Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

4.1

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

This is a great face powder. I've used Bare Minerals Mineral Veil in translucent in the past which I didn't really feel was that effective at keeping oiliness at bay / setting foundation. It's also really expensive compared with the LM face powder as a 6g pot of BMMV would set me back about £18 from House of Fraser whereas the LM face powder was about £29 from SpaceNK for 29g. This is also a far superior powder in pretty much every sense. It has really long-lasting durability and is much less messy to apply than the BMMV. I really like the pot too as unlike the BMMV pot which has a locking sifter which rather unhelpfully used to trap a lot of excess powder resulting in costly wastage, the LM pot has an open sifter instead (as shown in the picture). The powder is also a bit denser than the BMMV meaning that it doesn't fall out of the sift holes easily when you travel with it.

All in all I was really impressed with this powder because it does everything its supposed to. It leaves a really nice finish, especially when used to set liquid foundation. I think it also does a great job at toning down foundation if you've applied a little too much as well on days when you can't be bothered to start over or faff about. It's great at keeping oiliness under control and if used frequently throughout the day, it doesn't leave you with a powdery, chalky build up either. I also quite like the smell of this product too.

Pros:
- Keeps oiliness at bay all / most of the day
- Leaves a great matte finish
- Good price and packaging + good amount of product
- Easy to use, very smooth and soft
- Nice smell

Cons:
- Contains talc and some other parabens

The bottom line is that this product is really good at achieving what it's supposed to, but I am deducting a star because I would prefer this product if it was talc and paraben free.

I would repurchase.

Ingredients:
(Translucent): Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl,
Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl
77499).

I used this for the first time yesterday due to the fact that I'm out of my HG powder which is Maybelline's Dream Matte powder. I live in a really small town and the closest place to buy it is about a 30 minute drive from here and it's really out of the way. I ordered it in bulk and now I am just waiting it to arrive in the mail. I asked my mom if she had a powder I could use in the mean time and she gave me this out of the stuff she really doesn't use. I was kind of skeptical at first because I have really oily, dry, and acne-prone skin. I was worried it would make me really oily unlike Dream Matte which totally shuts down my oil production for the day which I LOVE. I have very pale skin so it's hard to find a powder that actually doesn't make my face look darker than my body but this was PERFECT. I loved it as soon as I put it on! My face felt so soft and it really set my foundation and made my face matte without looking cakey. I didn't get very oily through the day/night but everyone gets a little oily during the day. I actually noticed this made my eye makeup look a TON better too! It also made my eyeshadow crease less, how surprising! I really like this stuff! I will repurchase if I can! <3

This is the best powder I've found out on the market thus far. So finely milled and translucent is true. I personally use this... and when using it for work, I can count on it for any skin tone! AMEN TRANSLUCENT!

A little on the pricey side but a beautiful fine powder which gives a flawless finish to my skin. Totally undetectable (even on my 'peach fuzz') Recommended!

on 10/18/2012 2:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of my personal favorites from LM so far. A makeup artist I know told me to take a fan brush, swirl it around in just a tiny bit of of the setting powder and lightly sweep it over my cheeks, nose, forehead, etc. A little goes a long way! And while I'm still trying to decide if I like my creme foundation or return it for the tinted moisturizer,this product is a keeper! And I know it will last a very long time.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So easy to get a natural result with this powder. Classic loose powder packaging - jar with screw top, dispensing plastic lid underneath. I have used this several months on a regular basis (at least a few times a week) and it still looks like it is completely full - you get a lot of mileage out of this one...

This powder does leave a beautiful finsh. Unfortunately it did not stay that way regardless the foundation/primer/concealer combo under.

on 1/16/2012 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I received this as a sample gift when I bought another product. It's quite surprising: I can use it with no problems. I have rather dryish skin now, or at least in parts. At my age some people are quite dry, but I have a somewhat oily T-zone and can still stand a bit of powder but don't like to emphasizes any fine lines. This works a treat: I pat it on after shaking some powder out of the little can, and then rub my hands together, This disperses the powder and blends it in better when I apply it to my nose and forehead. No globs, streaks, or cakiness this way. You only need a touch to set your foundation, and it goes right in immediately. A puff or brush tends to apply too much. Rub it into the skin lightly, and you're all finished! The only downside is the price-a bit on the expensive side, but then I guess quality is worth it.

on 1/11/2012 3:25:00 PM

I wanted to try a loose powder for a while so decided to get this one. I like that it's translucent, all LM concealers, foundations etc are too dark for my skin. The packaging may not be the handiest, you have to get a little in the lid etc etc. However, it ends up looking quite powdery and not as natural and dewy as I would like it to. I don't have very oily skin though, so maybe this would work for people with oilier skin.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this and use it to set my makeup whenever I'm wearing something like chanel pro lumiere or want to have a matte appearance. I love that it's translucent because I'm very fair and most powders are too dark for me and deposit a lot of colour on my skin. This powder is very sheer which is great because it doesn't give you any 'extra' coverage but still sets your foundation beautifully. It can look a little chalky at times and the dispenser is a pain to use, but it's definitely the best loose powder I've tried.