Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

on 7/27/2015 9:19:00 PM

This product is freaking amazing! I don't write reviews often but I had to on this one. I'm 60 years young and always on the lookout for products that help improve the look of my complexion. I use IT CC cream as a foundation. I've used other powders, loose and pressed as a setting powder. Nothing compares to Laura Mercier. It's expensive but the jar is large and I don't think I'll use it up in my lifetime. You don't need much product. It blurs everything. My pores virtually disappear. I've tried many products in my life and not too many are holy grail status. This definitely is top on my list. I did buy the Laura Mercier puff to go with this. I blot it on after my foundation and before my blush. Perfection!

Nice smooth finish but I prefer the MAC prep + prime loose powder, it keeps my face shine-free for much longer. With the Laura Mercier I need to touch up my t-zone within a few hours.

on 7/3/2015 8:59:00 PM

Out of all the powders I own, this one most definitely has the most longevity. When I apply this at 8 am in the morning, I can always count on this powder staying intact on my face throughout the day (even on my very oily T-Zone). You need the tiniest bit of this powder or else it can look quite cakey but since a little goes a very long way the price is most definitely justified and I can see this powder lasting at least a few years! Could not recommend this powder enough, especially for those who like an airbrushed, full finish foundation.

on 5/17/2015 4:52:00 PM

You get what you pay for, and I must say this powder is worth every penny! I absolutely love it I use it under my eyes to set my concealer, on my nose & forehead & it helped me stay matte. I will repurchase it again(:

I have had this product for a very long time. One of my very first "high end" purchases. One of the girls at sephora suggested it and I purchased it without doing any research of my own. I got home and my first instinct was to out it all over my face. Which of course was a mistake. This was way back when I hadn't discovered the importance of filled in eyebrows lol. It sat in the dark depths of my makeup drawers for quite sometime until one day I decided to give it another shot. After many hours of watching YouTube tuturials I was ready to give in another shot. Now I only use it for setting my under eye concealer which works perfectly. No creasing occurs if I time the application of this perfectly. The reason why I wouldn't repurchase this is because I really want to try a different setting powder and I'm trying really hard to hold off on purchasing another one until I have finished this one.

The product is great. It's oil-control, gives silky matte finish and is long lasting. I've been using countless jars of this for the past 7 years in alternative with Nars light reflecting setting powder.

I took one lippy of because the quality of the packaging is so poor. All of which i had used broke at the rim. I don't understand why LM never fix this prob.

on 9/22/2014 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have very oily skin and this leaves a natural, matte finish, but after using it for about a week or so, I was so disappointed that it broke me out. It also contains ethylhexel palmitate, which is known to cause acne.. Switched to "It Cosmetics" Bye Bye Pores translucent setting powder which is amazing!

I wanted to love this. I really did. The powder breaks me out and makes me sneeze. The packaging is nice and her powder puffs are great, but the product did not work for me.

on 6/25/2014 11:14:00 AM

I love this loose powder! It's very finely milled, so I can brush it over my foundation or BB cream without ever looking powdery or heavily made-up.

on 3/31/2014 8:20:00 PM

I'm so excited abt this product, I logged in first thing in the morning to want to write a review on this. This finishes everything I put so beautifully, even BB creams or liquid foundations that I thought were too oily and sticky for me, I tried to set them with this loose powder and voila, miracle happens, my face wasn't too oily or sticky anymore as it gives a nice soft, powdery finish. What's even more amazing is that it controls oil and even after a day out, my skin still remains non-oily/non-shiny. I would repurchase.