67%
package quality

price range

Reviews

14 days ago

I liked this one. Goes on smooth.

About reviewer (1023 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

1.0

a year ago

Tried to love this. Got it during the neiman Marcus 20% off sale. (Maybe it was Bloomingdales?). It looks nice at first and has decent coverage but an hour later and I am a cakey mess. It settles in my lines and gathers in my pores. I also look oily but my dry patches are highlighted at the same time. Maybe this is good for dry skin but not oily. The shade range is trash too, wish I didn’t buy this! I won’t be purchasing high end foundation on a whim ever again. What difference is 60$ foundation from 30$? I can’t tell. And this isn’t even a full ounce like most foundations. It’s .8 ounces or something so really the price is more Like 65$ an ounce. Rip off

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

2 years ago

I love this foundation! I have combo skin and this looks absolutely amazing over Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. It makes skin radiant and fabulous and the shade Perfect Cinnamon if great for my NC15-20 skin. I love Givenchy foundations - adore Teint Couture and Matissime too but I have to mix 2 shades in those so it's great I don't have to in this one! I also like to buff on the Givenchy Prisme powder in Beige Dentelle over the top with a Kabuki.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I love this foundation so, so much. My skin is combination--normal leaning dry cheeks and upper lip, normal leaning oily everywhere else. I have enlarged pores on my nose, the frontal plane of my cheeks, and between my eyebrows. There is also a bit of pitted scarring on my cheeks from past acne. My objectives in choosing a foundation are 1) to make my skin look as smooth as possible, blurring the look of my pores/scars, etc; 2) to provide light-medium coverage but not obviously look like makeup; 3) to hold up on my combo skin a reasonable amount of time (8-10 hours in my book); and 4) to provide an EXACT color match. This foundation makes me look virtually poreless (I do use the Givenchy Mister Smooth primer underneath, which is a fabulous smoothing primer). It gives a solid medium coverage but looks remarkably skin-like, even under harsh lights and 10x magnification. It does not accentuate dry patches (I use Retin-a and live in a dry climate). It never, ever sits in my pores and creates a "polka-dot" effect, nor does it accumulate in my smile lines. Yesterday I wore it for the longest yet, about 14 hours; I did have a slightly dry look on my upper lip (which actually tends to be my driest area), but overall the foundation still looked great. It seems to wear off in a very pretty way, with no obvious separation or settling or other unpleasantness. My skin is fair, and perfectly neutral--yellow based foundations make me look jaundiced, while pink-based foundations make me look gray and washed out. Which leads me to my one and only gripe (which is very minor)-- I do have to buy two shades to mix together (#1 Perfect Ivory and #4 Perfect Vanilla)..... #4 is slightly too dark but the undertone is a spot-on match, so I compensate by adding a dash of #1, which also contains the same neutral undertone. It's a small thing, but for a $51 foundation that comes in at less than a full ounce of product, I wish I didn't have to buy 2 bottles. The finish is on the matte side, but there is a subtle sheen that I find very youthful-looking. I do tend to set my T-zone with the Bye Bye Pores loose powder, but my oily areas stay acceptably under control for about 3 hours or so, another 1 or so with setting. If I don't set, I can see it getting glowier as the day goes on, but it fades in a very pretty, flattering way. Finally, the thing I think I love most about it is how consistently it performs, whether I use a brush, BB sponge, fingers, whatever. I get the same effect every time. I do tend to use the Sephora Pro Airbrush #56 because I'm pretty fast with it, but really it wouldn't matter. Love it, 5 stars, finally a foundation I can be loyal to!

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

This is my holy grail foundation! I absolutely love it. It smells really good, but not overpowering. Some foundations make it look obvious that you have foundation on. This one looks just like skin! When I do a natural "no makeup" look, people can't even tell I have foundation on. The coverage is excellent, and it lasts about 10 hours before it wears off. It doesn't settle into my fine lines or pores. Perfect beige is a perfect match for my skin. My only complaint about this foundations is it's very pricey ($53!) for the amount you get; however, I would repurchase this foundation even if it would cost over $60.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGray

4 years ago

A bit about me - I used to work at a big makeup retailer and have tried many, many, many foundations out there; seriously, you name it, I've probably played with it. My skin - I have pale (part neutral part red undertones - it depends on what mood my skin is) *a sidenote, for those of you who are of deeper tones and you think pale people have it easier, absolutely not. Its the medium range people who have it easy and can find a million options for them. If you are like me and can see all your veins, your freckles are pink and you are about the shade of snow - it is frustratingly complicated to find a shade that matches. In this line however, I find I am Vanilla which I want to say is #4, how there can be lighter shades really blows me away. My skin is very SENSITIVE (I break out or seem to be allergic to a lot of stuff out there and therefore, finding a product that covers my whole face can be a bit of a nightmare) and combination skin that tends to be more dry but gets randomly oily - break up gross on the nose and eyebrow area. I do tend to use a primer and finishing product (but not necessarily all the time), however because I tend to use a different primer on the weekly, I don't find that these types of products alter the wear/look/affect of the foundation. **If you are a WOC please know that this foundation range is weak sauce and unfortunately it does not go as deep as it really should. If you are looking for a line that can meet your needs I recommend you check out Cover FX, Lancome, or Armani for something similar. I have also heard good things about Marc Jacobs Genius Gel. The details - All that being said, I have never found a foundation that can compete with this liquid gold. It has great lasting power (even on my dry spots, plus it doesn't cling); and while I do use a finishing powder or spray, I would say it can still stay relatively well throughout a normal work day on it's own. It has a more dewy look to it, which can be minimized with powder, but looks so true to real skin it makes me want to cry. Now, having worked with makeup I am the first to tell you that makeup plays differently according to who is wearing it - BUT, not this stuff! I actually tried this out due to a recommendation from someone who has very OILY, acne scar (and active acne) textured skin. She too has found the product to give her the most natural look while delivering SUPER HIGH COVERAGE, blurring effects and radiance. The biggest difference is that she uses a powder to finish everything off. It does have sunscreen in it, so be aware when taking photos (that might be the only downside but I am no model, so its not that big of a deal to me). Scent - In terms of scent, I have never really noticed much. It has a slightly fresh scent to it, but not anything overwhelming. Wear - as I said it is very high coverage, dewy but true-to-skin foundation. The formula blurs texture, doesn't sit in fine lines, and seems to hydrate without giving me more oil in my problem areas. Application - use a beauty blender, a brush or your fingers - they all work and you get the same beautiful results. I have heard many people say "its about application, not price." Sure, in fact some lower cost budget items can perform great, just as some high end products can suck, hard. BUT, when comparing this to drugstore foundations, this stuff has no competition. The application is almost fool-proof and I find that it's ease makes it great for beginners and experts alike. Price - Do I love spending $51 on foundation that lasts me like 4 months (if I am lucky)? No. Does anyone love spending that much on foundation? I doubt it. I wish it were cheaper, but its not and while I have tried to find a dupe, I have not had luck and I know that I cannot use anything else. What can I say, my skin is a snobby bratty organ. Whereas other products just sit on my face, this stuff becomes a part of my skin and makes it look like I am wearing nothing. It plays well with my concealers which are from LA Girl and Maybelline. In the past it has also played nice with concealers from NARS, Marc Jacobs and Cover FX. This is a lot of info but I just love this stuff and cannot say enough great things and really recommend it for everyone looking for a foundation that gives them great coverage without looking cakey.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

This product has completely changed my perspective on foundation. I've always gone for full coverage, opaque foundation. When you are matched w/the right color, this product will melt and disappear into your skin, taking with it any imperfection! I have this in Perfect Beige, and it is JUST that, perfect! I'm very fair with warm undertones. I have a lot of pink in my face, so its a bit of a task to balance me out. I've found my holy grail. The color and formula are perfect for me. It actually looks like my skin even after several layers to maximize coverage. I highly recommend!!!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I love Givenchy foundations. This one work great on all skin types. This foundation on my normal to dry skin gives a satin finished and very creamy, This foundation gives me medium coverage but I have no skin issue. This is not a long wear foundation but it last me all day at work. I will buy this foundation again. I'm in shade Perfect Gold.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

4 years ago

I fell in-love with this foundation at first swatch. I was in Melbourne's new Sephora, and was just supposed to look around. Sephora didn't have a stock of the colour I wanted so I ordered online. However, I got the wrong shade, Perfect Praline. I think I am #3 Perfect Sand. I'm blaming Sephora's lighting. For reference, I'm a MAC NC20. Chanel VA B10. GA Lasting 4.5.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

2.0

5 years ago

I plan to return this today. For the price I expected way more. It looked like your typical drugstore foundation. The coverage is LIGHT. It did not cover anything on my face. And the wear is not long. I do not have oily skin at all and this foundation wears off after three hours. I expected decent coverage and wear for the price ($50)!! I can get cheaper foundations that work way better than this.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium