Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

3.9

on 6/1/2011 6:16:00 PM

I bought this powder after it was recommended by an SA at Sephora for oily skin. I wanted a loose powder instead of a pressed powder (she highly recommended the pressed Smooth Focus because she uses it for her oily skin). It's finely milled with a hint of ivory color but goes on sheer for the most part. I prefer using a powder brush to distribute a light layer onto my face because I feel like using a powder puff first doesnt spread it well enough since the powder is so finely milled. You'll just end up with dots on your face from the sifter. This powder reminds me of powders like MUFE HD powder but it isnt quite as finely milled but pretty close. I didnt want the white color (even though it's supposed to go on sheer, it isnt always the case) so that's why I like the LM translucent powder because it's off-white.

As far as how it works for an oily face, it does a decent job- even in the heat. Do I think there is a better powder to be found for alot less than $34? Yes, and I'm going to find it. But I do think this one is worth a try to purchase and see if it does work. IF you're looking for pressed, then I would definitely check into the one mentioned in the first paragraph.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This translucent powder is great for setting foundation and concealer! It doesn't change the colour of your foundation at all, but instead gives it a very soft and smooth finish (without any chalkiness even if you do put a fair bit on!). Unfortunately, my skin is so oily and acne prone that it doesn't manage to keep the greasiness away for more than 3-4 hours. But i have a mini one of this so i can bring my mini kabuki brush with this for touch ups during the day after some oil blotting :) Although i would buy this again, i doubt i would ever need to because so little lasts a very long time!

on 12/22/2010 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This powder is nothing special. Does not mattify my oily skin and does not even imperfections in the skin texture, like some powders do...Does not hide pores at all!

I think that this powder is ok for normal skin maybe...or dry skin. But not for oily skin types cause this does not do anything about the shine you already have...insted it gives some kind of "glow"... This "healthy glow" is good looking maybe only for 1 h, and turns into a oil slick in the middle of the day... Add to this that this is quite a pricy brand! No thanks.

TRY before you buy!

on 12/15/2010 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Update: I did get breakouts! I kept putting it off as hormonal but I stopped using it for a day or two and my skin improved significantly. STAY away if you're skin is acne-prone!

I was wary of this product because I bought it without realising this may cause me breakouts since it contains cornstarch.

But because of all the great reviews I decided to give it a go anyway. No regrets, this hasn't caused my face to break out! I have dry skin so maybe that could be the reason

It's a smooth powder and leaves my face shine free and looking better than with no powder.

I only ripped off some of the sticker so only a few holes are exposed, but I would prefer it if they made it more spill free.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Makes my makeup last all day, controls oil but doesnt set too matte, imparts a glow, and makes my pores dissapear! What more could a girl want?

on 10/17/2010 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love! Love! Love! I appy this right after my LM silk creme foundation. It gives me that flawless look. Foundation is also a gret product-full coverage. I have acne skin and very oily. You have to have atleast one or two touch up. But so much better than other powders. Yes, I will buy it again.

HG! I cannot wear liquid foundation with out this powder! If I didn't it would slide off with in the hour. I am sure there are cheaper alternatives but I have had so much luck with this and if it ain't broke why fix it?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I returned this product. It contains a small amount of cornstarch, which might feed bacteria on my skin and cause blemishes. I have acne-prone skin. The texture was great & the color was good for my fair skin. I have just recently learned that I must check for cornstarch as an ingredient.

on 5/20/2010 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

silky and very nice coverage....but it breaks me out....all of her products are very beautiful on if you use primer tm and powder to set, but they make me break out like crazy

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i love love this! i use this over my laura mercier mineral foundation or when i wear liquid foundation. this keeps my face so fresh and matte. very easy to fix my makeup if i have some shine. it does give me *some* shine during the summer but it happens in a way i glow! i have already bought 3 of this!