Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil
Skin Therapy OilSkin Therapy Oil

4.2

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

on 8/27/2013 11:15:00 AM

I bought this a week ago after a friend from work told me she had been using it and it had worked wonders on her. I have tried so many different products, some prescribed by doctors, others just over the counter at my local drugstore and I've even ordered products online to get rid of my acne scars and red marks. None of them have worked quite as fast as this one. It's been 6 days of using this two times a day and my skin has smoothed out and the red marks are already fading! I have combination skin and my skin is no longer flaky and not as dry/oily it's evened out so much! I would highly highly recommend this product it's super affordable only like 5 dollars at Shoppers and it's a pump bottle so you can dispense the right amount each time.

on 6/19/2013 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried a sample of this oil and at first was repelled by how strong the smell was, then, after half an hour I realised I really, really liked the fragrance in the oil (It's the same fragrance as the lotion, only stronger). I was looking to purchase some but found it to be quite expensive from Boots and I don't trust these online sellers. When the perfumes I have now run out I might not buy another perfume and actually buy this instead and use it as a perfume.
I've read that the smell wears off, but I don't remember that happening, I found it to be lovely. I normally find Palmer's lotion to smell a bit cheap and not as rich as genuine cocoa-butter but this oil was gorgeous. Would definitely buy a bottle of it!

on 6/15/2013 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This stuff is amazing. I had an allergic reaction (contact dermatitis) and my neck broke out into a dry, itchy, red rash. It was so bad that not even makeup would cover it up. After two days of using this product my neck no longer itches and the skin is nearly back to normal. I've been using this product off and on for over three years. It is most definitely a staple. It smooths my skin's texture and fades my hyper pigmentation (my biggest issue) for a more even complexion. I am assuming it would be great for smoothing fine lines but I can't say as didn't have them prior to using this product. I use it mainly on my face and on my legs. I love that it's not greasy and absorbs quickly.

I bought this for $14 at my local BSS, but for the quality of product and the amount you get, I feel that is a very reasonable price. The packaging is great in that it's now available in a pump bottle. This product is definitely a must-have.

on 4/15/2013 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this product! It smells great, it's moisturizing without being greasy, I use it all over after getting out of the pool (I teach swim lessons) and my skin is finally looking and feeling healthy again. I've tried Eucerine and Aquaphor, but they're greasy and heavy and it seems to take forever for them to soak in. With Palmers Skin Therapy Oil, it soaks in nice and quick, feels light on my skin, and isn't greasy at all!

I also love the fact that after only using for about two weeks (only once or twice a day, not three times like the directions recommend) that some of my stretch marks are disappearing! I only had a few somewhat "fresh" stretch marks. When I first started losing weight at the beginning of the year, they started to fade, but were still there, nice and pink. With Palmers, they've gone from pink to just barely pinker than my skin tone, and are smaller.

Keep in mind, this oil will not help old stretch marks go away. The marks need to still be pinkish for it to help, if they're white the oil won't do anything except make your skin super soft (which is totally okay!)

I also use this on my face after many failed attempts with facial moisturizers. This is the only product that has helped balance out my skin and improve my skin tone, to the point where I feel comfortable not wearing make up. This is a MUST TRY product!

on 3/30/2013 4:04:00 AM

I'm 20, have been using the cocoa-butter scented oil on my face, and have definitely seen an improvement in skin tone and feel. I have pretty dry skin that was previously littered with hyper-pigmentation, acne scars, had a generally dull quality, was slightly flaky and occasionally oily due to my skin trying to make up for its dryness. After two months of using this oil daily, my skin's soft, evened out/brighter, no scars, MUCH less acne-prone, not flaky, not overly oily because it's well moisturised, and though its done nothing for my pores (which it doesn't claim to anyway), my face is otherwise pretty much 'fixed' :)
For the rest of my body I tend to stick with the regular Palmer's body oil, because it seems like such a waste to use the much smaller and specialised therapy oil on non-problem areas when the body oil would have the same effect.
The smell isn't overwhelmingly strong, and is an interesting chocolatey scent (which I don't mind, but I can see how some people might find it unbearable). In any case, though it absorbs within a few minutes, the scent does linger, so if you're worried about the smell, maybe try the rosehip scented version, which is reputedly a lot nicer smelling than the original.
I use about three drops for my whole face -every night after washing my face- and have barely made it through a third of the bottle, so I think it'll last a while. I do agree with previous reviewers that it's not the most ideal packaging (flip-top cap for a bottle of oil),but it personally hasn't been a huge issue; my bottle sits on my vanity so I haven't had any real leakage problems or anything.
A fairly priced product that does what it says.
Will repurchase again, probably. Maybe the rosehip version next time!

on 3/25/2013 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this oil, I use it on my face and it makes it softer and helps alot with the appearance os fine lines, my skin looks smoother , hydrated and its not greay at all, the smell is soft and calming, I just wish it comes with a dropper, everytime I use this on my face It makes me look less tired, around my eyes and the lines aroung mouth, excellent oil for such a great price!

on 3/7/2013 11:14:00 PM

I'm not too crazy about the smell. It doesn't smell 'delicious' like chocolate to me at all, instead I find the smell rather wired and too strong. Also my bf doesn't like the smell as well.

I've been using the product on and off for about one month and haven't seen any visible result yet. I don't think I will buy it again. However, if I do see the result I may only use it on the small marked area on my skin to avoid the smell.

on 2/21/2013 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't like the scent but I love the fact that it lightens my pimple scars. It's not too greasy. I use it every morning after shower and every night before going to bed.

on 11/9/2012 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok so they updated the packaging of this product and it now has a pump! WONDERFUL.
I bought this on 11/3/2012 and today is 11/9/2012.

Over the summer I started noticing pinkish purple lines (stretch marks) forming on my inner thighs. I was so sad and didn't go swimming all summer because I was embarrassed of the marks and didn't want to bare it all in a swim suit.

When I saw this product - i kinda stumbled upon it while I was looking for sweet almond oil to use on my hair. I think I paid about $9 dollars for it at wal-mart, and thought i'd give it a try because it claims to improve the appearance of: scars, stretch marks, dry damaged skin, uneven skin tone and aging skin. (Which I have all the above.) I have hyper-pigmentation on my face from popping pimples, a few scars here and there, the lines that appeared on my legs, and so on.
For the price I paid ($9) I was not expecting much from this product. I used it 3 times a day for 7 days (since the very first day I bought it.) and I looked down at my inner thighs today while sitting indian style, and WOW - my stretch marks were close to GONE. They were merely just 2 or 3 pink marks, (looked like i had an itch and lightly scratched it.) I also noticed that the scar on my wrist was SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. And only after using this for 7 days. I plan on using up the entire bottle. And to think I listened to people who said "nothing gets rid of stretch marks" and making me think my body was ruined. This stuff gave me my life back!

- and as for the hyper-pigmentation i had on my face - its significantly reduced as well. I have switched from high-coverage foundation to tinted moisturizer. My skin has never looked so good.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Mmmmmmm, Mmmmmm! Smells like yummy chocolate, moisturizes moderately and sinks in by the time you are ready to get dressed (if you don't overdo it). I would say it is a lighter oil, not a thick,sticky or overly greasy one. Perfect for warmer weather and it smells heavenly. Warm, sweet chocolate that stays close to the skin and does not linger for long - once the scent disappears there is no "off" oil smell that I have experienced with some other oils. Great before bed -but it can make you crave marshmallows!

Popular Body Skincare Products