NARS Cosmetics Night Star

Filtered by skin type : Combination
NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.7

A shimmery gold with peach undertones + huge amounts of gold glitter in it. A very pretty colour that somehow doesnt really register on my eyes. All i see in my eye area where i placed the colour has brighten and noticeable gold sparkles. Perhaps best saved for giving extra oompf to a boring es or lightening a dark es...wont repurchse simply cos i dont see myself reaching for this that often...a pity cos it really is gorgeous!

on 12/9/2004 1:24:00 PM

I fall into the same camp with most of the other reviewers. I fell in love with this shade on my finger and hand, but it merely looked a little shimmery when I put it on my eyelids. GREAT nude color, but I don't wear eyeshadow so my eyelids look slightly more nude colored than they look naked--I wanted some seriously beautiful sparkly neutral OOMPH, and this left me dissapointed and out $20! There are a million and one better options out there. I am taking it back today, and will hesitate to stray from my beloved Urban Decay again. Damn, and I usually love NARS.

I just wasn't "wowed" by this eyeshadow. It looked so pretty in the pan and on my hand but hardly anything showed up on my lids. The gold glitter is so pretty but it falls all over my face. I'm a PPP and it really does nothing for me. Kinda disapointed, oh well.

on 10/22/2004 12:48:00 PM

very pretty colour, but the gold glitter was quite obvious. neutral/warm colour. i'm a cool ppp, but it looked fine on me. a good base for brown eye looks

This sparkly eyeshadow is perfect for turning daytime makeup into nighttime makeup. The sparkle adds the necessary amount of glitz when you only have a few moments to touch up. I like to use it for layering over boring brown drugstore eyeshadow. For extra pizazz I apply it over the NARS glitter pencil in Danceteria.

on 5/14/2004 5:13:00 PM

Gorgeous in the pan -- and that's about it. It's a beautiful beigey peach with gold shimmer -- but it has below average pigmentation and doesn't stay put. Usually that's a 2 lippie rating, but given it's NARS and pricey, that makes it 1 for me. It isn't even versatile as a sheer wash, b/c usually I want my wash to be "truly" basic and not have sparkles. Plus it crumbles easily (parts of it are shattered even though I didn't drop it). No repurchase.

the color is amazing.. i love using pale/peaches/nudes/pinks on my eye lids cuz i use alot of black eye liner and im a ppp.. this is a beautiful nudish peach with lots of micro goldish silver glitter in it.. the only thing is.. once u apply all the glitter flies all over the place.. but overall its a good product but then again nars is a very good makeup brand i love all their products

on 4/19/2004 6:55:00 PM

Nightstar is a beautiful pale peach with lots of tiny sparkles. When the light hits it, the sparkles reflect a rainbow of different colors. The only problem is that once you apply it, the sparkles all but disappear. I did however get great results when I applied it wet. I'm PPP and this looks really nice against my pale skin so I would recommend it as long as you apply it wet.

Only the sparkles show on this MMM MAC NC43/44 gal!! Still makes a nice highlighter though!! Am dying to try out some of the other "Night" shades!!

on 3/4/2004 3:28:00 AM

again, the cake broke up and became useless to fast. It looked gorgeous in the pan, but barely noticable on. It looked pretty brushed over my eyes with a blush brush in a loose kind of way with only lipgloss and groomed eyebrows. The glitter seemed kind of too chunky too. meh. I was suprised to find that Sephora makes a rather pretty substite with their shimmery all over color powders. I found a gorgeous peach with tiny gold shimmer that works much better at 1/3 the price. w00t!!