Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This powder looks sorta white and chalky in the container but once applied carefully it really does become translucent, so that your real skintone can shine through! love it.

on 2/16/2004 3:34:00 PM

LM transluscent powder is absolutely wonderful. I use this powder almost every day along with the Oil Free Foundation to help create a flawless face. I love when I use this powder it gives a soft appearance that I get asked,"are you wearing makeup or what is the foundation I use"; this jar should last at least a long time even with daily use. WHen I first got it thought how will an almost white powder with no color look and turns out to be what I was looking for days I do not want any color just my natural skin. I will definitely repurchase check ebay I believe I got it new for under $20 :c).

on 2/9/2004 4:25:00 PM

Oh my goodness -- almost didn't buy this because normally translucent means ghosty on me. LM's just sets my foundation and gives me more of a flawless complexion. So far this is my HG of loose powders!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I never knew about this until the SA rubbed lipstick on my hand then blotted the LM translucent powder over it to show me how well it sets. To my surprise, I actually had a hard time rubbing the lipstick off my hand w/o make remover! So I bought it and tried it on my face,"lightly shaking the excess off the brush and dusting it over my face"(as the SA told me. I was sold! I didn't notice how flawless my face looked until I got home and saw my skin in white light! This is the first translucent powder I've used that is actually not chalky and ashy looking! The secret is to really shake off the excess and dusting it really lightly over entire face. I had no idea it was supposed to control the oilies either until I read the MUA reviews and realized that I did blot alot less then usual! It has become my HG!

on 7/21/2003 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

After all the rave reviews on messageboards as well as in magazines, I had high hopes for this powder. Unfortunately, I was majorly disappointed. The translucent powder, no matter how lightly I applied it (and with either methods of brush or puff), still looked ashy on my skin (between a MAC NC35 and an NC40). Also, my oilies came out just a few hours later. Sadly, it just didn't work for me.

on 3/4/2003 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Although I agree with most of the reviewers on this product, I do think that the translucent is a little fair for my complexion. It works in the winter but I'm sure it will be too light in the summer. (I wear LM Oil Free Found in Blush Ivory, Mac Studio Fix in NC20) With that being said, the powder is awesome! It is very finely milled and applies evenly and flawlessly. It controls oil, which is important on my oily, acne prone skin. The container is great too! Le Clerc has a container that is difficult to use! I would highly recommend this to everyone! Update 12/27/06: I am still using this product after several years and have yet to find anything that compares to this powder. I find that the color adjusts after about 20 minutes after it's applied and matches my skin perfectly. Highly recommend this to everyone!

on 10/20/2001 8:39:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am probably one of the very few who do not like the LM Translucent Powder. While it IS finely milled (I'll give it that much), I didn't find it to be anything more than an average loose powder. In my opinion, there are lots of other powders out there that work just as well and cost a great deal less (like Sonia Kashuk's).