Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I got this for a stupid but logical reason I heard raves about this so I wanted to try it for argument sake since I loved the secret brightening powder however the pot is so small I ran out of it too quickly and this big ol thing caught my eye
I have oily skin in the middle dry all over and I try my best to compensate for the two ( serums , exfoliate when needed , dewy setting sprays ) however because I'm oily too I have to set everything I put on .. in other words when I do reviews I make sure it's not something I'm doing or changed.
This was good, blurred my pores, gave me a nice brightening finish in the middle of my face where i need it.
Didn't feel chalky it felt nice on the skin and it did keep me matte but it kept me too matte.
By the end of the night my face felt completely dehydrated and looked horrible.
My dry spots came through and note this is with serum : hydrating primer : and fix plus
I feel like as a whole I can get away with this in the summer and might even like it in the summer but in the dead of winter it's a no go.
Back to secret brightening ..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought a small size of this highly touted translucent loose powder at Sephora and I can see why it gets so many raves. It's finely milled and goes on beautifully without looking chalky.
It does give me a lovely finish to my foundation, although it can be a bit drying/matte. This is ideal for normal/combo or oily skin types. My skin seems to be going through changes (hormonal) and anything drying/matte isn't flattering.

I said no to re-purchasing because I prefer Shiseido's translucent loose powder. It goes on a bit sheerer than LM's version and it's translucent in the true meaning. Plus it's not as drying/matte.

It's still a great product and I still enjoy LM base products. I just don't love this one enough to re-purchase.

on 10/14/2016 4:17:00 PM

I bought this product to set my make up after reading reviews online.I have normal/combination skin and usually gets oily on the t zone after 3 hours..This product works very well for me in keeping my makeup at bay for the entire day.I dont look as oily when compared to using mac mineral powder.I am asian , mid 20's..

on 10/14/2016 5:48:00 AM

no no no no. I saw this all over youtube, and caved. I just HAD to buy it! I regret my decision completely. I tried using this too bake, it clings to spots where there is a tiny bit of excess concealer. It ends up looking like chunks on my face! I also tried using this to lightly set my foundation, but my face ended up looking cakey! My foundation was usually always flawless. I noticed it looking powdery and cakey around my nose. It was the powder... and no, I did not use a lot. i knocked off any excess before using. with light patting motions on a fluffy brush. My NYC smooth face loose powder for 6$ works better than this 46$ powder. I will not repurchase.

I'm really on the fence about this product. I mostly use it to mix with my other loose powders, online it's okay but I cannot bake win it because it looks dry and cakey underneath my eyes & creases a lot. However to set the face and lightly set the eyes it's great, sets everything in place & has no flashback! But I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a fairly good powder for setting makeup. However it kinda makes my face look flat and does not work well with high coverage conceAlers, sort of makes it look dry and those dreaded lines under the eyes appear. I try to use a light patting motion with the sponge but there will still be minimal lines. Also difficult to get the last bit of powder out of the container

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've stopped using loose powder as they were starting to emphasize on the age-lines beneath my eyes. But then again, I could had been using way too much and with the wrong application (puff puff all over the face, every square inch of my face with a light layer of loose powder - SO WRONG now I know!).

With this powder, I either use the designated puff (sold separately), applied in a dabbing motion, or with a damp BB, and only on areas needed - under the eyes (especially, very very little - I don't wear concealer, just to keep my mascara from smudging onto my lower lids), and on my T-zone as I don't like my T-zone to shine.

Yes, they do keep the oilies away (although I am more dehydrated-dry). I also don't get a dry/tight feeling, unlike other powders.

Only that I supposed I'll have to buy the pressed version for my travels.

Yes, this is a keeper, and I'll repurchase. Definitely.

on 8/28/2016 11:26:00 PM

Currently my go-to powder. Controls oil very well for me and plays nicely with all my current foundations. Impressed with how well it sets my under-eye. Mattifies without looking cakey on me. Will repurchase.

on 8/17/2016 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder is amazing! I've never been a fan of loose powders, especially translucent ones because they tend to make me ashy looking but this powder is flawless! It sets my make up beautifully and it keeps my oily skin at bay. My skin never looks cakey and it pairs really well with my Kat Von D tattoo foundation. Will defiantly be repurchasing!

on 7/31/2016 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't want to like this powder because of the price, but OMG it is my HG powder. I have super oily skin & this sets my my all day. Despite the initial outlay being costly, it has lasted me 9 months so far with daily use, so realistically it's not that expensive. This product really does deserve the hype.