NARS Cosmetics Night Star

NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.4

I was so sad and disappointed by this one. As others have mentioned, Night Star is an absolutely stunning peachy color with lots of small gold glitter. I eagerly awaited my package from sephora, and was positive that I was going to love this one. And I did-- in the package, that is. Even with my trusty UDPP, this shadow had no staying power on my lids (which are not oily either). To make matters worse, this also creased horribly on me (another thing I am not used to experiencing w/eyeshadows), and the gorgeous gold glitter ended up everywhere on my cheeks, nose.......except for my eyes. I gave this 2 lippies since it is such a beautiful color, but it just does not work for me.

on 6/4/2007 12:36:00 AM

As soon as I opened this gorgeous little black compact I thought, ''I am going to love this colour". Night Star is a shimmery golden-peach shadow with gold flecks of glitter. It is very wearable and is great for a chic daytime look that highlights the eyes. My only problem with this shadow is its lack of staying power. I find that it creases very easily, even though it is a powder, and the flecks of glitter tend to fall down onto my cheeks within a couple of hours. continued >>

this is only one of the "night" shadows that is not a dark color and could be worn day or night. it is subtle peachy tone with an large amount of fine shimmer in it. this color works great on anyone with paler skin. in the daytime, it has a slight shimmer, just enough to make people notice how wide awake and naturally beautiful the wearer looks. in the nightime, this color could be worn by itself for a more natural look or paired with deep lipstick for a more dramatic look. the compact is the standard black with the mirror inside of it. lasting power is very good and it only creased a small bit after i had worn it the whole day. this is my favorite of the "night" shadows and maybe my favorite shadow in the whole NARS collection.

on 3/10/2007 4:50:00 PM

This is a pale creamy ivory color with lots of very fine, gold sparkles. They are not fine enough to make this sheen-y, but twinkly and obvious and fun. I think I like this the best out of all the "Night" colors (I've tried Night Porter, Night Breed and Night Flight) since it's not a dull blackish gray on me like the dark colors are, but an actual color that's flattering and eye-brightening.

The texture also seems to be a bit better--not as hard and chalky as the others can be, but it's still too powdery and not creamy enough for my taste. But it is much smoother and easier to apply and blend than the others. Love the sexy NARS packaging of course. I'm not sure if I'd repurchase as this is too sparkly for me to wear during a normal workday, but it's great to have around for nights out and the sheerness makes it versatile, since you can add it on top of any other shadow to add some life.
continued >>

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I beliebe this eyeshadow cost me about 14.00. It is a preyy little package complete with a mirror and a sparkley eyeshadow.
It is a pretty glittery golden beige eye colour that looks original. This shadow has been on my wish list for about 5 years only its hard to cross in the UK.what a dissapointment!
This has little staying power and I certainly do not have oily lids, heaven forbid if you do as this colour will last about 5 minutes.

It looks a bit orange on the eyelids and certianly not as glittery once on the llids. This has to be brushed on eyelids with foundaion or an eye base so that this can stay on. It lasts for about 30 minutes but that i ncludeds fading time.

It has very little glitter and is very fine when applied which is very dissapointing.

Nars have let me down and if it were nott for the look of the shadow I would not have bought. I will never purchase an eyeshadow from them agai. Sick to good ole chanel there eyesahdows are like no toher....

on 9/20/2006 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this shadow. The peach barely shows up, which is great-- I just want the sparkles, which I feel illuminate my eyes. It goes on so nicely with a broad shadow brush. I don't know why people complain about this shadow, it's a great day color. I would happily purchase it again.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the peachy sparkly colour this eye shadow gives. But for the amount of money this eyeshadow costs, I'm sure I could have gotten one that was similar somewhere else. It doesn't show up very much (due to the nature of the colour, not NARS or the eyeshadow's fault), so that's why I wouldn't buy this again for that price. But if I got this for free, I would love it! The sparkles are awesome and look sooo great under the lights in the department store.

on 8/15/2006 5:29:00 AM

I bought this because, like other reviewers, I fell in love with this in its pan. It did show up on my very pale skin, a beautiful champagne colour.
It makes me look so much healthier and more alert and goes nicely with pretty much every lip colour I'd use in a week, which means it can become part of my 'I want to look ok but dont have several hours to put a load of makeup on' look.
The packaging's pretty cute too, the rubber means that its very easy for me to keep clean.
Update: years later and I still have the original one I purchased, and I love it. Versatile, subtle and evidently long lasting. Fab!

on 8/10/2006 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After wanting this for years, I was lucky enough to get it in a swap. How could anyone not like this lovely e/s? It doesn't show up as a strong color, but it's a lovely neutral vanilla-golden beige nude with judicious gold sparkles that creates an elegant, polished, super-finished look. At first I thought the sparkles might be too much, but now I see what they're there for--they just add a little twinkle and shimmer to the lid. It's a really great e/s and will become a staple for me.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Perfect shimmery flesh color! Night Star is the perfect color to go as a compliment to any other eyeshadow. It is a fleshy color with gold sparkles (NARS website describes the sparkles as "gold pearls"). Very neutral and the gold sparkles really are like teeny-tiny golden pearls twinkling around your eyes. The sparkles are conservative and are NOT over-the-top at all. They just go on as a light dusting of glimmer. Really lights up the eyes. I love Night Star paired with NARS Fuji (medium-deep green color) .... beautiful smoky eye look! Absolutely 5 lippies! :) ____UPDATE_____(8-27-06) Still loving this eyeshadow! This has become my HG of eyeshadows! I wear this alone a lot, and I also wear it OVER all of my other eyeshadow colors because I *LOVE* the tiny, shimmery golden pearls in it! I literally wear Night Star every single day, whether alone or over other eyeshadows. I love the way it just lights up my eyes! Instantly wakes up your whole entire face! Love, love, love! HG! _____UPDATE_#2___(3-9-07) Still loving Night Star! This has become my HG eyeshadow. I use this literally every single day. I cannot imagine what I'd do without it. It creates a perfect neutral nude eye look which is conservative and great for allowing my lips and cheeks to flaunt brighter colors, yet it also has that awesome golden pearly sparkle thing going on which just *lights up* my eyes. It's like a conservative "nude" eye that really isn't! That old wolf in sheep's clothing. It's a unique cross between wild sparkly night clubbing eyes and conservative soccer-mom country club eyes. It'll leave them guessing which one you are! LOL! And I'm not telling! Best, most versatile eyeshadow ever created IMHO. :)