MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.4

on 8/16/2010 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm over 60 and have been extremely impressed by the overall finished look I get by applying this product before foundation. No question-this is a keeper and will remain a staple regardless of the foundation used.

Mattifying, but not in a way that will take away from the glow of your foundation. Keeps an excess oil at bay, smooths out your face and makes it feel smooth and lovely. Truly transparent, don't worry about your face turning white. You recieve a lot of product for the price when compared to other setting powders. This is really top of the line, MAC hit a homerun with this setting powder, I will re-buy when the time comes, but with as much as you recieve and how little it takes to cover ones face, that may not be for a couple years!

Love this stuff. Sets my MU perfectly. Great on days when I don;t want to wear much. Can be a bit messy. If this had an SPF I would be in heaven.

I think this is a great product, the only thing to complain about is the price, which is a little steep. But otherwise, the product goes a long way, if you use it with a kabuki brush, the way I do it. I think the packaging is great, it keeps you from using too much powder at once. I usually don't use loose powders and I only use this finishing powder for a "finish" over my makeup, after applying regular powder. But the difference is dramatic and I don't want to go without it. The pores seem to be reduced and I don't have to touch up my face with pressed powder during the day what I had to do before using this product. Simply amazing!!!

on 5/25/2010 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Brilliant powder. Disappears upon application and gives a beautiful flawless finish. Does not cake at all, does not have a nasty smell like some other powders.. Great product! I wouldn't say it keeps skin matt longer than 5 hours though, so still great for a night out.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! I use it to set my makeup and once in the middle of the day to get rid of oiliness.

It also greatly minimizes the appearance of very large pores on my nose and chin. They are still visible, but nowhere near as obvious.

The only gripe I have with this product is the packaging. I wish I had checked out the reviews here before I bought it and kept the black sticker that covers the powder. Unfortunately I threw it out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adore this powder. This is what I wanted MAC Blot to be. I've got incredibly oily skin and this controls shine and oil very well. The powder is white, and while it makes me a little lighter initially, my skin returns to its normal color quickly. When I started using this I was afraid it would make my skin dry because it controls my oil so well, but it hasn't! This stuff is a little pricey but I use quite a bit every day and its lasted me a good long while, and I figure it breaks down to about $2/3 per month. Who can argue with that for such an amazing product? Also no matter how much I pile on it never looks cakey, even on my 38 year old skin with some fine lines.

Skin: Other, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Instant Love!
I'm really sad, that now one recommanded this to me earlier. It takes away ten years in my under-eye area, I swear!
My foundation does not migrate in my akne-prone pores anymore. Grease (still a problem for me when I use a moisturizer) is diminished dramatically and I can take MAC Blot-Powder on top of this, it will not migrate in the big pores at the top of my nose, which has been a problem before. In the last 35 years I used so many high- end and drugstore-brand powders: Clinique, Lauder, Dior, Guerlain, TLeClerque Maybelline, Shiseido, MAC Loose Powder, MSF etc. I already lost hope to find a powder that will give this flawless look to my skin. MAC Prep+Prime and Laura Mercier secret brightning powder are best I've tried so far, the latter overprized, but a tad better.
A con may be, that it's not really transparent, it will make your foundation or skin a little lighter - which is no Problem for me and my "Ditto Von Teese"-Look ;-))). Try it!!

on 4/8/2010 7:16:00 AM

Basically I just got this transparent finishing powder out of curiosity, but - suprise - when trying it out I instantly loved it. I like most of my MAC products, but they have tiny flaws that make them good enough, yet not perfect (except perhaps Woodwinked, which is 100% great). I cannot find any flaws so far. Okay, so the packaging is not ideal - the powder ends up everywhere when not handled very very carefully - and it's pretty damn expensive, considering the amount you get, but frankly that has nothing to do with the product itself.

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder is a perfect match for me. It's a very finely milled white powder that I carefully - because it's so fine that it easily flares up into the air - apply over studio sculpt with a powder puff. I've been having some problems to make sculpt stay where it belongs, it shifts and gets oily during the day, but now that I'm using this powder it looks great, almost all day long!

Since it's so fine it hardly seems like powder at all, so you really would have to put some effort into making it ever look cakey or powdery. Also, it appears to be white in the box, but goes on transparent. I personally like how it leaves a tinywiny bit of a white cast when applied thicker. Again, this works out for me because I often apply a little extra foundation underneath my eyes and brighten it up again by using this powder.

So wow, I'm impressed MAC!

on 3/19/2010 2:19:00 PM

couldnt decide whether to try this or the fix + spray so bought them both!
this powder is so good,its better than a normal powder,it doesnt look cakey like a normal powder does and has no colour which is good,it makes pores look so much smaller,makes skin feel silky smooth and makes your foundation look amazing,makes foundation last all day and keeps it matt.love this product will def buy again! such a shame i didnt find this sooner!