MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)
MAC palletteMAC swatchesEye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

4.7

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am around NC50 and this is my go to crease color when I wear a bright color on my lids I brought it on the recommendation of Scandalous beauty from youtube. This is a very warm color seems to have some red in it but it works for my cool skintone great color for WOC's to have in their collections.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Beautiful red toned matte brown shade which I actually thought looked quite boring in the pan but looks really good on. It's incredibly versatile too, I use it frequently for neutral day looks in the outer v/crease with Naked Lunch or Vanilla or even for a smoky eye (when I'm bored of the standard black). Even though it looks like 'just a brown' you will probably find yourself using this more than you think.

on 11/15/2010 10:04:00 PM

A must have! Beautiful matte brown (w/red undertone), glides on effortlessly.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I got this color to go into my Mac neutral pallet , I'm not sure how much I like it yet im NC 30 and on my skinn it seems too dark I find myself using this in my crease and having to add a lil bamboo or soft brown to lighten my crease , it is a pretty true to tone shadow ( a muted reddish med brown ) hope this helps ....

PROS: Highly pigmented. Somewhat creamy and soft texture. This one is a "matte" and is described by MAC as a "muted, reddish brown." Has no shimmer. Works well on my N15, leaning to NC skin. (I think Bobbi Brown texture is better for blending or MAC's satin or veluxe finishes.) Lasts quite well on my eye and in the package (had my same two colors of MAC shadow for years.)

CONS: May not be great for those who are very "warm." But you can see that by looking at it in the pan.

ALTERNATES: Saddle is quite close to this; just a tiny bit lighter and less red in it than this. Bobbi Brown has a color close to this (with just a tiny bit more of a burgundy tone in it) called Cocoa.

*****To me, the color in person is somewhere in between what is shown in the two pics. shown here.*****

Love this matte and pigmented eyeshadow as it's extremely versatile for me. I use it either in the crease or outer V to add depth and enhance the green in my eyes for some of my eye looks and it's also the perfect shade to use to fill in my brows. My hair is colored a medium bight reddish auburn and this shadow is perfect for filling in my brows.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm undecided about this shade -- color is gorgeous, so no argument there. My issue with it is it took me FOREVER to build the color!!!

I used a 217 and a 222 to apply, hoping the larger brushes would cover a lot of area at one time, but the color just wasn't laying down like I expected it to. I ordered this from Mac online and am actually considering returning it for that fact alone.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Recommend this shadow for everyone's MAC collection. It's a matte formula, blends really nicely and easily. It's gorgeous!

on 4/16/2010 12:52:00 PM

Love *Swiss Chocolate! Great color,blends easily.Excellent for different eye combinations.Very happy on this great purchase =)

on 3/19/2010 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was really impressed with this matte, deep/warm brown as a crease shade. Above all, the color--admittedly pretty boring--is at the same time very flattering for warm tones. I find too taupey/grey-tinged browns really age/wash me out, and this was a great remedy.

Others have stressed the red; I don't find the red readily discernable. But it is warm, and in that is perfect for a more dramatic crease for a NW20.