Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

4.1

I love this!! honestly, I don't remember paying 35 dollars for freakin loose powder, but I'm sure glad I did. I have had it forever and use it almost daily. It sets, absorbs oil, and doesn't change the color of my foundation. the packaging also makes it easy to not dump a whole bunch out, and the big lid is perfect for swirling your brush in.

on 9/23/2011 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So I like it, I have VERY oily skin, it makes my make up stay fresh for a long time, and looks very soft, HOWEVER the trick is to but the puff
that goes with it (12.00) that made me kind of mad, and only use a LITTLE on the puff and roll it on, the girl at the counter showed me,

on 5/8/2011 5:30:00 PM

this is a nice loose powder mostly because it's so finely milled that it does not leave that "powdery" look to your face. It softens the look a bit and takes away the shine, but I don't think I would purchase it again because of the price. I think there are some fairly good drugstore powders that behave the same for a fraction of the price.

I had this in the undercover pot and i had it for a long time before i realized how great this setting powder was. It doesn't give you the dusty cakey look and keeps your makeup looks nice and matte. I also have oily skin and this doesnt make it produce more or make it look super oily after a little while (like some powders can do) I will purchase the full size.

Typically, I am a Laura Mercier fan, but the talc in this powder clogged my pores and caused my skin to break out. If only they made a talc-free version!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Been using this for about 4 years now--LOVE it! I understand why it wins so many awards and so many makeup artists love it so much. It sets your makeup, but never looks powdery or dry, just smooth and polished and beautiful. I use to set my LM mineral powder, too. It has no fragrance and comes in a sifter tub. I apply it by pressing it into my skin with the LM velour puff, then I brush off the excess. Gaaahh-juss!A little price-y, but worth it. Will repurchase, for sure.

on 12/15/2010 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Update: I did get breakouts! I kept putting it off as hormonal but I stopped using it for a day or two and my skin improved significantly. STAY away if you're skin is acne-prone!

I was wary of this product because I bought it without realising this may cause me breakouts since it contains cornstarch.

But because of all the great reviews I decided to give it a go anyway. No regrets, this hasn't caused my face to break out! I have dry skin so maybe that could be the reason

It's a smooth powder and leaves my face shine free and looking better than with no powder.

I only ripped off some of the sticker so only a few holes are exposed, but I would prefer it if they made it more spill free.

on 10/23/2010 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

okay. my friend loves this product and suggested me to try it out. so i bought it and I've been using this for almost half a year, and i absolutely regret buying this!

i have really oily skin (like really!!!) and it does NOTHING in oil controlling whatsoever. okay, it does give you a really nice and soft feel when you first apply it on. but after 2 hours, i already see oil showing up! sigh.

i tried it with different primers (eg. MUA, smashbox, proactive, sheer cover, laneige etc) and with different foundations (e.g. armani, dior, MUA, bb cream, NARS etc.) and i swear, after these 6 months of experiments, it was a complete waste of time.

Even in winter, i was like an oil sleek! i think i might try out for MUA HD loose powder, since i've heard really good reviews on it's oil controlling properties.

on 10/17/2010 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love! Love! Love! I appy this right after my LM silk creme foundation. It gives me that flawless look. Foundation is also a gret product-full coverage. I have acne skin and very oily. You have to have atleast one or two touch up. But so much better than other powders. Yes, I will buy it again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I decided to go on a Laura Mercier rampage and bought all of the products including the foundations and this loose powder. I really loved the loose powder at first, it's very fine, it's not as messy as other powders I've tried and it did soak in the oil on my face. That is until I looked in the mirror 2 hours later. I had to constantly re apply this powder in order for it to work. Luckily I work at a resort where I get a discount for Laura Mercier products and I didn't end up spending as much as someone would on this product. Over all, I'm sticking to my drugstore loose powder that seemed to work better than this.