MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.5

on 5/6/2010 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. It really is amazing. It really does make my makeup look flawless... I wear it over my select concealer (NC50) and MSF natural in dark and it looks great. I would recommend this to anyone. I spray a bit of fix plus over the top and I'm ready to go.
My only issue is the packaging; the number of times I've opened it and it's gone everywhere is ridiculous so Mac could improve on that. It is slightly pricey but I'm not surprised considering it is MAC, it is worth the price though. One of my makeup must haves. x

on 2/17/2010 1:14:00 PM

We got this product in my makeup course. When I put it over my eyeshadow and my mac fluidline it makes my eye makeup (on my hooded eyes) stay in place.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I was debating over the MUFE HD powder or the Laura Mercier powder, but i'm so glad i went for this one. It really does go on translucent and doesn't leave a white cast on my face, in real life or in photographs. I use it to set my concealer and foundation and it does that very well. I also use it even if i'm not wearing any concealer or foundation, i find that it just makes my skin feel a lot smoother, keeps it matte for pretty much the whole day and gives my face a more 'soft focus' kind of look.

Of course, when applied over dry and flaky skin, which i do have, it will make the skin look even drier and scaly. But what do you expect when you put powder over flaky skin, pretty much all powder will make it look worse.

Overall, its a great setting powder and just an all over powder, love it and will be my holy grail translucent powder. Not even interested in trying other brands because it's that good, my search is over :)

on 1/7/2010 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Awesome product. Will never be without this. Sets my foundation and concealer nicely. Some days i don't like to wear foundation so i just put little bit of this with brush to give me soft focus and works wonderfully.

on 12/30/2009 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this since it came out, so, for months...My skin is normal/dry, add to that that I'm 44...I love it, I'm on my second container. All I can compare it to is MUFE HD and E.L.F.'s High Definition Powder, which I just received and have only used a few times. For skin that tends to be a bit more dry and/or mature, I think this is the best, hands down, provided this is what you're looking for. It doesn't dry my skin out like the other 2, and sets my liquid foundation as well as my undereye concealer beautifully. Every other powder I've used to set undereye concealer looks dry and cakey, which is what sparked my interest in the new translucent powders....MUFE, I don't like it, not even a little bit, sucked every bit of moisture out of my skin, it was absolutely horrible (and frankly REALLY overpriced as it's only silica). E.L.F. is bit better in that the main ingredient is Dimethicone...then silica, but can catch on dry areas that I didn't know that I had, but is still a tiny bit drying, but much better than MUFE. MAC P+P doesn't do that. I thought that it would be a bit drying with cornstarch, but it's not drying on my skin at all. Although MAC doesn't promote it as a product for dry skin, I think it's the best out there for setting undereye concealer and believe me, I've tried nearly everything. Even the powder that left my skin looking dewy, Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder, is very drying under my eyes. Two thumbs up for MAC!

*EDIT* This is a temporary edit...This is not to say I don't love MAC P+P Transparent Finishing Powder but I did compare it to two others and I may have to re-evaluate the ELF HD in comparison. I said it was more drying under my eyes but I believe that it may have been caused by applying the Studio Sculpt Foundation with a sponge, wiping away moisturizer and primer. I used my brush to apply today and used the ELF HD powder and it looks great. I'll give that a try for a few days and do a review on ELF, but as far as MAC goes, still a GREAT PRODUCT!

No complaints on this product. I like to use this to set my liquid foundation because it is so finely milled and is translucent.
I don't need any additional coverage after liquid foundation, so I prefer setting my makeup with this over something like Mineralize skin finish natural.

I have normal to dry skin (dry cheek area), and this doesn't make my makeup look cakey, which i like and it makes my face super smooth.

on 9/18/2009 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

OMG THE REVIEWS SAY IT ALL. AMAZING FINISHING POWDER. MY FACE LOOKS AIR BRUSHED AFTER USING THIS TO SET MY FOUNDATION, PLUS ITS NOT CAKEY YOU ONLY NEED A LITTLE BIT, IT WORTH THE MONEY I HAD TO GET BACKUPS.

on 8/28/2009 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Iv been looking for a setting powder with no colour that doesnt cake up on my face and make my dry skin even worse and this is amazing!!! I really wasnt getting my hopes up with this stuff thinking it wouldnt do anything and would be the same as everything else but I was wrong... So silky and smooth and perfect, glides on - does not catch in my dry skin, gives my skin a lovely glow and is just the best!!! Does exactly what it says
Totally impressed - bit messy to get out the tub but never mind! Will update in a week or so to see how im getting on :)

on 6/16/2009 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have dry skin and just wanted something to make it appear smoother and make cover up a little redness since I rarely wear foundation. It doesn't really help with the redness but it does make my skin appear much better. It does not accentuate dry patches or flakes, it actually makes my skin appear less dry because to the luminous quality. I would definitely repurchase! Oh like others have said, don't peel off the sticker, i just peeled it back 1/3 and it's less messy that way.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This powder does a great job of setting your foundation and leaving your skin with that silky, powdery finish. I have oily skin and with this powder on, I wore foundation for 8 hours before I felt like I had to touch up. Overall, I think the idea behind the powder basically says it all. I also wore it today over my moisturizer and I noticed that I didn't get that moisturized shine that I tend to get about halfway through the day. I would suggest everyone who needs a bit of oil control and want to set their makeup in one quick step.