Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

4.1

on 2/28/2008 12:23:00 PM

i have never been a powder lady but as I hit my prime (late thirties, ahem) I realised that there is something about powder properly applied that really finishes off a look. I remembered I had a pot of the small LM loose powder from ages ago and started experimenting with the velour pad it comes with. I liked the look of it in my mirror so had a closer look in daylight. Impressed with this. I agree with another reviewer that it even sets undereye concealer well, but totally naturally without that old lady fluffy faced look. Now I cannot be without this. I bought the full sized one today and I love it. I can't believe that I have been missing this make up trick for the last ten years. I look so much better and any open pores on the forehead are completely minimised. I must say I prefer this under the eye to the Secret Brightening Powder I think. The SA at LM in Birmingham said it didn't really matter which one you used it was up to preference

on 2/26/2008 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I do not use much powder and this is the first loose powder I bought so bear with me...
I generally like the idea of a shade that works for everyone and can be used to mattify, set makeup, prep for shadow/blush. This product is very versatile indeed.
I find it quite hard to apply since a lot of product will get onto my brush and the first times I wandered around looking all "goth" having piled too much on. You have to be very careful when applying and get a brush that will allow for sweeping off excess product. The powder is very finely milled and can end up chalky sometimes (ie when you apply too much!).
Quality is good, does not cause me to break out or anything.
I'm thinking they should make this in 3 shades rather than one to make it more natural looking. Also the packaging isn't that great, I wish there a lid to close totally when travelling as a lot of product will end up in the cap (and spill out when opened!).
When I have had the opportunity to try out other brands maybe I'll be better at rewieving thistype of product and until then, will not re-purchase (only reason being i have only ever tried this!).

on 2/13/2008 10:13:00 PM

This is the BEST setting powder I have ever used. Concealer stays put perfectly all day (never happened before this setting powder), and the powder doesn't crease or cake on fine line or dry spots. The powder is also odorless and works for a very broad spectrum of skin tones. I won't even be looking at other setting powders anymore.

My HG! This is great when you use the LM puff. This keeps my make up looking nice all day, definately the best i've tried so far and i would highly recommend. Expensive but you can always try ebay :)

on 12/17/2007 7:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I probably would buy this again, unless I could find something that performed as well for less money. This thing is too expensive!!
However, I LOVE the way it makes my skin feel. It is absolutely silky to the touch. Running your fingertips over your skin aftwards, and you will notice. It is very matte, but that's what I was going for. It can get chalky, but only if you apply it with a heavy hand. I use it to set my cream makeup.

Wow! I am new at using Laura Mercier and I am just so impressed. This powder is great so far. So light in texture, like nothing I have tried before and really disappears on my skin, no cakey dry powder look. No color at all, just nice light coverage. Love it! Although it is quite expensive, I definitely will buy with primer and tinted moisturizer again.

on 11/28/2007 6:23:00 AM

A great setting powder, gives a nice soft focus to my complexion. Not so good for oil control though. I find that it sets my Kanebo powder foundation better than my liquid or semiliquid foundations.

on 11/27/2007 12:21:00 PM

I love this power: I am so impressed that this, over whatever foundation I wear, sets it beautifully and looks so smooth. This is so great, almost didn't buy it: even over just the tinted moisturizer it is enough for me to walk out the door: quite a statement for a 50-something with rosacea.

I have really loved that this translucent powder works so well for my fair skin. I started with the pressed powder and I went through it much to fast. THe loose powder is great--especially when applied with a powder puff as the LM sales people suggest. I didn't buy their puff because per reviews here I knew it didn't fit inside the container. I use a set you can buy at Ulta-it comes in a two pack.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a record-breaking product! I had never, ever, repurchased a loose powder, since I'd never gone through an entire can (are they cans? canisters? bottles? whatever.) before.

But alas, I not only used up all of my Laura Mercier translucent powder, but I also repurchased it! This is very finely milled and although appears to be a pasty, scary white at first, it blends beautifully and gives my skin a "finished" look. I usually wear Clinique's City Block under it for minimal coverage (and sunscreen) and with this on top, my skin looks fabulous! Even my husband (who is not known for noticing anything along those lines) said that my skin looked fantastic with this stuff on.

I love this! I'm tempted to buy more LM foundation-y stuff, but for now, I'm satisfied with the translucent powder. It's pricey, but worth it.

Oh, and I have the puff too, but found that my MAC stippling brush does just fine with this. The puff is collecting dust on my dresser.