Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

on 8/9/2018 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this powder. It does everything a powder does except it doesnt look cakey. It’s almost invisible. It’s expensive but it will last you years. Highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have fallen in love with this powder. I have oily-normal skin and it really helps the oily t-zone stay nice and matte all day. I have also discovered "baking" and this works great for that purpose, as its quite silky and sheer and doesn't turn my face white, thanks to the translucency it is celebrated for. After blending everything with my beauty blender, I whisk this on with a large powder brush and voila, a flawless, youthful complexion. With this my face feels soft and silky and does't settle in my creases. This famed powder delivers on all its promises and I will happily re-purchase.

I keep repurchasing this product even though it is not my favorite. I have combo/oily skin. The finish is beautiful initially, but I am oily after an hour. I have tried many different foundation/application methods and have the same results. The packaging is okay, it can be a little messy dispensing product. Overall, it is a meh product to me.

Have never wrote a make up review before, however this is he first product I have had to speak about! I bought this last week, after months of should I shan’t I. I am so happy I bought this product! It is my holy grail and I would never ever be without it! I have dry skin and it sits amazingly and doesn’t cake! I thought it was a bit pricey but after trying the product it is well worth it and I will be buying again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This powder is very popular, and I think it would look very nice if I had normal or oily skin, but it just does not work for me. I have tried it twice over the years, and the most recent experience left me with very irritated eyes after I used it to set my under eyes and breakouts on my chin when I went over foundation. I looked at the ingredients, and I am not exactly sure what would've caused my eyes to itch, but I think the breakouts were probably courtesy of the soybean oil. My quest for the perfect setting powder continues on, I guess.

on 11/12/2017 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Having heard all the rave reviews about this powder for the last year I finally gave in and got a jar. I had been using the NYX translucent powder which worked fine for me. I honestly couldn't understand all the hype about it, I mean how different could a face powder actually be but yet I was curious. I spritzed a bit of Mac Fix+ afterwards. I was literally surprised at the end of my application. I actually noticed my face had a very subtle glow to it. Not something that anyone would think "what's on her face", but it just gave me a lovely brightness. That said, it's pricy and it does have talc, parabens and some other ingredients which may promote breakouts. Because of that I took away one lippy. But overall I love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Pros: Blurs out uneven skin texture nicely. Mattes and sets foundation.

Cons: Does not hold oil at bay for long. Despite putting this on, my foundations would still get oily 3 or 4 hours in. After my skin gets oily all the initial blurring/matte effect this powder had are all gone.

(Also I can never bake with this powder without feeling extremely guilty because of how expensive this product is lol)

Overall: Initial application is absolutely beautiful but considering that it doesn't last long, I don't find that this powder is worth the high price.

This powder was just okay for me. I wish it kept my face from getting oily so quick. The packaging is beautiful I must say, but don't think the price tag should be what it is. For my full review head over to my blog beautybyprincessmaitland@gmail.com

on 10/6/2017 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this translucent loose powder. It does not add cakey feel to the overall make up and has high staying power. I usually like to put some on my eyebrow prior to drawing my eyebrow with eyebrow powder. It helps it to stay even when I am in gym with my makeup after work.

I'm definitely recommending this but it is very pricey in Singapore. Around SGD70 for this. Good to buy this during sales like Sephora when there is a 20% discount. ;)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference:

Nc30, warm and yellow

this product is so finely milled that it makes application look flawless. I love using this or the Laura Mercier secret brightening powder to set my under eye concealer. This product has a light yellow color that brightens your under eye in a subtle way. I'm not into the crazy under eye highlight and sometimes I do find the secret brightening powder a bit ashy. I also like to use this powder to do some light baking under my cheeks.

Definitely would repurchase.