MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

on 8/6/2011 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this finishing powder. I use this with MAC studio fix powder (I know, don't need to set powder with another powder =P), but it makes the studio fix powder lasts much longer on my face and I don't get that dreaded 5PM-the-foundation's-melting-off-my-face feeling. Another use for this finishing powder is to 'set' the sunscreen when I'm not wearing any makeup, all of a sudden SPF40 sunscreen feels like SPF10 and the greasy look you get from using high SPF is gone, pretty much matte all day in the office. Verdict? 5 lippies and most definitely will re-purchase when I run out. =)

on 8/1/2011 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really like this powder!
When I had dry skin on the cheeks but oily t-zone, this powder wasn't enough to control the shine, so I used the Blot Powder on the t-zone (this is not as finely milled, and therefore slightly noticeable). What actually impressed me about it was that it didn't make my dry cheeks drier, so I do believe that people with dry skin would like this. It has also never made my sensitive skin break out.
Right now i have normal/dry skin, and don't need to use any other powder than this over my foundation, and do not end up oily in the evening.
This powder is very finely milled. Some people were complaining about it flying everywhere, but that's not really a problem I get. Even though it's white, it doesn't give me a ghost-face, and is hard to overdo. I have now had it for 5 months, and still have about 1/3 of the box left, if not even a little more, so I think it's economical. ***Update: it took me 4 years to finish! Love it though :)***

I like to use it with the very soft Ultimate Retractable Kabuki Brush (highly recommended) from lucyminerals.com. With this brush, I can even swirl the powder into my foundation without ruining it. This makes my foundation last longer that with the powder sitting on top of it.
This doesn't make my face matt, but rather gives it a very nice natural glow, while not containing any shimmer. Since it's so finely milled, it doesn't make my face look powdered. It covers pores very nicely - my face looks so much smoother with this :)
I do believe that there's more powders similar to this out there, but this is a good one, so I will still give it a 5.
Don't know why this gives some people a whit cast - it hasn't happened to me, even when I was NC30 in MAC...

on 8/1/2011 11:15:00 AM

Love, love, LOVE this product!
I decided to buy this in April after I found that my nars finishing powder turned my face a rather attractive (ha!) orange colour half way through the day, and after reading the great reviews I decided to take the plunge.
The positives of this product easily outweigh the negatives. Yes, it is an expensive product, and the packaging isn't great, however i've found that with a lot of loose powders. If you tip the pot upside down for about 1 second i find that the lid has enough powder on it to swirl your brush around and cover your entire face which is fab.
I have extremely oily, acne prone skin and usually have to use blot powder after about 2 hours which for me is actually amazing - without this I am usually looking oily after about half an hour! Not great as you can imagine! this stuff helps to control the oils, whilst giving as silky-smooth feel to my skin which I love.
In photos I don't appear 'flat' which I've found can happen with many finishing powders! Yay! I just wish that they could bake this and put it in a small compact or something so I can carry it around all day! Definately a HG for me! x x x

on 7/2/2011 5:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is amazing stuff. I had been wearing MUFE's version and wore this one day instead. My friend had been telling me all week that I looked sick, and the one day I wore this she commented on how great (and naturally healthy!!!) I looked. This was the first time she's given me a positive comment on my complexion (I'm very pale with dark circles so I look sick most of the time!!).

Anyway, I also wore this whilst seeing my brother and sister-in-law and they also commented on how healthy I looked (this is the first time my brother has complimented me in my 28 yrs)!!

Even though this costs me three times as much as the MUFE version, it's performance is amazing and well worth it. In Australia this costs $42 for a tiny container, but is the best lose powder I've ever tried (and I've tried at least 30 of them). It sets my makeup perfectly and makes me look so healthy- no chalky face here! IT'S AMAZING STUFF!!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I apsolutely love this! I wear this with and without makeup, I find it makes my face so soft and natural looking and gets rid of my oil on my skin. It almost makes me speechless, I definitely recommend this!

on 6/7/2011 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was heartbroken because my favourite powder (the Blot loose) has become harder and harder to find (disc'd?).
I was going to repurchase MUFE HD silica powder, but on a whim I decided to try this P&P from MAC, in hopes it would come close to Blot...and I'm glad I did!
It looks totally translucent on me, melts in my skin and gives a great finish to my foundations. It seems to blur imperfections, and to keep me matte longer than I'd be otherwise.
I have nothing bad to say about this product, price is reasonable (wish the container was bigger like the loose Blot!), and it delivers.
I think it is better than MUFE HD in terms of oil control.

on 6/5/2011 3:47:00 PM

Great powder! Fixes make up and reduces oiliness! It is great for hot summer days! My only wish is that it were less white and more neutral in colour. However if it is blended well it is OK.

I can't wear foundation with this product. It really keep my skin less oily and my foundation stay all day long. Keep in my mind, do not apply it to much otherwise it will make your complexion look dull. Just apply on the areas that tend to be shine like t zone area.

This is truly my HG of powders. I tried many loose powders on the market but this works best, i am alreay at my 5 powder box. It settles the makeup quite good and the skin looks really smooth with this. It hides my big pores and fine eye lines as well.
The only downsides are that the packaging can be really messy (You have to be very careful because the powder can get everywhere) and the high prize, i will keep buying this product though because of the good results.

on 5/28/2011 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this product! As someone who has EXTREMELY oil skin to the point where it is uncontrollable, this product certainly manages to keep my face matte for a good 4 hours before blotting. I also have a few dry patches which i was worried the powder might emphasise but it is so finely milled i haven't had a problem at all. Great for setting foundation and under eye concealer....will be purchasing again!