Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

4.1

on 8/8/2003 2:25:00 PM

This is probably THE most perfect loose powder I've ever tried. I did find, however, that in order to apply it perfectly, you need to know the proper application technique. Once you get that down, it's smooth sailing. I sometimes will lightly dust the Beige loose powder over this for more color - learned that from a LM ma.

on 7/18/2003 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i absolutely love this powder. it keeps my oilies away all day and keeps my makeup looking fresh. this is definately worth the money

on 6/20/2003 7:56:00 PM

I keep trying to find something less expensive, but so far nothing beats this. Smooth, beautiful finish.

on 5/30/2003 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

It was hard to believe that I *needed* a translucent powder, as the LM MA said. I was actually at the counter to try the TM, but then she explained this whole "face" system of theirs (primer, TM, t. powder). I declined buying anything and checked here for t. powder reviews. Decided to the the powder first instead of the TM!

It truly does make for a flawless finish with NO chalkiness. I am matte all day with no shinies popping up EVER (so far, and I'm here in serious humidity world, people). My skin is so silky to the touch that I think I have to end this review and caress my cheek...

on 3/31/2003 4:30:00 PM

I had hoped this would be better than my beloved Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil - they seem so similar. But it wasn't. I felt this LM powder was a little too light and too thick - it covered my skin too much and masked some of the natural color, plus felt cakey on though I tried to "sheer" it out. I just prefer BE more, though this LM had a heavenly silky feel.

on 3/26/2003 11:28:00 AM

If Becca is any better than this, I'll be stunned (waiting to try =))! This is hands down the best loose powder I've tried. For years I kept going back to purchase my standby Clinique because at least it was reliable coverage. Tried Shu Uemura, T. LeClerc, Sonia Kashuk, and many others, and none measured up to this. It very simply melts into your skin. Not only that, it grabs onto the brush, then grabs onto your skin--this is the first LP that I didn't end up with half of what was on the brush on the rest of my body! AMAZING. Coverage lasts all day, very natural looking. My HG, finally!

on 3/4/2003 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Although I agree with most of the reviewers on this product, I do think that the translucent is a little fair for my complexion. It works in the winter but I'm sure it will be too light in the summer. (I wear LM Oil Free Found in Blush Ivory, Mac Studio Fix in NC20) With that being said, the powder is awesome! It is very finely milled and applies evenly and flawlessly. It controls oil, which is important on my oily, acne prone skin. The container is great too! Le Clerc has a container that is difficult to use! I would highly recommend this to everyone! Update 12/27/06: I am still using this product after several years and have yet to find anything that compares to this powder. I find that the color adjusts after about 20 minutes after it's applied and matches my skin perfectly. Highly recommend this to everyone!

on 2/14/2003 10:06:00 PM

I find this powder to be a little above average. It does hold the oil and shine at bay all day and it glides on smoothly and is a pretty good texture. I'm not overly impressed but I would buy it again.

on 2/14/2003 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was hoping for a miracle when I bought this powder, but it didn't live up to the hype. It's just an average loose powder, IMHO.

on 1/6/2003 7:42:00 PM

This is awesome! I like this as much as BE mineral veil but you get a lot more product. BE is $20.00 and LM is $30.00 but the LM has a ton more product and will last a while. It is very finely milled ane feels like a light flour consistency. I is great on my winter skin that can be dry and is acne-prone. I will repurchase this powder in the future.