Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

on 7/27/2015 9:19:00 PM

This product is freaking amazing! I don't write reviews often but I had to on this one. I'm 60 years young and always on the lookout for products that help improve the look of my complexion. I use IT CC cream as a foundation. I've used other powders, loose and pressed as a setting powder. Nothing compares to Laura Mercier. It's expensive but the jar is large and I don't think I'll use it up in my lifetime. You don't need much product. It blurs everything. My pores virtually disappear. I've tried many products in my life and not too many are holy grail status. This definitely is top on my list. I did buy the Laura Mercier puff to go with this. I blot it on after my foundation and before my blush. Perfection!

on 2/28/2014 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's a nice setting powder in that it has a good texture, is translucent, and is decent at oil control. But there are many other powders, loose and pressed, for much cheaper (neutrogena oil control, nyx hd setting powder, coty airspun) that perform the same as LM. There are other high end powders for the same price that perform much better (mufe hd loose and pressed, tarte smooth operator powder, nars lrp, MAC blot, UD deslick), so I wouldn't buy the LM again. Not bad at all but certainly not worth the price.

I have yet to find a loose powder I like more than this... and trust me, I have been searching! The biggest downside of this product is the COST, every fleck of powder that falls off my face while I am applying legitimately pains me. But this powder is perfect for setting makeup, baking the face, and brightening. It is so silky soft and I love how it doesn’t look drying on my skin. Definitely a holy grail powder.

The best setting powder for combination skin. I highly recommend this. Never goes on cakey and it blurs skin to look like perfection. Very long-lasting. Does not emphasize pores or dry patches.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Heed my warning readers, or else you will suffer as I once did...

Be careful when you use this. If you have dry skin stay away. If you are on acne medication, stay. Away. Stay far away. Like, run in the opposite direction when you see this on the display at Sephora, that's how much I mean stay away. It'll make you look so weird and dry.

Also, if you use a high coverage foundation that promises to last all day, stay away unless your face is crazy oily.

For baking purposes, I would say that this is a little too drying for that to be honest, unless you use a light layer and use a damp beauty blender to press it into the skin. For prolonging foundation longevity, it works well to give you a few more hours in my experience.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this powder (thankfully in the travel size) about a week ago. At first, I loved the application, it made my skin so matte and flawless looking. But, after even an hour of wear, I began noticing insane amounts of blotching, making my skin look reptile like. I even have oily skin, and it still somehow made my skin look dry, even after exfoliating.
The most disapointing part would be the cystic acne that formed on my face, eapecially on my cheeks. Since the fall, ive been getting my skin significantly cleared up using Obagi products, and it looked flawless before I tried this powder. Now Im broken out again. Ive stopped using it so hopefully my skin will be back to the way it was soon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Ok so I have only used this product once but I'm am completely sold already! I took engagement photos today and had been on the hunt for the perfect setting powder that not only made my skin look flawless and control oil but also did not leave a white cast when using a camera flash... I also liked that this powder had a slight yellow tint as opposed to a very white or pinkish powder.. That works perfect with my warm undertones. Don't get me wrong it is very translucent but when dealing with flash photography you want to be sure your setting powder does not work against you. This lead to a very flawless finish that totally tops the bare minerals mineral veil that I previously used which has a slight pinkish tint. It works well but this one is much better in terms of the color and leaving a smoother, more air brushed matte finish. I am NC45

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I absolutely love this powder! I have been using this steady for a week now and I adore it so much! After using the Makeupforever Hd powder for a few times and being very disappointed in the powder and the white cast that occurred in my pictures I gave up on the idea of translucent powder. Then I read reviews about this one and decided to give this a go. I have in the past tried bobbi browns yellow loose powder but didn't like that one that much either. So I went in my local sephora and found this, grabbed the last one (which lets me know this is popular) and bought it for $34 bucks. Tried this the next day after my foundation and fell in love! It glides over the skin so smoothly and blends like a dream! The powder is very finely milled and has a tint of yellow/brown to it that isn't very striking like white loose powders. I noticed this gave me almost a glow to my skin and didn't have any white cast in my photographs! It also is great at controlling my oil during the day and it is a great touch up powder as it won't leave your face cakey like other powders will. There is tons of product in it that I'm sure will last me forever! I would definitely recommend this to everyone!!

on 5/14/2007 12:30:00 PM

This is my HG powder. For years I've looked for a finishing/setting powder for my oily/combo skin, and couldn't find anything that didn't change color, clump, and/or make my face look pasty/too made up/too dry. If it looked nice, it didn't control oil. I finally had my makeup done by one of the SA at LM, and she finished with the powder and used the puff, which she insisted made all the difference. I was skeptical--but she was right. The powder is perfectly translucent, feels like silk, and sets my makeup all day with no touchups in all but the the most hot and humid conditions ( and even then does a really fine job-- I just have to touch it up and there is NO caking whatsoever). I can apply it duing the day if I think I'm getting too shiny if it's hot and sticky outside or if I'm sweating a lot and it's amazing because it JUST WILL NOT CAKE. After I apply it disappears into my skin quickly and my face looks flawless, smooth and glowy, not pasty. I have good skin but even when I have an occasional breakout and use concealer, I pat a little of this over my concealer and it sets it all day without caking. I found out how great this stuff really is last year when I was in Rome and my purse/carry-on was stolen as we were checking out to come home. Since my passport and airline ticket were taken along with all of my other personal documents, we had to stay in Rome for 3 extra days. My makeup bag was also stolen, and I had to buy substitues while I was there. I couldn't find this powder, so I bought Clinique loose oil free powder in one of the Transparancies (I can't remember which one) along with a generic puff, and used it in Rome and at home. It was horrible-- unlike the LM, it caked like crazy and turned orange in the heat and humidity of Rome, and it felt heavy and gross, unlike the LM, and it did the same thing back home. I immediately bought another container of the LM AND the puff AND the tiny travel size AND the little square travel size puffs (FYI--the travel size puffs fit in the regular size jar). LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I would buy this over and over, above any other powder. It's worth the price. This makes my makeup look amazing and flawless all day, even when I've been sweating!! I use a dry beauty blender to push this into my skin. And, my skin looks like silk up close and feels so soft. I highly recommend this to any skin type, but if you have flakes I would exfoliate before hand. Definitely worth the price tag to have flawless makeup all day.