Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

4.1

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 11/29/2015 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I absolutely love this powder! I was a fan of the Mac msf for years, but always found that powder would look cakey and almost orange on me (despite getting the palest shade). I decided to try a translucent powder and heard good reviews about this one and this is now my holy grail powder!! It doesn't make me look orange, it isn't cakey, it doesn't settle in fine lines, it helps my makeup to set and you can 'bake' with this to help your contour stand out. It's only downfall is the price tag, but you do get a lot of product which should last a long time as you really don't need to use much. It can also be messy but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. I would definitely recommend this to everyone!

on 11/25/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really wanted to love this. I have combination/oily skin and it didn't mattify my skin as well as I would have liked. It creates a nice, natural finish on my skin but within one or two hours, my face becomes very shiny and greasy to the touch. I wouldn't purchase this again, especially for the price. I have some drugstore powders that last longer then this.

EDIT: Reducing this to 2 stars. I hate this powder. I don't understand why it's so highly recommended. This powder just sits on top of my skin and it makes my face so greasy. It looks mattified for literally 2 seconds and then when I touch my face it is greasy and gross. Not repurchasing.

on 7/27/2015 9:19:00 PM

This product is freaking amazing! I don't write reviews often but I had to on this one. I'm 60 years young and always on the lookout for products that help improve the look of my complexion. I use IT CC cream as a foundation. I've used other powders, loose and pressed as a setting powder. Nothing compares to Laura Mercier. It's expensive but the jar is large and I don't think I'll use it up in my lifetime. You don't need much product. It blurs everything. My pores virtually disappear. I've tried many products in my life and not too many are holy grail status. This definitely is top on my list. I did buy the Laura Mercier puff to go with this. I blot it on after my foundation and before my blush. Perfection!

on 7/3/2015 8:59:00 PM

Out of all the powders I own, this one most definitely has the most longevity. When I apply this at 8 am in the morning, I can always count on this powder staying intact on my face throughout the day (even on my very oily T-Zone). You need the tiniest bit of this powder or else it can look quite cakey but since a little goes a very long way the price is most definitely justified and I can see this powder lasting at least a few years! Could not recommend this powder enough, especially for those who like an airbrushed, full finish foundation.

on 1/11/2015 12:27:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this setting powder, both for its natural finish and its oil controlling abilities. It has more of a satin finish than a truly matte one, so it looks like skin. As long as I don't overdo it with the powder, I don't get flashback in pictures. It's very finely milled, but may seem a bit "thicker" than other silica based HD powders that are popular right now. Don't be fooled, this powder is equally as invisible on the skin, and even better at oil control in my experience. I've had success using it under foundation, over foundation, to set undereye concealer, as a base over eye primer, to mattify lipsticks, and even just applying it on my bare face to take down a bit of my shine on no-makeup days. My skin is dehydrated, which means it's dry and often flaky on the surface, but I still have a ton of oil. This keeps my shine at bay all day, with minimal touch ups.

The pot is huge, and even with near daily use I have barely made a dent in it over the past year. A little truly does go a long way. I find that the sifter holes are the perfect size for easily dispensing the right amount of product without a ton of it flying out and being wasted. If you want a satin skin-like finish (not too matte, but definitely not dewy) that LASTS, look no further.

on 6/9/2014 1:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Worth every penny in my view! This is the only powder that does not settle and create tell tell fine lines!! It does not look white or chalky on the face either because it contains light reflecting ingredients which creates a natural look. Definitely would not be without this product and always buy one in advance just in case I run out!

Caused Break Outs:( Can't use this, sad because it's a fantastic color, dewy and melted finished not matte. Got shiny an hour later. I have this a good go, but realized it was causing me lil pimples under my eyes and upper cheeks, bad. Contains corn starch.

Sorry guys, this caused nasty breakouts for me. I tried over and over again hoping it was hormonal or another product. But today I stopped using it, and my skin is clearing up already and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. Almost like it suffocated my skin, also it contains pore clogging ingredients, including cornstarch, can't imagine skin would like that. Soo if this doesn't make your skin get lil bumps on your cheeks, upper cheek under your eyes, then it's awesome, but I wouldn't know how this doesn't clog people's skin up. If your sensitive at all...I would STAY AWAY!!!!! Color is great though, finely miled, looked dewy and melted in skin, not matte.

on 3/27/2014 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Price: 3 (there's a lot in there)
Packaging: 2
Buy again: no

This is an okay powder. I have slightly dry skin so I have to make sure to moisturize well or else it brings out flakes on my nose. I'm nc15-20 and I wish the powder appeared slightly more translucent as it manages to cover most of my freckles in one pass. While the finish is matte/dusty even with a thin layer when first applied (not a fan), I think it actually looks really lovely a few hours in after it's mixed with my natural oils (I feel like I need to reapply after 5 hours); at this point my skin looks even, fresh and dewy. However I'm not sure I'd buy it again just for that.
On the packaging: there are loose powder containers that make much less mess than this-- the holes are too large and too many, causing an avalanche of powder to collect in the lid so that I must shake it slightly before opening to ensure the drift has moved away from the lip of the tub. I can't imagine taking this bulky tub out with me and trying to reapply a public bathroom.

on 2/28/2014 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's a nice setting powder in that it has a good texture, is translucent, and is decent at oil control. But there are many other powders, loose and pressed, for much cheaper (neutrogena oil control, nyx hd setting powder, coty airspun) that perform the same as LM. There are other high end powders for the same price that perform much better (mufe hd loose and pressed, tarte smooth operator powder, nars lrp, MAC blot, UD deslick), so I wouldn't buy the LM again. Not bad at all but certainly not worth the price.