NARS Night Star

NARS Night Star

3.4

This eyeshadow is great, it has a lot of shimmers in it and looks quite natural, you can combine it with every other eyeshadow. The packageing quality is perfect with a mirror in it. I always take it with me.

on 8/12/2003 8:55:00 AM

In the pan, this is a beautiful, shimery/glittery peachy shade. On the skin- it's a bit of shimmer, nothing more. It's a shame, because NARS shadows *look* great in the pan, but have no pigment. And for the price, you'd definitely expect something more...

on 8/6/2003 12:27:00 PM

Being a huge Sex and the City fan, I bought this back when I found out this shadow was used on the show all the time. Well for $18, this shadow is very very sheer. It looks great in the package, but hardly shows up on my lids at all. I did find that when I applied the shadow wet, it did show up better, but still was very sheer. I also don't care for the texture of the shadow. It's very hard and I have to scrape the surface of the shadow everytime I use it. I guess I have to keep experimenting with this. Love the packaging though! :)

on 8/1/2003 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very pretty peach w/gold glitter. It would be great to use as a brow highlighter or an allover wash.

I wanted night star so badly for so long. It just looks so beautiful in the package. A light nude shadow with clear sparkles. Unfortunately, the base color doesn't show up and I can only use it to add a touch of sparkle to whatever eye look I happen to be doing. I just can't let it go though!

on 6/9/2003 10:15:00 PM

You think you're reading a review of Night Star but, you're wrong. This review is about nothing, which in reality is all this eye shadow is. $18 of nothing. The color called out to me at the store. It begged me to buy it and wear it everyday. It looked so pretty in its little rubber case (which might as well be empty). I never use this product. I open it up every once in a while to look at the pretty champagne-peachy color. But thats about it. I am a med-olive-golden and it still doesn't show up. This color should be called INVISIBLE.

on 5/6/2003 8:48:00 AM

this is one of my favourite eyeshadows. despite it not showing up very well on my pale skin i have come to learn it's great for toning down other eyeshadows, giving them a more casual look. it also, in my opinion, has just about the right ammount of shimmer / glitter to it. if you're looking for something dazzling though you won't find it here. *****.

on 5/4/2003 6:19:00 PM

This is a very pretty peachy gold e/s with glitter. I actually found the glitter to stay in place fairly well. I used a sponge tip applicator, which probably made a difference. The colour lasted a really long time. It is a very subtle, pretty e/s that I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I cannot believe that i didn't buy this before. I mean this is sooo pretty, it's so golden and peachy the perfect eyeshadow for me. the sparkles are soo pretty and it looks amazing when it's paried with a bronze eyeshadow.

on 3/10/2003 1:51:00 PM

I like this eyeshadow, but I can't say it is my favourite. I wanted to buy the Edie eyeshadow (because I want a "flesh" coloured e/s for a no-eyeshadow look), but they were sold out, so the SA's convinced me to get this instead. Anyway, I use this as an all over shimmer wash, and it's kind of a flesh colour, but it's just a little darker than my skin. So it's like a nude-peach on me. I think I'll wear this when I want the focus on my cheeks and lips and I just need a slight wash of colour on the eyes. The glitter is lovely, but does fall all over the place! Do not use a brush with it, the glitter will just drip off the brush and end up everywhere on your face and on your desk. I use a sponge tip applicator for it - I find that it presses the eyeshadow and the glitter on a bit better.