Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

4.1

on 7/3/2015 8:59:00 PM

Out of all the powders I own, this one most definitely has the most longevity. When I apply this at 8 am in the morning, I can always count on this powder staying intact on my face throughout the day (even on my very oily T-Zone). You need the tiniest bit of this powder or else it can look quite cakey but since a little goes a very long way the price is most definitely justified and I can see this powder lasting at least a few years! Could not recommend this powder enough, especially for those who like an airbrushed, full finish foundation.

on 1/11/2015 12:27:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this setting powder, both for its natural finish and its oil controlling abilities. It has more of a satin finish than a truly matte one, so it looks like skin. As long as I don't overdo it with the powder, I don't get flashback in pictures. It's very finely milled, but may seem a bit "thicker" than other silica based HD powders that are popular right now. Don't be fooled, this powder is equally as invisible on the skin, and even better at oil control in my experience. I've had success using it under foundation, over foundation, to set undereye concealer, as a base over eye primer, to mattify lipsticks, and even just applying it on my bare face to take down a bit of my shine on no-makeup days. My skin is dehydrated, which means it's dry and often flaky on the surface, but I still have a ton of oil. This keeps my shine at bay all day, with minimal touch ups.

The pot is huge, and even with near daily use I have barely made a dent in it over the past year. A little truly does go a long way. I find that the sifter holes are the perfect size for easily dispensing the right amount of product without a ton of it flying out and being wasted. If you want a satin skin-like finish (not too matte, but definitely not dewy) that LASTS, look no further.

on 6/9/2014 1:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Worth every penny in my view! This is the only powder that does not settle and create tell tell fine lines!! It does not look white or chalky on the face either because it contains light reflecting ingredients which creates a natural look. Definitely would not be without this product and always buy one in advance just in case I run out!

Caused Break Outs:( Can't use this, sad because it's a fantastic color, dewy and melted finished not matte. Got shiny an hour later. I have this a good go, but realized it was causing me lil pimples under my eyes and upper cheeks, bad. Contains corn starch.

Sorry guys, this caused nasty breakouts for me. I tried over and over again hoping it was hormonal or another product. But today I stopped using it, and my skin is clearing up already and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. Almost like it suffocated my skin, also it contains pore clogging ingredients, including cornstarch, can't imagine skin would like that. Soo if this doesn't make your skin get lil bumps on your cheeks, upper cheek under your eyes, then it's awesome, but I wouldn't know how this doesn't clog people's skin up. If your sensitive at all...I would STAY AWAY!!!!! Color is great though, finely miled, looked dewy and melted in skin, not matte.

on 3/27/2014 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Price: 3 (there's a lot in there)
Packaging: 2
Buy again: no

This is an okay powder. I have slightly dry skin so I have to make sure to moisturize well or else it brings out flakes on my nose. I'm nc15-20 and I wish the powder appeared slightly more translucent as it manages to cover most of my freckles in one pass. While the finish is matte/dusty even with a thin layer when first applied (not a fan), I think it actually looks really lovely a few hours in after it's mixed with my natural oils (I feel like I need to reapply after 5 hours); at this point my skin looks even, fresh and dewy. However I'm not sure I'd buy it again just for that.
On the packaging: there are loose powder containers that make much less mess than this-- the holes are too large and too many, causing an avalanche of powder to collect in the lid so that I must shake it slightly before opening to ensure the drift has moved away from the lip of the tub. I can't imagine taking this bulky tub out with me and trying to reapply a public bathroom.

on 2/28/2014 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's a nice setting powder in that it has a good texture, is translucent, and is decent at oil control. But there are many other powders, loose and pressed, for much cheaper (neutrogena oil control, nyx hd setting powder, coty airspun) that perform the same as LM. There are other high end powders for the same price that perform much better (mufe hd loose and pressed, tarte smooth operator powder, nars lrp, MAC blot, UD deslick), so I wouldn't buy the LM again. Not bad at all but certainly not worth the price.

This is a great face powder. I've used Bare Minerals Mineral Veil in translucent in the past which I didn't really feel was that effective at keeping oiliness at bay / setting foundation. It's also really expensive compared with the LM face powder as a 6g pot of BMMV would set me back about £18 from House of Fraser whereas the LM face powder was about £29 from SpaceNK for 29g. This is also a far superior powder in pretty much every sense. It has really long-lasting durability and is much less messy to apply than the BMMV. I really like the pot too as unlike the BMMV pot which has a locking sifter which rather unhelpfully used to trap a lot of excess powder resulting in costly wastage, the LM pot has an open sifter instead (as shown in the picture). The powder is also a bit denser than the BMMV meaning that it doesn't fall out of the sift holes easily when you travel with it.

All in all I was really impressed with this powder because it does everything its supposed to. It leaves a really nice finish, especially when used to set liquid foundation. I think it also does a great job at toning down foundation if you've applied a little too much as well on days when you can't be bothered to start over or faff about. It's great at keeping oiliness under control and if used frequently throughout the day, it doesn't leave you with a powdery, chalky build up either. I also quite like the smell of this product too.

Pros:
- Keeps oiliness at bay all / most of the day
- Leaves a great matte finish
- Good price and packaging + good amount of product
- Easy to use, very smooth and soft
- Nice smell

Cons:
- Contains talc and some other parabens

The bottom line is that this product is really good at achieving what it's supposed to, but I am deducting a star because I would prefer this product if it was talc and paraben free.

I would repurchase.

Ingredients:
(Translucent): Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl,
Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate,
Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl
77499).

I used this for the first time yesterday due to the fact that I'm out of my HG powder which is Maybelline's Dream Matte powder. I live in a really small town and the closest place to buy it is about a 30 minute drive from here and it's really out of the way. I ordered it in bulk and now I am just waiting it to arrive in the mail. I asked my mom if she had a powder I could use in the mean time and she gave me this out of the stuff she really doesn't use. I was kind of skeptical at first because I have really oily, dry, and acne-prone skin. I was worried it would make me really oily unlike Dream Matte which totally shuts down my oil production for the day which I LOVE. I have very pale skin so it's hard to find a powder that actually doesn't make my face look darker than my body but this was PERFECT. I loved it as soon as I put it on! My face felt so soft and it really set my foundation and made my face matte without looking cakey. I didn't get very oily through the day/night but everyone gets a little oily during the day. I actually noticed this made my eye makeup look a TON better too! It also made my eyeshadow crease less, how surprising! I really like this stuff! I will repurchase if I can! <3

This is the best powder I've found out on the market thus far. So finely milled and translucent is true. I personally use this... and when using it for work, I can count on it for any skin tone! AMEN TRANSLUCENT!