NARS Cosmetics Night Star

Filtered by skin type : Combination
NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.7

on 1/30/2004 1:07:00 PM

Night Star is a shimmery peach nude shade on me. I got is as a part of the NARS Holiday 2003 palette and it works well with the colors in there. I'm not quite sure if I would buy it again on its own but its definitely a great shade to wear even by itself when you want to just brighten up for eye area a bit.

Like the other reviewers state, this is very sheer for a MMM. It's really just to add a little sparkle. Pretty, just wished it had a little more pigment in it. *EDIT 5/25/06* - I love this shadow!! You must wear this with Danceteria!

This eyeshadow is great, it has a lot of shimmers in it and looks quite natural, you can combine it with every other eyeshadow. The packageing quality is perfect with a mirror in it. I always take it with me.

on 8/12/2003 8:55:00 AM

In the pan, this is a beautiful, shimery/glittery peachy shade. On the skin- it's a bit of shimmer, nothing more. It's a shame, because NARS shadows *look* great in the pan, but have no pigment. And for the price, you'd definitely expect something more...

on 5/6/2003 8:48:00 AM

this is one of my favourite eyeshadows. despite it not showing up very well on my pale skin i have come to learn it's great for toning down other eyeshadows, giving them a more casual look. it also, in my opinion, has just about the right ammount of shimmer / glitter to it. if you're looking for something dazzling though you won't find it here. *****.

on 5/4/2003 6:19:00 PM

This is a very pretty peachy gold e/s with glitter. I actually found the glitter to stay in place fairly well. I used a sponge tip applicator, which probably made a difference. The colour lasted a really long time. It is a very subtle, pretty e/s that I will definitely repurchase.

on 3/10/2003 1:51:00 PM

I like this eyeshadow, but I can't say it is my favourite. I wanted to buy the Edie eyeshadow (because I want a "flesh" coloured e/s for a no-eyeshadow look), but they were sold out, so the SA's convinced me to get this instead. Anyway, I use this as an all over shimmer wash, and it's kind of a flesh colour, but it's just a little darker than my skin. So it's like a nude-peach on me. I think I'll wear this when I want the focus on my cheeks and lips and I just need a slight wash of colour on the eyes. The glitter is lovely, but does fall all over the place! Do not use a brush with it, the glitter will just drip off the brush and end up everywhere on your face and on your desk. I use a sponge tip applicator for it - I find that it presses the eyeshadow and the glitter on a bit better.

on 3/4/2003 3:11:00 PM

I got this thinking I would use it as a shimmery wash. I did not like the way the light golden color came to dark and obvious on my lids, to unnatural looking. I think this is just me though. I liked the light shimmer, but it seemed to vanish in 1 second. I ended up taking it back.

on 1/28/2003 4:44:00 AM

Oh, how I wanted to love this...this looked like my perfect dreamy eyeshadow, all champagne hued and sparkly...but alas, the texture was terrible, and the glitter just did not appear evident when applied. I might as well have not been wearing eyeshadow at all. So disappointing.

on 10/16/2002 8:35:00 AM

This looks *gorgeous* in the pan.. a pretty beige/champagne with lots of micro shimmer. However, it's practically sheer on application! No matter how many layers I used, it was basically a sheer e/s with sparklies. However,the sparkles are still beautiful and the compact is the cutest.. if only the color actually showed up!