NARS Night Star

Filtered by skin type : Combination
NARS Night Star

3.7

on 1/15/2010 5:09:00 PM

I really love this eyeshadow, it is one of the very few I have hit pan on and I will definately repurchase when I finish it. This is a pretty peachy apricot with gold sparkles in it, it doesn't seem very pigmented it bathes your eye in warmth and brightness without being bling.
I was bought this as a gift and for quite a while I just wore it as a wash every day over my entire lid and then added to it in the evening if I was going out. I now often wear it over Benefits Creaseless Cream in Slippin' and Dippin' as they compliment each other really well and it makes a fabulous base for warmer brown or gold looks.
I don't get any fallout with this and I don't find the glitter falls during the course of the day either - as mentioned before I'll often apply over a cream base or UDPP now, but I used to wear this alone and it had great staying power then too.
I like frosted and glittery shadows, I have deep set eyes and it helps to bring them out, also they suit my fair/cool colouring, but even if you are weary of all things glittery I still think this is worth a try.

on 11/23/2008 2:43:00 PM

This shadow isn't very pigmented, and it looks soooo very pretty in the container too. Its still a lovely shade though, and it makes your eyes sparkly and one color. Still love it, I just don't think I'd use it all up.

I really like Night Star; it is the perfect final touch over another eyeshadow. I agree with others that this is not ideal for use alone, especially given its tendency to disappear! I use it lightly during the day and put on several coats at night for a shimmery, romantic effect.

I love Night Star. From reading the reviews, it seems like most people think it's really light and I think that's the point of it. I like it for a bit of glimmer. Or I use it as a highlighter on the brow.

I do tend to use it over NARS Danceteria glitter pencil which deepens that pale glittery color. Surprisingly, this color goes well with a light gray in the crease. I've been thinking it would also look really stunning with a bright green on the lower lash line.

on 1/28/2008 12:17:00 AM

As with others, I had high expectations for this. Night Star is a sheer pale peachy porcelain colour with flecks of gold glitter in it. Unfortunately, it is too sheer for my liking. Just a little bit more pigmentation would have been great. And I wish the gold flecks could have been formulated to stick a bit better to the eyeshadow powder.

I tend to use it to highlight my browbone, which is quite nice. But I have to use quite a bit to get any sort of effect, and as a result, end up with too many glittery flecks all over the place. So I find that applying it wet makes it a bit more easier, as Nars eyeshadows can be applied wet.

Overall, a bit disappointed with this - mainly due to it's lack of pigmentation which is completely the opposite of other Nars eyeshadows I have used. I'll continue to use it as a brow highlighter & hopefull work out some other way of getting the glitter to stay in place!

on 11/22/2007 4:49:00 AM

This is a staple for me; I use it on the browbone as a highlighter. This neutral is something I reach for when the look I'm trying for is a bit glamorous or dramatic, due to the glitter factor. Simple and lovely.

Urgh! This eyeshadow looks so pretty in the container, but it's nothing more than glitter! No color shows up at all.. just glitter!
I'm not a fan of the 13 year old glittery makeup look, so I will not be re-purchasing.
I'm so disappointed NARS!

on 10/17/2007 6:16:00 PM

This eyeshawow was def.not woth the money.I'm NW 30, 35 and this eyeshawdow barely showed upon my lids. In the pan, it's a beautiful light tan shade with little flecs of gold glitter. On your lids the glitter isnt even noticable.The color isnt anything special, considering you could barely see it.

on 6/4/2007 12:36:00 AM

As soon as I opened this gorgeous little black compact I thought, ''I am going to love this colour". Night Star is a shimmery golden-peach shadow with gold flecks of glitter. It is very wearable and is great for a chic daytime look that highlights the eyes. My only problem with this shadow is its lack of staying power. I find that it creases very easily, even though it is a powder, and the flecks of glitter tend to fall down onto my cheeks within a couple of hours. continued >>

this is only one of the "night" shadows that is not a dark color and could be worn day or night. it is subtle peachy tone with an large amount of fine shimmer in it. this color works great on anyone with paler skin. in the daytime, it has a slight shimmer, just enough to make people notice how wide awake and naturally beautiful the wearer looks. in the nightime, this color could be worn by itself for a more natural look or paired with deep lipstick for a more dramatic look. the compact is the standard black with the mirror inside of it. lasting power is very good and it only creased a small bit after i had worn it the whole day. this is my favorite of the "night" shadows and maybe my favorite shadow in the whole NARS collection.