Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

4.1

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 12/17/2007 7:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I probably would buy this again, unless I could find something that performed as well for less money. This thing is too expensive!!
However, I LOVE the way it makes my skin feel. It is absolutely silky to the touch. Running your fingertips over your skin aftwards, and you will notice. It is very matte, but that's what I was going for. It can get chalky, but only if you apply it with a heavy hand. I use it to set my cream makeup.

Wow! I am new at using Laura Mercier and I am just so impressed. This powder is great so far. So light in texture, like nothing I have tried before and really disappears on my skin, no cakey dry powder look. No color at all, just nice light coverage. Love it! Although it is quite expensive, I definitely will buy with primer and tinted moisturizer again.

on 11/28/2007 6:23:00 AM

A great setting powder, gives a nice soft focus to my complexion. Not so good for oil control though. I find that it sets my Kanebo powder foundation better than my liquid or semiliquid foundations.

on 11/27/2007 12:21:00 PM

I love this power: I am so impressed that this, over whatever foundation I wear, sets it beautifully and looks so smooth. This is so great, almost didn't buy it: even over just the tinted moisturizer it is enough for me to walk out the door: quite a statement for a 50-something with rosacea.

I have really loved that this translucent powder works so well for my fair skin. I started with the pressed powder and I went through it much to fast. THe loose powder is great--especially when applied with a powder puff as the LM sales people suggest. I didn't buy their puff because per reviews here I knew it didn't fit inside the container. I use a set you can buy at Ulta-it comes in a two pack.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a record-breaking product! I had never, ever, repurchased a loose powder, since I'd never gone through an entire can (are they cans? canisters? bottles? whatever.) before.

But alas, I not only used up all of my Laura Mercier translucent powder, but I also repurchased it! This is very finely milled and although appears to be a pasty, scary white at first, it blends beautifully and gives my skin a "finished" look. I usually wear Clinique's City Block under it for minimal coverage (and sunscreen) and with this on top, my skin looks fabulous! Even my husband (who is not known for noticing anything along those lines) said that my skin looked fantastic with this stuff on.

I love this! I'm tempted to buy more LM foundation-y stuff, but for now, I'm satisfied with the translucent powder. It's pricey, but worth it.

Oh, and I have the puff too, but found that my MAC stippling brush does just fine with this. The puff is collecting dust on my dresser.

on 8/12/2007 1:10:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product because I am a slave to the LM tinted moisturizer and secret camouflage concealer, but I must say that this powder has not held up well in the summer. I don't have oily skin (only my nose and chin get oily), but this stuff really does not last well in the heat and I constantly have to touch it up. Also, it clings to any dry skin you have - so if you're trying different acne treatments and your skins gets flaky, I wouldn't recommend it. It IS the first powder I've found that actually matches my skin tone (I'm a ghost!!) and doesn't turn orange, but when you apply it with the puff like they recommend, it wipes off my concealer! If you want to keep your concealer intact, you need to apply this lightly with a brush and maybe a bit with your finger. Even then it seems like I have to reapply it to all my zits after an hour. Overall, it gives pretty good coverage and "glow," but I am so sick of having to go to the bathroom constantly to touch up my makeup! Don't buy it if you want something that lasts all day! I'm going to try NARS next.

on 7/28/2007 10:28:00 AM

It is greatly fragrance free and the packaging is great and practical. My skin is normal to dry and I am 26 so I am starting to get older. I do not like how it takes my glow away. I have used Cliniques gentle light loose powder and I honestly love it better. This has an amazing silky texture and it makes my skin so matte. I would have loved the finish this gives a couple of years back but now something has changed with my personal taste, I quess. I do not really care if I get shiny, because oilyness is not a major problem for me. And when I use my color makeup on top of this it looks so darn fake. I guess this powder washes me out.

on 5/24/2007 11:56:00 PM

Great powder! It perfectly finishes my makeup. I use this with the tinted moisturizer for a sheer, natural look.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Another slam-dunk for Laura Mercier products. I have found another HG. Sets my foundation and keeps it looking fresh all day.

I love it!

This brand will run me to the poorhouse eventually, but I'll look good along the way. :)