Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

4.1

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This powder is probably one of the most hyped beauty products of the last few years, and I never buy into the hype immediately so I was definitely late to try it out. I have combination/oily skin, so most foundations tend to develop a shine after a couple of hours. This powder however, prolongs that BY A MILE.
I use it with a damp makeup sponge and pat it on under my eyes, on my forehead, nose etc and it's so finely milled that even if you go overboard with it, it can easily be brushed away or patted into the skin. It makes my makeup looks flawless and matte and just beautiful. I can go for most of the day without getting horribly shiny and it keeps my makeup in place very well too.
It may seem pricey for a mere powder but you get 29g (1 oz) of product so it will last me years. The packaging is great, it has a cap with holes in it to extract the powder appropriately and works a treat.

on 1/27/2017 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've tried every type of setting powder out there but nothing compares to this. It sets makeup beautifully without caking or settling into fine lines. It doesn't dry my skin out and gives a matte not fake finish that never looks powdery or heavy. Also looks great in photos. I have combo skin with an oily t-zone and this keeps oil under control enough so that I may need a blot or two throughout the day tops. No reapplication necessary. It is a little pricey but I've had a travel size jar for 2 months and it's still almost full after daily use. HG wish I had shelled the money out for it sooner.

The first time I used this powder to bake my concealer was not a good experience. My undereye looked ashy and white. I used mac prolongwear concealer by the way. I noticed that the coty airspun extra coverage translucent was way more silky and easy to work with the first time i used the laura mercier. i tried using it again with a different foundation and concealer and the finish is superb. I have been using it for 3days now and i have been receiving a lot of compliments how my skin looks smooth and poreless. Its way more expensive than the coty airspun but its worth every penny! Im already planning to purchase a backup incase i ran out of this amazing powder!

on 11/7/2016 10:46:00 AM

This product gets so much hype on Youtube, but with good reason. It took me awhile to find use for this product because I have oily skin. First of all, this powder is by Laura Mercier and retails for about $38. The price is a little steep for one ounce of product. It comes in a screw canister made of a durable plastic. There are holes for the product to come out. This kind of packaging is very well-done and is much less of a mess than the Coty Airspun powder. Most people use this to set their makeup after applying foundation, but I have tried that a few times. It does not provide enough oil control for me, so I found another use for it. I find the finish very lovely and desirable...almost flawless, but after a few hours, I must blot. I use it BEFORE I apply foundation. I use such a small amount with a large powder blush and it gives a nice surface for my foundation to cling onto. I also use oil-control primer on my t-zone. After applying foundation, I set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte setting powder. Combining these two products has helped my makeup last so much longer and keep my oil at bay. In other words, I enjoy this powder very much and will continue to purchase. A little bit goes a long way, so there's no need to use too much. Use less to save money because this stuff is not cheap.

on 9/27/2016 12:58:00 AM

A finely milled powder, this settles on to my skin perfectly and natural. I use this alone or for baking technique. This sets my concealer and foundation very well and crack free for hours!
It's pricey but worth every penny.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I heard so many great things about this product, for my birthday my best friend bought it for me.
I have to say I am pretty disappointed and less than impressed.
It is a translucent powder but does leave a white cast to my medium skin tone.
Also, my makeup and skin did not look that good.
It looked made-up and not at all natural looking.
I do not like to look like I am wearing makeup and this definitely gave that look.
I normally do not use foundation and only use concealer with a setting powder (normally the airspun powder or sometimes the ELF HD).
This was just a huge letdown.
I even tried setting a couple of foundations and concealers. Still no good.
Skin did not look as nice and it still left that light cast on the skin.
I could not believe that it did not have a nicer look on the skin.
I only gave it a 3rd lippy because I did not get as shiny with it as I do with other powders.
For the price, I expect way better than this.
I would not repurchase.

Okay, so first things first, this product is BOMB. I always see youtubers/instagrammers/what-have-you talking about it and saying its great, especially for baking and they're right. Although I had initially bought this product for the whole baking purpose, I only use it to set my makeup now, not because it doesn't work as a baking product, because it does, but because of the price (i'm not really willing to use a huge amount just to dust half of it off 10 minutes later) and whenever I use this to set my makeup, it gives me this stunning soft matte finish and it blurs my imperfections/pores without making my skin look cakey as hell (as most powders do for my extremely oily and troubled skin). As for oil control, I can't say that it will keep you matte all day BUT once your oil does start to show through, it won't make your face look like a greaseball, it will make your face just look glowy (and I don't mind that look at all because it looks very nice imo).

The packaging the powder comes in is just a regular sifter jar and all sifter jars do sometimes get frustrating to work with due to the fact that they are a pain to bring in a handbag/the powder could go everywhere/last bits of product are almost IMPOSSIBLE to get out unless the sifter top is popped off. But thats my only complaint about this product (it's a super small issue that 99.9% of the population can overlook, I hope)

The price it retails for in department stores in Australia is a hefty $62AUD for 1oz.(30g) of product, although that is a decent amount of product to receive for such an amazing powder, the price tag might make many people think again but for me, I would definitely repurchase if I ever ran out because I just love the finish it gives.

Overall, this powders amazing, I love it more than I love green tea (and I have 10 cups of that stuff a day, death come at me) so do yourself a favour if you're thinking of buying this powder and BUY IT.

on 2/24/2016 12:29:00 PM

NEWP. Not good at all for an all over the face powder. Doesn't keep me matte nor provide any substantial coverage. Will keep for an undereye setting powder but bummed that this is really a bust for me.

Purchased the small size and once I finish it I will repurchase asap. Its silky smooth and keeps my undereyes crease free.
My Sephora doesn't carry this brand so I'll order from Nordstrom.com because it has FREE SHIPPING.
Update 11-27-16 lowered the rating
I thought this was a high quality powder that was silky smooth, but when I compared it to the RCMA powder that my niece has, I now know LM is NOT silky smooth at all!!! RCMA powder was ordered online, really inexpensive & comes in a cheapy shaker bottle container but the powder itself is awesome! I've never felt a powider this smooth, you feel nothing but a silky texture when you rub this between your fingers which is not at all whar LM feels like!!

on 2/7/2016 9:57:00 PM