Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

4.1

on 5/23/2018 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

A finely milled powder, this settles on to my skin perfectly and natural. I use this alone or for baking technique. This sets my concealer and foundation very well and crack free for hours!
It's pricey but worth every penny.

on 2/23/2018 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have used this product for years. Although it wasn't until this week that I realized, I was applying it wrong. I have found using a puff and pressing it into the skin (instead of using a powder brush) has been amazing. The area that has benefited the most and that I'm thrilled about is under my eyes. No more transferring of mascara and eyeliner on my lower lid. Maybe not 100% but definitely 95% or better. I'm so happy!!!!!! For my oily skin, this paired with Almay's TLC foundation is HG.

on 12/22/2017 8:04:00 AM

i use it after the tinted cream of Laura Mercier and it does a great job. great product 😋

on 11/12/2017 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Having heard all the rave reviews about this powder for the last year I finally gave in and got a jar. I had been using the NYX translucent powder which worked fine for me. I honestly couldn't understand all the hype about it, I mean how different could a face powder actually be but yet I was curious. I spritzed a bit of Mac Fix+ afterwards. I was literally surprised at the end of my application. I actually noticed my face had a very subtle glow to it. Not something that anyone would think "what's on her face", but it just gave me a lovely brightness. That said, it's pricy and it does have talc, parabens and some other ingredients which may promote breakouts. Because of that I took away one lippy. But overall I love it!

This powder was just okay for me. I wish it kept my face from getting oily so quick. The packaging is beautiful I must say, but don't think the price tag should be what it is. For my full review head over to my blog beautybyprincessmaitland@gmail.com

on 10/6/2017 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this translucent loose powder. It does not add cakey feel to the overall make up and has high staying power. I usually like to put some on my eyebrow prior to drawing my eyebrow with eyebrow powder. It helps it to stay even when I am in gym with my makeup after work.

I'm definitely recommending this but it is very pricey in Singapore. Around SGD70 for this. Good to buy this during sales like Sephora when there is a 20% discount. ;)

For reference:

Nc30, warm and yellow

this product is so finely milled that it makes application look flawless. I love using this or the Laura Mercier secret brightening powder to set my under eye concealer. This product has a light yellow color that brightens your under eye in a subtle way. I'm not into the crazy under eye highlight and sometimes I do find the secret brightening powder a bit ashy. I also like to use this powder to do some light baking under my cheeks.

Definitely would repurchase.

on 6/20/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Okay. This stuff is the real deal. I hate the price, but god dangit if I'm not willing to fork it over for this magical fairy dust.

on 4/19/2017 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

My HG setting powder! I have really oily skin and this sets my under eyes and t-zone nicely. It does however cling onto dry patches, so it might not work on people with dry skin (I could be wrong though). It's quite expensive, but I think it's worth it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This powder is probably one of the most hyped beauty products of the last few years, and I never buy into the hype immediately so I was definitely late to try it out. I have combination/oily skin, so most foundations tend to develop a shine after a couple of hours. This powder however, prolongs that BY A MILE.
I use it with a damp makeup sponge and pat it on under my eyes, on my forehead, nose etc and it's so finely milled that even if you go overboard with it, it can easily be brushed away or patted into the skin. It makes my makeup looks flawless and matte and just beautiful. I can go for most of the day without getting horribly shiny and it keeps my makeup in place very well too.
It may seem pricey for a mere powder but you get 29g (1 oz) of product so it will last me years. The packaging is great, it has a cap with holes in it to extract the powder appropriately and works a treat.