Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYLMETHOXYCINNAMATE) 7.50 , C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, PHYTOSTERYL/OCTYLDODECYL LAUROYL GLUTAMATE, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, OCTYLDODECANOL, OZOKERITE, ETHYLHEXYLPALMITATE, C20-40 ALCOHOLS, POLYETHYLENE, IRVINGIA GABONENSIS KERNEL BUTTER, HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES, DECYLOXAZOLIDINONE, TRIBEHENIN, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), LUFFA CYLINDRICA SEED OIL, BHT, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, VANILLIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TOCOPHEROL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, TOCOPHEROL, PROPYLGALLATE[ /-: CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 45380 (RED 21, RED 21 LAKE), CI 45410 (RED 27, RED 27 LAKE, RED 28 LAKE), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), MICA, CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 6 LAKE, RED 7, RED 7 LAKE), CI 75470 (CARMINE)].

on 5/25/2009 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

"Dior Addict Lip Glow responds to the color chemistry of your lips to create a shade that is uniquely yours" so says the Sephora website. On my pale Celtic skintone it became a rosy pink, however the effect didn't last too long. You could use it on no make up days to enhance your lips, but what's the point?? As a lip balm it works OK, but I prefer my cheap and trusty Carmex. The packaging is pretty and functional and the product has a pleasant scent/taste (bit like minty vanilla?) , it does condition the lips BUT with the 18 price tag I won't be repurchasing!!!

Just got this today like another reviewer on here, but Iiked it so much I thought I would do an early review.
Went to Sephora to return something and to pick up the Dior Nude foundation. Saw this sitting with the other lip glosses, and the packaging is what drew me in. (im a sucker for lip gloss AND packaging so this was a double whammy!) The semi-see through pink tube with the silver bottom. Beautiful. I tested this on my had and I really liked the color it left there.
I have another product by Jemma Kid that is the same thing, however it dries my lips out so bad I can't bring myself to use it! Also it gives a really unnatural bright pink color.
I have almost no color to my lips and if I don't have something on I can look quite sickly.
So, I decided I would go over to my Dior counter in Dillards and get it there. (see if they had any gift with purchase!)
I bought both the Nude foundation and the lip glow, and I put it on as soon as I was out of the mall.
This products is amazing! I would give it 5 lippies, but the price is out of control!!
It gives me the most beautiful pink pout that actually looks really great with my skintone although not quite natural. It has just the right amount of gloss to it, and best of all, it is NOT STICKY!!! Ya. It almost feels a little like thin vasalene. I frequently feel that MAC lip glosses/glasses etc are really sticky and have no staying power. This stuff did need to be touched up for the gloss factor, however the light pink flush lasted a long time. (like 4 hours)
Needless to say if you are on a budget this is not the product for you, however with summer coming and the trend going back to bare and bronze, this is a geat product to have. Ligth and natural. If you want to splurge on something for this summer but have all the bronzer you can hadle, this would be my recomendation! Love it.

***UPDATE***
I have been using this product now for about one week, and it is still great, don't get me wrong, but it DOES dry my lips. Its not as bad as the one that I got from target, but something in these two products (im guessing whatever makes your lips change color) dries my lips out pretty bad. I still like it, but dont think I will spend $28 on it again. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I had a gift card, so I figured I would buy an overpriced tube of lip balm. This gives great color, a nice strawberry shade on me, and I love the SPF. The texture is good too, and it does last, but not as long as I would have expected something so expensive to. It is very moisturizing, and exactly what I was looking for. The tube is also really nice.

I just got this today so this review may be premature, but so far I like this product. My lips are highly pigmented so nothing works for me except plain ol' lip balm. I have been searching for something that isn't too shiny, but adds a little finish to my lips without overemphasizing them and this product does just that! It only slightly enhances my natural color without looking fake or overdone. It is not sticky and seems moisturizing. The packaging, while cute, seems a little flimsy-- like it would fall apart in your purse. The price is ridiculous, but I think it will last a long time.

on 5/5/2009 4:01:00 PM

I have to admit that I bought this because I saw Pixiwoo use it and I love lip stains. I'm old enough not to know better than to get caught in the hype but once in a while I let myself get lured in. This is a good moisturizing lip balm that turns a nice soft pink color which I love. Sadly, it doesn't last and it's really a $28.00 lip balm in a pretty package. I'm not really price sensitive but this is over the top so although it's OK, I wouldn't buy it again.