MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

on 2/1/2017 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is great and it doesnt break me out. However it is extremely expensive, u only get 9 grams. Laura mercier is 29 grams and it costs 400 sek, it is more affordable in the long run. HORRIBLE for pictures with flash, u look crazy white!

on 6/9/2016 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm

i've added some photos.

UPDATE: it does change the tone of my foundation, like it delete the warmness of my foundation, but nothing too crazy.

sooo yeah i do like this product, it just does what it says to be short. I'm using it with a kabuki brush which makes it very easy to apply.
the only thing is the packaging is a very big mess, so i've found a solution haha, i bought a kind of compact powder box thingy from the face shop and then put the mac powder inside (i have posted the photos).

remember to do not put too much if you don't wanna look like a ghost, loll.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is the perfect product, well tarnishing. Just pack the failed :(

I bought this to set my foundation and it does just that, it really made it stay in place. But I'm not huge fan of powders so I don't use it every day, only when I feel like it. The only thing I REALLY hate about this product is the packaging. I hate loose powders. It gets messy and I feel like a lot of it comes out and it is a wate of product for me. They do make a pressed powder in this which would be better for me, but I haven't made the effort to go get it yet. But the price isn't that bad in my opinion, compared to others.

on 11/12/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use it to set my undereye concealer (Mac studio finish and BB creamy concealer) and also a bit over my face to set my foundation . It really helps to prevent my concealer to crease, it sets everything in place, so I really happy with it for that purpose.

I just hate to use loose powders. And with this jard, that all the powder get on the upper part of the retainer. I may try the pressed version.

on 8/21/2015 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm almost finished with using this product so I thought now is a good time to write a review.
Very good under eye setting powder which does not make the area look cakey no matter how much you apply. It has flashback however so I only used in the day.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Bought this as a treat as the price is outrageous. You can get something identical from GOSH for half the price and ELF for even less.

That said, I do love this. It blurs the look of pores, mattifies without dulling, and sets my face rally nicely. It does need touching up during the day which other powder doesn't so much.

I'd like the compact one for work, but next time I will get the GOSH one.

Does a really good job at smoothing out find lines and pores. I have repurchased. Just wish it held up longer on my oily skin. But that's a struggle I battle with all makeup. I love this!

on 3/11/2015 8:23:00 AM

I really like this setting powder. Really good for setting your foundation or concealer, makes the skin look so good and smooth. It feels amazingly soft on the skin and I have nothing to complain about regarding this product. Absolutely love it, and I would definitely buy it again.

on 2/27/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So basically there are pro's and con's to this product but I really feel the pros far outweigh the cons. This powder is perfect as a day time powder. So the pro's
1. it sets your make up amazingly
2. stops any under eye creasing (mine was extreme). With this powder my under eye does not crease at all
3. matifys your skin
4. keeps make up in place, ALL DAY. it does not budge at all!
During the day there is not apparent white finish
5. Normally I have to touch up, especially under my eyes and my cheeks, with this I do not have to touch up at all

Cons
1. I would never suggest using this if you have a wedding / party etc as photos are normally taken at these events and this product under FLASH photogoraphy leaves such an apparent white mask, almost like you have chucked talc powder the areas you put the MAC product
That is the only con. don't use this if you know you will be having photos with flash taken as the white powder will be so visible.
Other than that, its the perfect day time powder and night if you aren't having photos taken