Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil
Skin Therapy OilSkin Therapy Oil

4.2

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Mmmmmmm, Mmmmmm! Smells like yummy chocolate, moisturizes moderately and sinks in by the time you are ready to get dressed (if you don't overdo it). I would say it is a lighter oil, not a thick,sticky or overly greasy one. Perfect for warmer weather and it smells heavenly. Warm, sweet chocolate that stays close to the skin and does not linger for long - once the scent disappears there is no "off" oil smell that I have experienced with some other oils. Great before bed -but it can make you crave marshmallows!

I love this stuff! I use it on my hands after washing. I make sure I wash and then use this stuff each night right before bed and my hands (which sometimes crack due to cold or over washing) are as soft as a baby's skin.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Love this product. I actually mix it with my skin cream....My shea butter...body lotion. Rarely use it straight out of the bottle. Trying to stretch my dollar. My bottle was $11.50 at Wal-greens. A little steep for oil...BUT WORTH IT!

on 8/27/2012 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I think an important thing to keep in mind when using this product is that very few things will actually diminish the appearance of scars, stretch marks and wrinkles. If there were, then we'd all have perfect skin!
...
That said, this product does help with maintaining the condition of my skin and keeping my back acne marks from getting too terrible. I've been using this product every night for a couple of months on my back, as well as my regular Palmer's lotion on the rest of my body. At first I was expecting it to make my scars go away within weeks, but I realized that would be impossible. However, I kept using the product out of habit and recently noticed that my scars have toned down just a little.
...
For an affordable product, it certainly doesn't hurt my skin. This has not caused my back to break out more, even though it is an oil. I do still get breakouts, but my overall skin is decently smooth. I use this after I take a shower in the evening. I don't know how it would work on skin that hasn't been just washed. It's also great for adding a little bit of a glow to your legs.
...
Overall, I like that this product is affordable and gentle. It doesn't work miracles, but it has improved my skin's texture and appearance better than the acne products I was using before. For a few dollars, that's not bad at all!

on 8/1/2012 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS and how it feels on the skin. Definitely tones down the color of my scars....hoping that it will all disappear soon however. Not too greasily or oily and moisturizes your skin. The only downside is that it leaks and the bottle will be oily after use. Take note when traveling.

This is a nice oil to use all over your body, it has a thin consistency and a soothing smell, I like the fact that there's vitamin E in it, and the price is affordable.

Edit: After carefully studying the ingredient list and searching online, I don't think I am too impressed with the content of this product.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This product is great. It's a fast absorbing oil which soaks up nicely and leaves my skin soft even the day after. The price is lovely, it feels like one of those 'bargain luxury\ products because it is quite lovely, considering the price. The only problems I find with it is that the packaging leaks sometimes or then Im just such a careless user who's bashed it so many times somewhere, who know! Also the smell can be quite strong to some people, if you have a sensitive nose and don't like products with strong fragrances, then this might not be the product for you, a perfect daily moisturiser! Would purchase this again, I use it daily during evenings after a shower before I go to bed! Great Product!

on 3/11/2012 3:25:00 AM

Love this product, had red scars on my nose and after a month of using this, they are practically gone. It's really moisturizing and I haven't broken out from it at all (I have acne prone skin too), this is definitely one of my faves! plus it smells so nice

on 3/8/2012 1:18:00 PM

I use this on my face most mornings with rosehip oil under my moisturizer. I also combine it with a body moisturizer after each shower and use it all over!

I use a variety of oils, creams, serums, etc. I can't say for sure which one works best over another but I like how this makes my skin feel. You know how nutritionists tell us to eat a variety of foods every day, such as an apple one day and strawberries the next because your body needs variety? I think it makes sense to do the same for our skin. So I use this oil but not everyday (I also use essential oils with jojoba and grape seed oil, Algenist serum, Boots serum, carrot seed oil, and as mentioned, rosehip oil).

I noticed some people here complain it isn't a miracle oil for stretch marks. I just wanted to point out that only a dermatologist can give you fast results and even then fast is sometimes a period of 6 months to a year before you see the improvement you want (depending on severity). That being said, be patient and realize this will help prevent further damage and it will take time to heal.

on 12/6/2011 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love this oil! I use it on my face twice a day right before I apply my moisturizer and it leaves my face so soft and hydrated. I have super dry skin especially now that its winter and this really helps! I would def recommend.

Popular Body Skincare Products