Guerlain Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10

Guerlain Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10
Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10

4.8

Move over Mythic Parfait, Nacre Des Mers has moved in for summer. I have fair cool toned skin with a little extra pinkiness due to very mild rosacea so really need neutral colors. Rose Frais (02) is way too pink for me, Beige Lumineux (03)way too dark. Mythic Parfait (01) was the best choice until now. Nacre Des Mers (10) is probably between 01 and 03, having more yellow in it than 01 and less brown/intensity that 03. This is great for me as the yellow in it tones down my pinkiness and evens out the complexion with just a hint of color for the summer. Summary: I think this is probably the most neutral color in this range and will suit a lot of people. Make sure you get that top superficial shimmery layer off really well before you apply to face otherwise you will look like the tin man.

on 5/3/2009 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Guerlain has come out with their 2009 summer collection, and since I am a Guerlain makeup junkie, especially when it comes to their Meteorites, bronzers and kohls, I rushed to my local store to buy this, along with the new bronzer, kohl and mascara :-)
You can see that Guerlain is going down the "sea" and "shell" theme for this summer, the entire line is inspired by shimmery beiges, golden and turquoise colours and the entire new line is just spectacular.
I own 2 pressed Meteorites - the Rose Frais and Beige Lumineux, but I have to say after trying it out - Nacre Des Mers is my favourite. Nacre Des Mers comes in the same plastic case like the other siblings in the family, but the lid cover is silvery vs. black. Once you open, you will immediately notice some shimmer, which if you are a no-shimmer person may turn you off, but just as with all of the other poudres de perles, majority of shimmer disappears with the first application. This does not mean that there is absolutely no shimmer left, just that it will be a LOT more subdued in subsequent applications.
Colour-wise, this reminds me the most of the Beige Lumineaux, but it is significantly lighter (but it's in the same colour family). In the middle it has a light turquoiuse "ball" vs. purple one in Beige Lumineaux. If Beige Lumineaus was too dark for you, but you tend to be warmer toned - Nacre Des Mers is for you. For the reference, I am Parure 02 and this looks amazing on my skin.
Nacre Des Mers is VERY sheer, to me seems like it's even more sheer than Beige Lumineaux or Rose Frais. There is no colour deposit (at least nothing noticeable to me), so it serves more as a highlighter or complexion evener/brightener. I in particular like to use it over Parure foundation, just to give it that additional glow, but I also tried it on my bare skin and it looks SUPER-natural. The glow you get from the slight shimmer in the product is elegant and sexy, I mean, there is no tackiness in Guerlain powders - everything is ultra-classy.
Highly recommended!