MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.4

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

LOVE this stuff! I don't know how I lived without it for so long or why I never tried it sooner! My MA recommended this over my Studio Fix Fluid, and under MSFN and it's amazing! I was using the Allison Rafael transparent powder from Sephora for a few years and the MAC is 1000 times better! I can't even believe it! I live in FL and it's so humid so after few hours my foundation would ALWAYS look shiny before, but this really sets it and it lasts WAY longer and looks nice all day long, even if I am outside!

I would highly recommend this powder to anyone with combo to oily skin or who lives in a humid area where you need something to set your foundation. LOVE IT!

on 2/17/2010 1:14:00 PM

We got this product in my makeup course. When I put it over my eyeshadow and my mac fluidline it makes my eye makeup (on my hooded eyes) stay in place.

on 2/16/2010 1:38:00 PM

I had to go to five different MAC counters before I found this. It was sold out at the first four I tried and I can see why. This powder is perfect. It is white in color but once applied to the skin it doesn't leave a white cast at all. I am NW15 and I don't need to look any paler, and I don't with this powder. It also leaves my face perfectly balanced. It banishes unsightly oil and shine but doesn't dry out my skin. My skin doesn't look dry or flat at all. It also sets my foundation really well so that it lasts all day and still looks fresh and clean. I use a primer (Too Faced Primed and Poreless) that pretty much disguises my pores but this powder goes that final step to really get rid of the appearance of my pores. My only gripe is the packaging. There aren't any holes in the plastic covering. I just made my own by puncturing the plastic covering with nail scissors and problem solved. I use my Sephora Platinum Professionel powder brush 50 to sweep this over my face and it gives the perfect application without caking it on. I love MAC Prep+Prime finishing powder and my search for the perfect setting powder is over!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been searching for almost 4 months trying to find products that would cover my extremely oily skin and extra large pores. I work in a bakery and I am constantly in front of large hot ovens and this reeks havoc on my skin. After an hour of work I need to blot the oil but getting to a bathroom doesn't always happen and I am constantly embarrassed while helping customers because I know I am blinding them with my glow.

THIS HAS CHANGED ALL THAT. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I have yet to try the MUFE version because I am a MAC lover and I don't see how another product could work any better. When I use this before work I can work 6 hours before needing to blot and even then it is hardly any oil.

My pores although still visible are almost completely gone with this product. I have extremely pale skin so I have not noticed a white glow to my face in flash photography it just looks perfect and natural.

I will buy this product for a long time to come.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh wow, this is a really fantastic powder. I have been resigned to the fact that I have an oily T zone and will always be quite shiny by lunch-time. This product has made an enormous difference- I was amazed the first day I used it and I touched my hand to my forehead in the evening and realised that it actually felt dry and not oily! Also stops concealer from budging, and have not found that my face is really white in photos. Can't think of any cons for this product, I know a lot of people don't like the packaging but it doesn't really bother me.

on 1/3/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is a must have in my makeup collection. I use it to set my foundation and the results are perfect. I tend to break out on my lower cheeks (and I pick my blemishes, so bad i know, i'm trying really hard to break the habit) and sometimes even after foundation/concealer my face looks a little uneven. This product doesn't deliver any color/more coverage, however it is wonderful at evening out the appearance of my skin. I have no used the MUFE HD powder so I can't say how they compare, because i tried this one first, love it, and have no reason to branch out. I'm on my second pot already and really could not be happier with the results i've gotten. To be honest, this is one of the few (only??) products that I use that I can't think of a single down side for. Nothing but love.

on 12/30/2009 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this since it came out, so, for months...My skin is normal/dry, add to that that I'm 44...I love it, I'm on my second container. All I can compare it to is MUFE HD and E.L.F.'s High Definition Powder, which I just received and have only used a few times. For skin that tends to be a bit more dry and/or mature, I think this is the best, hands down, provided this is what you're looking for. It doesn't dry my skin out like the other 2, and sets my liquid foundation as well as my undereye concealer beautifully. Every other powder I've used to set undereye concealer looks dry and cakey, which is what sparked my interest in the new translucent powders....MUFE, I don't like it, not even a little bit, sucked every bit of moisture out of my skin, it was absolutely horrible (and frankly REALLY overpriced as it's only silica). E.L.F. is bit better in that the main ingredient is Dimethicone...then silica, but can catch on dry areas that I didn't know that I had, but is still a tiny bit drying, but much better than MUFE. MAC P+P doesn't do that. I thought that it would be a bit drying with cornstarch, but it's not drying on my skin at all. Although MAC doesn't promote it as a product for dry skin, I think it's the best out there for setting undereye concealer and believe me, I've tried nearly everything. Even the powder that left my skin looking dewy, Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder, is very drying under my eyes. Two thumbs up for MAC!

*EDIT* This is a temporary edit...This is not to say I don't love MAC P+P Transparent Finishing Powder but I did compare it to two others and I may have to re-evaluate the ELF HD in comparison. I said it was more drying under my eyes but I believe that it may have been caused by applying the Studio Sculpt Foundation with a sponge, wiping away moisturizer and primer. I used my brush to apply today and used the ELF HD powder and it looks great. I'll give that a try for a few days and do a review on ELF, but as far as MAC goes, still a GREAT PRODUCT!

on 9/19/2009 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This powder is just amazing. I always have problems with heavy setting powders - I want to set my make up without changing the colour of my skin or looking cakey and powdery - but this does the job perfectly. I use the Sigma SS150 to apply this powder. It is completely transparent when you apply it; I don't see a white cast or even any signs of powder on the skin. It just absorbs shine and keeps oil at bay at least until lunch time. It make skin look 'finished' without looking heavy and mask-like. It's not cheap (and to be honest I was shocked when I saw how small the pot looked), but so far one pot has lasted me two months of daily use, and it looks like there's enough left at least for one more month, which actually isn't too bad. I would definitely recommend this powder - I will repurchase again and again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this powder! This controls my oil better than blot powder and looks so much more natural, my only gripe would be the packaging because the powder is so fine it tends to get messy and a lot comes out. Would buy this over and over again though, because it leaves the face looking natural and not powdery while controlling oil!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Wonderful product for keeping my oily T-zone at bay! I like the packaging and the fact that a little bit of the product goes a long way. I have used this over foundation and it has worked well. It doesn't leave a white cast on the skin. The texture is very fine and silky. Would buy again!