MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

on 4/21/2009 11:51:00 PM

I bought two of these because I was told it was limited edition. I love it!!! What else can I say? And for the price of it?! Cheaper than MUFE's version! Its very translucent. It matte's really well without drying the skin and holds my makeup! In a 10-12 hour day. I touch up once or twice with blotting paper to de-shine my t-zone. Love it!

on 4/21/2009 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

OK, I have found my new HG loose powder, and here it is! MAC Prep & Prime Transparent Finishing Powder is fantastic! On me, this works better than Pure Luxe Silica Powder, which left my face looking a little pale & chalky and didn't hide my pores. It also seemed to disappear within hours. Not so with MAC's version of a silica powder! This stuff blurs out my pores and makes my complexion look flawless! It doesn't make me look like a ghost, and it lasts ALL day when I layer it over my foundation. I am actually amazed by this powder; I didn't expect there to be a big difference in performance between this & other similar powders, yet there is. Thank you, MAC, for giving me a loose powder I can count on to do the job. I just hope this really isn't LE!!! Otherwise, I'm going to have to bend the ol' "No-More-Backups" rule....

on 4/20/2009 12:04:00 AM

I really like this powder. It sets my makeup perfectly and I do not have to apply throughout the day ( I have combo skin, with a fairly oily t-zone) I love how flawless my skin looks after I apply it!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this powder. Buffed on with the appropriate brush and used in conjunction with my Prep+Prime Skin with SPF 50, it made my skin appear flawless and instantly smooth. It didn't exactly last all day, but it did last a good 6 hours before I needed to reapply. That didn't bother me at all because, even after the second application, I didn't look chalky or cakey like I had expected.

The product is a bit on the expensive side, but seeing that very little is needed per application, this jar will take you a long way. I will definitely purchase again.

EDIT: This is LE but the SA told me that there is a powder available at the pro store that is basically the same so I'm not absolutely dying to stock up on this.

**EDIT #2** This is no longer LE! YAYYYY!

on 4/13/2009 9:39:00 PM

I like this product. I had gone to the MAC Pro Store to pick up a studio sculpt concealer and foundation, while there I was looking at the invisible setting powder but the white although "invisible" to me I looked too pale and ashy. I am an NW43 and it just wasn't working for me. The MUA suggested that I try this instead and even under harsh light it doesn't show up, it just finishes your makeup with a nice matte look. I use it very sparingly so that my skin doesn't look dry and over done. I especially love it for setting me concealer under my eyes, it doesn't cake the concealer causing it to crease in the few under eye lines I have. I usually apply a thin layer of concealer and the set it with the finising powder after which I put on my foundation and if necessary apply another thin layer of concealer, and set that. Afterwards I set the entire face with the finising powder, and spray lightly with the studio fix plus. My skin looks flawless and I only need to touch up my T-zone mid day and maybe in the evening to freshen up if I am going out after work. Even my eyeshadow stays put from 5am until I reach home late in the evening.I would definitely repurchase this item again, but even using it everyday, a little goes a long way so it will be a while before I need to repurchase it. I purchased it long before the promotional release and have been using it for at least 8-10 weeks and still have plenty left.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've only had this for a couple days so I'm going to give it another week before giving my full honest review. But for now the consistency of the powder and staying power seem fine.

on 4/6/2009 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! I have pretty oily skin and this is really good at controling oil. It's not perfect; I do have to reapply once or twice a day, but I can handle that!!! No break-outs yet. I don't really expect any since I have used all of these ingredients before, but MAC makeup has a way of ruining that for me. We shall see. Keeping my fingers crossed because I love it!!!

on 4/6/2009 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased mainly out of curiousity. I have a very oily T zone and after visiting my local MAC counter, was told that overtime this would help with the "appearance" and softening of my skin. Plus I was told it's LE so of course I caved and purchased this. I have since tried it out 2x. Once when applied @the Mac counter and yesterday. This stuff works very well. Helped my skin stay oil free for about 6-7 hrs, and minimized the appearance of my huge pores. I don't know that I would buy again due to it's steep price, but I would definitely try either CS silica sphere powder-- which is compared to MUFE finishing powder. Gives a very nice matte apperance.

on 4/6/2009 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used this the day I got it and immediately fell in love with it. I tend to get pretty oily at times and usually blot it away. Well, this time I used a little bit of the finishing powder and it immediately made all the shininess disappear! Itdoes not turn my face white or make it look powdery at all. It makes my face feel nice and smooth after I put it on. I defintely recommend it. Glad it's permanent!