MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.4

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a great product if you want to keep your makeup put for the whole day without getting a cakey appearance. You don't notice you have this one except your make up looks smoother and you get a bit of a glow. This keeps my make up in place the whole day and I don't glow when I apply this. Definetely a HG for me!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This stuff is really amazing. It's a perfect finishing powder, and does not make your face cakey at all! I have been having that problem for months, and now it's solved! I am so glad that I bought this. I wear it over MUFE Mat Velvet foundation, and my face looks perfect all day!

on 6/3/2009 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have been a makeup user for 30 years. This is the most amazing product ever.

Absorbs oil, sets makeup ALL DAY- and that is on my superoily skin, adds no color, actually helps keep breakouts at bay, no flat cakey dryness. I am floored. FLOORED.

Will buy again, and will write MAC and tell them what a great product this is.

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

I love this! I purchased it after reading so many good reviews on here. I'm glad I did.

I have oily skin. I hate saying that but it's true. About 2 hours after I put my makeup on I usually look like a shiny disaster. Ew. Additionally, I HATE touching up my makeup. The way I see it, I spend enough time doing my makeup in the morning that I shouldn't have to think about it again for the rest of the day. My face does not see it that way. It is very high maintenance.

This product allows me to put my makeup on in the morning and basically ignore my face until I wash it at night. 8-10 hours later I am not shiny. I'm "dewy." It looks pretty, not gross.

on 5/22/2009 9:36:00 PM

WOW! Good bye shine! I have combination skin, but have noticed lately that my entire face becomes an oil slick about an hour after I go anywhere. I have used blot powders, blot papers (which always mess up my makeup) and such. Nothing has worked and reapplication was always necessary. Not with this stuff! It's amazing. I think my primer makes me shiny (I know, not the point of having a primer, but it's non-silicone based and I love how my makeup looks over it). So I just place this on as my finishing powder and *voila*, no shine. In fact, I have not had to touch up ALL day today, even after going out in 80 degree weather for an hour. AMAZING.

There are two downsides. One, is that I have a tendency to touch up a bit once i get into my car and see what my makeup look like in the sun. I always seem to find a place that looks splotchy. With this stuff, once you put it on, it really does set your makeup, thus not allowing you to make any corrections. So I have learned to apply it in the car once I get make all necessary adjustments. It give a flawless finished look. Two, it also makes my makeup look toned down....not white necessarily, but just a little dull. For instance, my bronzer or blush doesn't shine through. So I have to add a little blush OVER the setting powder to give me more pop. Otherwise, I am so happy!!!!! I've had bad experiences in the past with MAC products and breaking out from them, so hopefully this won't break me out because I really love it. Bye, bye shine!!!

on 5/14/2009 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this! I used L'Oreal Translucide for years and was happy with it, but this is miles beyond. I have super-oily eyelids and typically have big problems with eyeshadow creasing (no matter what kind of primer I use) and my waterproof mascara smudging off my lashes and onto my skin by mid-morning. Setting my makeup with this not only eliminates those issues, but keeps the rest of my face looking great until my usual lunchtime touch-up. This is really a breakthrough powder for me, and worth the price. I like the very packable size of the jar, but a sifter with such big holes is a peeve of mine. If it gets tossed around in your makeup bag, you can find way too much powder on top when you open it.

on 4/24/2009 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

LOVE THIS!! It's transparent so it works on any skin tone, and over any foundation color. It basically uses light diffusers to blur out the skin giving a smooth, flawless, line free appearance.

on 4/6/2009 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! I have pretty oily skin and this is really good at controling oil. It's not perfect; I do have to reapply once or twice a day, but I can handle that!!! No break-outs yet. I don't really expect any since I have used all of these ingredients before, but MAC makeup has a way of ruining that for me. We shall see. Keeping my fingers crossed because I love it!!!