MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)
MAC palletteMAC swatchesEye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

4.7

on 1/27/2008 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have gone back and forth about Swiss Chocolate for a long time. I typically would use it as a crease shade, and there are some problems I have with that. For one, it's very red in tone. For another, it's very hard to blend, and for a third, it's a bit too dark for a crease shade for me. So this turns out to be a "no" for me. I did like the way it would bring out my brown eyes, though. I think if you have darker skin than me (I am very fair), it may work better. Also if you have red tones in your hair you may like this. Just really couldn't get this to work very well for me.

on 12/6/2007 3:04:00 PM

I agree! A beautiful base color that works well also on brows. A nice mix of brown and plum and and tiny but of red too. I soften this with other colors, but always use something like this if not this as a neutral base.

NC40-45 African American with red and green undertones. This is a very warm, reddish brown matte e/s, which is one of the few MAC shadows where the name ACCURATELY describes the shadow. It looks just like Swiss Chocolate. It is not as plummy as the Folie family, and is just gorgeous. I pair it frequently with Soft Brown and Saddle. It is primarily a crease color, but I could also make it work as a smoky eye look. I would repurchase, but chances are I won't because I have never hit pan on a crease color. Great color!

on 6/29/2006 11:27:00 AM

I went into the MAC store looking for something matte-ish to wear in the crease with Sable. The MA name a couple of other shadow but I already owned them and then she said 'Swiss Chocolate' and swiped it and Sable on my arm together. I was sold. This shadow does not disappoint and I am also able to work it in with other shadows and combo and it flows quite nicely. Do not let the red tones in the pan sway you from this. It is gorgeous applied. MAC site describes this as 'muted reddish brown' and I would describe it exactly as it's named...smooth (easy to blend and apply unlike alot of MAC's other matte shadows)...swiss...chocolate. :D

This is a great midtoned warm shade that just as easily defines the crease as it does to take some intensity away from far darker shadows, such as MAC Embark, and make them wearable. I would definately consider buying this shade again. For the record, I'm a DDD (MAC C7) and I purchased this in pro palette form for $10USD.

Overall, this is a nice reddish-brown everyday shade that I use on my lid as a wash. It's nothing particularly outstanding or unique, but it's reliable and fairly complementary on my warm skin tone and brown eyes.

on 5/12/2006 2:28:00 AM

This is a warm reddish-brown that I use as a crease color and on my brows (I have dark auburn hair.) I am PPP so as a crease color I really have to blend. I also like it as a liner as long as my eyes are not red from allergies or it will emphasize (I don't have this problem when using it in the crease, however). Great with peachy browns - I pair it with soft brown on the lid. No creasing, no fading and I never use a base (too lazy).

This is a medium brown about the color of milk chocolate like the name. I definitely see the reddish undertones which is what got my attention in the first place. It's too dark to be used as a neutral base but not so dark its a "dark color." Unlike colors where theres just a wash of natural color such as Soba, I can definitely see this on my C4 skin. I kind of reminds me of a lighter more true brown version of Embark. Not a must have, more then an 'ehhh' I would get it if I needed something else to to fill my palette and I ran out of must haves.

on 1/14/2006 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Warm matte chocolate brown with red undertones. Makes green eyes stand out. Very smooth formula for a matte color.
I like it as a base with an other shimmery eyeshadow over it, or in the crease.
I finished it and now replaced it by NYX Hawaiian coffee, but this one is now discountinued, so I might repurchase swiss chocolate in the future.

on 12/30/2005 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is a muddy brown color on my C6 complexion. MAC's website claims it has red undertones but I don't see any. It is such a plain, boring color...makes me look way older than my age...I'm 18. I never ever wear this...I tried mixing this with other colors....shimmery bronzes and peachy goldens...but it doesn't work for me. oh well! I can always swap this!!!! anyone want a Swiss Chocolate eyeshadow? anyone? ....Anyone?

EDIT: i just recently dyed my hair a rich auburn/mahogany/reddish brown, and this shadow is perfect for filling in my brows! LOVE <3

Swiss Chocolate along with Shroom was my first MAC e/s purchase. A MAC MA recommended them to me when I told him I was looking for everyday colors. Swiss Chocolate is a matte brown with reddish tones and works very well with my NC30/35 skintone. It's highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way, which explains why I've had it for quite a long time. I'd probably buy this again if I ever run out.