Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYLMETHOXYCINNAMATE) 7.50 , C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, PHYTOSTERYL/OCTYLDODECYL LAUROYL GLUTAMATE, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, OCTYLDODECANOL, OZOKERITE, ETHYLHEXYLPALMITATE, C20-40 ALCOHOLS, POLYETHYLENE, IRVINGIA GABONENSIS KERNEL BUTTER, HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES, DECYLOXAZOLIDINONE, TRIBEHENIN, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), LUFFA CYLINDRICA SEED OIL, BHT, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, VANILLIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TOCOPHEROL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, TOCOPHEROL, PROPYLGALLATE[ /-: CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 45380 (RED 21, RED 21 LAKE), CI 45410 (RED 27, RED 27 LAKE, RED 28 LAKE), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), MICA, CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 6 LAKE, RED 7, RED 7 LAKE), CI 75470 (CARMINE)].

on 8/24/2016 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The first time I bought this very overpriced lip balm was, unsurprisingly, at an airport duty free. I was mildly aware of its 'cult' status and the packaging was so girly, so kitschy that I just had to have it. Well, surprise, surprise, I've ended up really loving this product and am now on my second tube.

As a lip balm, this isn't particularly moisturising and I need to swipe it over my lips several times to alleviate any dryness. I don't use this in place of a lip balm and I think if that's what you are expecting, you'll be disappointed. I think of it more as a hydrating lip tint and, in that respect, it's superlative. It's the perfect lippie to have in your handbag because it's so versatile that you can wear it with anything on any occasion without having to worry about touch ups. Plus it conditions your lips nicely. The price is expensive but I will say that the ingredients are great (no petroleum or lanolin here) and the smell is like vanilla birthday cake. It isn't sticky or tacky at all and wears well under other lipsticks.

I have this in the original pink shade and on my fairly pigmented rosy lips, the effect is subtle although it does enhance my natural lip colour nicely. It definitely comes out as a cool toned pink so perhaps not great on days when my makeup is more bronzey. That said, the coolness isn't so pronounced that it would clash with warmer colours - it just wouldn't be the best complement to them.

To sum up, this is one of the few products that have reached backup-worthy status for me. I'm so lazy about lipstick that, despite the fact I love it, I hardly wear it. The Dior lip glow is the perfect compromise. It makes me feel more polished and put together while requiring absolutely no effort. Thumbs up from me!

on 8/9/2016 3:01:00 PM

I would not purchase this myself. Don't get me wrong - I loved this product and how it felt on my always dry lips but it simply costs too much to become permanent item in my bag.

I read bunch of reviews on it and always wanted to give it a try. Finally I received it as a gift and I gotta say... it was love at first sight.

The packaging is very luxurious and combined with the soft scent makes the application process really pleasant. To be fair- you get a lot less product than in a regular lipstick shape lip balm. The size is a bit deceiving since it's quite large but only fits 3.5 g.

The product itself is AMAZING. I love the smooth texture and the softening, moisturizing properties it has. The slight, natural pink tint is a very nice bonus for me since my lips are usually too dry to wear lipstick. I received many compliments on how "pretty this lip color looks on me". This product will look slightly different on everyone so it really brings out the most flattering shade for you to enhance the beauty of your lips. Which is why Dior called it "color reviver balm".

All in all - great, magical product but it ran out all too quickly and for $40 (I live in Canada) I will not be buying this again.

on 8/6/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Not what I use when my lips are really dry, but great to use for a casual day, as it does enhance the colour of your lips. A nice product.

on 8/2/2016 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This little beauty costs $49 in my country. Phew. And yet I have purchased it twice.

I wear NC20 Mac, but my lips are mauve-brown (darker than what you would expect for my skin tone). When I apply this, it turns the most beautiful dark pink shade I have yet to encounter with any other lip product. It truly is a shade of MLBB. (I use Pink 001).

It doesn't emphasise lines. It goes on smoothly. Its moist, however those of you with really dry lips won't find it hydrating enough. Once, I kept reapplying it throughout the day (10+), and it made my lips turn hot pink (the same color as the stick), because it's actually thick when it dries and forms a layer, especially if you don't eat and it rubs off. So a good alternative would be to use this then a regular lip balm. However, after meals it needs reapplying.

Recommend. Depending on your part of the world, buying it from strawberrynet.com is cheaper than purchasing it from the Department stores. Another alternative I've found (but not used yet) is to purchase products from the US and trying a forwarding service (e.g. https://www.shipito.com) where they then forward products from the US to your country.

Addit: really off topic. I found a good review site comparing these forwarding services if you are not from the US (https://www.choice.com.au/shopping/online-shopping/buying-online/articles/shopmate-and-us-freight-forwarding-services)

OK, I know, I know…Why pay $33 for a small, elegantly packaged lip balm?! I am usually a sucker for luxurious formulas in cosmetics and skincare, but generally very wary if it does not produce an exceptional result for the elevated price, to boot.

There are many dupes of this product, both high and low end, including the imported South Korean knockoff "It's Skin" Lip Glow (which I also love and use regularly), but this is a tad bit more natural (i.e. less bright) and weightier, yet considerably more cosmetically elegant in texture and packaging! It gives me a simple, youthful, glowy, semi-natural "customized to my pH" shade, and I will rebuy when I run out.

I'm not sure where all these high ratings are coming from. I hate to disappoint, but this lip balm did nothing for my lips, but give them a little shine. Frankly, I can get the same result with a clear lip gloss or chapstick. It may work for ladies with moderate to highly pigmented lips, but I'm not so lucky. Sorry, but I'll have pass on this one.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have been using this lip balm for years, it is very moisturising and turns my lips a nice shade of pink. The packaging is also very cute.

on 6/1/2016 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very expensive lip balm. But this is the only lip gloss that won't cause more flakiness or peeling. It add a little sheer to my lips. Still looking for a cheaper alternative. But will buy again

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I love its colour and moisture.

The color is magically changed after it's applied on the lips for a while. It gives the lips very good glow but not exaggerate as a makeup.

I've used it for years and keep buying it before it runs out.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This really soothes and moisturises my dry lips. The colour tint is very subtle. To see a visible colour change, you have to apply quite a fair bit, like 3 swipes. Once the balmy-ness fades, a slight natural looking tint is left behind. Not a fan of the packaging. For a Dior product, it should be more sophisticated, not with a chunky cheap plastic looking cover.
Lastly, I received this as a gift. For its price, I think you can get cheaper tinted balms that will work just as well.