Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

4.1

on 5/26/2008 11:13:00 AM

The best powder I have ever used! Yes it is a little inconvenient b/c it is loose and not pressed but the mess is worth it. I only peel off half of the sticker so it's not so bad. Anyway, I use this with the puff and press the powder into my skin. It sits really nice on my skin and doesn't show up at all. It leaves my skin smooth and not shiny, and doesn't affect the color of my makeup at all. Also, I have seen this powder used on all skin tones from super pale to dark chocolate and it looks great on everyone.

on 3/21/2008 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Beautiful finishing powder. So finally milled, it blends wonderfully with my fair complexion. Great product and a jar lasts forever.

on 3/14/2008 8:28:00 PM

Not much to say that jiney17 hasn't said... she summed it up nicely. This is my new favorite powder.

I've switched to powder mineral foundation and really like it, but noticed that it a) doesn't last as long as I'd hoped and b) could go on a little more smoothly, even when I use my beloved MAC 187 brush. Not wanting to shell out extra $$$ for "setting powder," I remembered the jar of LM translucent powder I'd bought for my wedding last summer and decided to give it a try.

This powder not only evened out my foundation (or at least looks like it does), but it gave me a nice, matte, polished look and kept my skin from turning into an oil slick. It gives me a finished look that I didn't get with mineral makeup alone or with other powders (I'd tried MAC, Clinique and a handful of others). Even though I'm super pale, it goes beautifully with my skin tone without making me look washed out.

This is one I'll repurchase when I run out. They don't give it away at $34, but a jar will last about me at least 6 months.

on 2/28/2008 12:23:00 PM

i have never been a powder lady but as I hit my prime (late thirties, ahem) I realised that there is something about powder properly applied that really finishes off a look. I remembered I had a pot of the small LM loose powder from ages ago and started experimenting with the velour pad it comes with. I liked the look of it in my mirror so had a closer look in daylight. Impressed with this. I agree with another reviewer that it even sets undereye concealer well, but totally naturally without that old lady fluffy faced look. Now I cannot be without this. I bought the full sized one today and I love it. I can't believe that I have been missing this make up trick for the last ten years. I look so much better and any open pores on the forehead are completely minimised. I must say I prefer this under the eye to the Secret Brightening Powder I think. The SA at LM in Birmingham said it didn't really matter which one you used it was up to preference

on 2/26/2008 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I do not use much powder and this is the first loose powder I bought so bear with me...
I generally like the idea of a shade that works for everyone and can be used to mattify, set makeup, prep for shadow/blush. This product is very versatile indeed.
I find it quite hard to apply since a lot of product will get onto my brush and the first times I wandered around looking all "goth" having piled too much on. You have to be very careful when applying and get a brush that will allow for sweeping off excess product. The powder is very finely milled and can end up chalky sometimes (ie when you apply too much!).
Quality is good, does not cause me to break out or anything.
I'm thinking they should make this in 3 shades rather than one to make it more natural looking. Also the packaging isn't that great, I wish there a lid to close totally when travelling as a lot of product will end up in the cap (and spill out when opened!).
When I have had the opportunity to try out other brands maybe I'll be better at rewieving thistype of product and until then, will not re-purchase (only reason being i have only ever tried this!).

on 2/13/2008 10:13:00 PM

This is the BEST setting powder I have ever used. Concealer stays put perfectly all day (never happened before this setting powder), and the powder doesn't crease or cake on fine line or dry spots. The powder is also odorless and works for a very broad spectrum of skin tones. I won't even be looking at other setting powders anymore.

My HG! This is great when you use the LM puff. This keeps my make up looking nice all day, definately the best i've tried so far and i would highly recommend. Expensive but you can always try ebay :)

on 12/17/2007 7:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I probably would buy this again, unless I could find something that performed as well for less money. This thing is too expensive!!
However, I LOVE the way it makes my skin feel. It is absolutely silky to the touch. Running your fingertips over your skin aftwards, and you will notice. It is very matte, but that's what I was going for. It can get chalky, but only if you apply it with a heavy hand. I use it to set my cream makeup.

Wow! I am new at using Laura Mercier and I am just so impressed. This powder is great so far. So light in texture, like nothing I have tried before and really disappears on my skin, no cakey dry powder look. No color at all, just nice light coverage. Love it! Although it is quite expensive, I definitely will buy with primer and tinted moisturizer again.

on 11/28/2007 6:23:00 AM

A great setting powder, gives a nice soft focus to my complexion. Not so good for oil control though. I find that it sets my Kanebo powder foundation better than my liquid or semiliquid foundations.