NARS Cosmetics Night Star

NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.4

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

First let me say that I love Night Star! It is not meant to be worn alone but as a base or over to add the sparkle. I am a GGG/hazel eyes and I wear this often with other eyeshadows in the winter or alone and it just brightens my winter pallor and adds a subtle sparkle to my eyes. It is not really a peach to me but a sheer neutral with a lot of sparkle. I have even bought a back up!

on 7/5/2005 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

My first Nars e/s. Pretty in the pan, really sparkly, but very little pigment! I will not repurchase!

on 7/3/2005 5:49:00 PM

This is a gorgeous sheer light peach with golden sparkles. When on it is subtle, but sexy subtle. It brings out my blue eyes, & I've received many compliments on it.

on 6/24/2005 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

In the pan this has tons of little sparkles & it looks so pretty. The minute I put it on me eyelid I saw NOTHING. It has a nice texture but no pigment. Would not buy again.

on 2/3/2005 9:50:00 AM

One of the worst Nars e/s I've tried so far.

I'm a devoted Nars fan and this is a hands-down shadow. The color looks so beautiful in the pan, a soft vainilla with lots of sparkles, which is all I get when I apply it. Nothing more! The color just doesn't show up at all and after a while all the micro glitters is in your cheeks instead of where they should be. Definetly no repurchase

on 12/25/2004 2:05:00 PM

I personally love this shadow. In the pan it is stunning. A bewitching peach with loads of sparkles. On the eye it is subtle and only gives a hint of shimmer. I see why so many previous reviewers would be disappointed in this product. On the back of the hand the color is just amazing and beautiful. On the eye it loses that oomph! However it is such a pretty peach color that works well as a highlighter or as a wash over the eye. This is the first Nars shadow that I will use up. I highly recommend trying this on the eye than testing on the hand. Trust these reviews. Do not purchase based on the back of the hand test. You will be disappointed.

A shimmery gold with peach undertones + huge amounts of gold glitter in it. A very pretty colour that somehow doesnt really register on my eyes. All i see in my eye area where i placed the colour has brighten and noticeable gold sparkles. Perhaps best saved for giving extra oompf to a boring es or lightening a dark es...wont repurchse simply cos i dont see myself reaching for this that often...a pity cos it really is gorgeous!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

A pretty peachy color with silver shimmer.

This looks AWESOME on your finger or hand... but on the eyes... it's almost non existant! Not cool.

THe texture is nice, what is there stays put (i love the formula of NARS e/s) and Im sure this color would be great with a black e/l and red l/s. But regardless, I was looking for more color out of this guy.

I wouldn't buy this again
continued >>

on 12/9/2004 1:24:00 PM

I fall into the same camp with most of the other reviewers. I fell in love with this shade on my finger and hand, but it merely looked a little shimmery when I put it on my eyelids. GREAT nude color, but I don't wear eyeshadow so my eyelids look slightly more nude colored than they look naked--I wanted some seriously beautiful sparkly neutral OOMPH, and this left me dissapointed and out $20! There are a million and one better options out there. I am taking it back today, and will hesitate to stray from my beloved Urban Decay again. Damn, and I usually love NARS.

I just wasn't "wowed" by this eyeshadow. It looked so pretty in the pan and on my hand but hardly anything showed up on my lids. The gold glitter is so pretty but it falls all over my face. I'm a PPP and it really does nothing for me. Kinda disapointed, oh well.