it has improved my skin's texture and appearance better than the acne products I was using before. For a few dollars, that's not bad at all!

on 8/1/2012 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS and how it feels on the skin. Definitely tones down the color of my scars....hoping that it will all disappear soon however. Not too greasily or oily and moisturizes your skin. The only downside is that it leaks and the bottle will be oily after use. Take note when traveling.

This is a nice oil to use all over your body, it has a thin consistency and a soothing smell, I like the fact that there's vitamin E in it, and the price is affordable.

Edit: After carefully studying the ingredient list and searching online, I don't think I am too impressed with the content of this product.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This product is great. It's a fast absorbing oil which soaks up nicely and leaves my skin soft even the day after. The price is lovely, it feels like one of those 'bargain luxury\ products because it is quite lovely, considering the price. The only problems I find with it is that the packaging leaks sometimes or then Im just such a careless user who's bashed it so many times somewhere, who know! Also the smell can be quite strong to some people, if you have a sensitive nose and don't like products with strong fragrances, then this might not be the product for you, a perfect daily moisturiser! Would purchase this again, I use it daily during evenings after a shower before I go to bed! Great Product!

on 3/11/2012 3:25:00 AM

Love this product, had red scars on my nose and after a month of using this, they are practically gone. It's really moisturizing and I haven't broken out from it at all (I have acne prone skin too), this is definitely one of my faves! plus it smells so nice

on 3/8/2012 1:18:00 PM

I use this on my face most mornings with rosehip oil under my moisturizer. I also combine it with a body moisturizer after each shower and use it all over!

I use a variety of oils, creams, serums, etc. I can't say for sure which one works best over another but I like how this makes my skin feel. You know how nutritionists tell us to eat a variety of foods every day, such as an apple one day and strawberries the next because your body needs variety? I think it makes sense to do the same for our skin. So I use this oil but not everyday (I also use essential oils with jojoba and grape seed oil, Algenist serum, Boots serum, carrot seed oil, and as mentioned, rosehip oil).

I noticed some people here complain it isn't a miracle oil for stretch marks. I just wanted to point out that only a dermatologist can give you fast results and even then fast is sometimes a period of 6 months to a year before you see the improvement you want (depending on severity). That being said, be patient and realize this will help prevent further damage and it will take time to heal.

on 12/6/2011 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love this oil! I use it on my face twice a day right before I apply my moisturizer and it leaves my face so soft and hydrated. I have super dry skin especially now that its winter and this really helps! I would def recommend.

on 8/14/2011 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am starting highschool this next week, I had a growth spurt and I gained a wooping 30 pounds in half a year so my skin has stretch marks on my inner thighs and hips and calves. I have been using this product for 2 weeks now, I was hoping for a miracle when I read the reviews of satisfied customers, sadly I have seen no improvement were it is needed, it does soften the skin and make it feel better, but the appearance of stretch marks are still there. the colors have not faded as quickly as I wanted them to, and the dents in my skin are still there. If i wanted a lotion to make my skin softer I would've bought one. I am hoping the stretch marks will atleast FADE away in color by next week or I will be very dissapointed. but on the cons it is cheaper than most stretch mark creams/oils so you get what you pay for. it has leaked when I left it sitting down sideways with the cap on tightly. I am not going to lie about this product; it wasn't what I was hoping for but let's see if it will get better! 2 weeks and counting!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this smell of this stuff, I smell like a giant chocolate pudding(haha).
It has been scientifically proven that slathering anything on old white stretchmarks will not improve its appearance once it is pass its red/purple stage, thus it did not do anything for my old stretchmarks but on my new ones, it seems to have an effect(again, scientifically proven that massaging new stretchmarks will promote better circulation thus helping the collagen deposits which contributes to less severe stretchmarks) on my red ones. I am not sure whether this is a result of the skin therapy oil or massaging it religiously everyday. ANYTHING to get those pesky marks off. This product absorbs quickly and is mildly hydrating(mind you.. I have very dry and sensitive skin).

on 8/3/2011 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

For those of you who are considering this for stretch marks--IT WORKS! I have tried all the different Palmer's stretch mark products (the body butter, the lotion, and the oil which specifically say "for stretch marks on them," regular cocoa butter doesn't really work) and they all work well! This one is very easily absorbed so don't worry about feeling greasy, and it has a nice soothing smell. It's very moisturizing, and I have been seeing my stretch marks fade! You do have to apply it regularly. I think it says 2-3 times a day. I did that for a while, and now I just do once a day, which is still working. My stretch marks were on my inner thighs and hips, and they were deep red and purple. They're fading to a light brown, and eventually silvery nude! Mind you, the actual "dent"-like lines will still be there, because the damage has already been done, but the look of them gets a lot better! I would recommend this or any of the other stretch mark products for those looking to fade their stretch marks. I hope it works as well for you as it did for me!

Popular Body Skincare Products