CHANEL Cristalle Eau Verte

CHANEL Cristalle Eau Verte

3.6

on 11/16/2010 10:59:00 PM

Generally I find Chanel fragrances cloying....I first had a whiff of Cristalle Eau Verte on a friend and asked her what she was wearing, it smelt green and fresh on her. I used a sample spray from the counter to see if it would smell similar on me and I absolutely loved it! Suitable for both day and night use.

on 11/2/2010 5:31:00 AM

Eau Verte is a flanker I actually love. It's completely different from the original Cristalle . The opening is a gorgeous sharp and almost biting lemon. If you love the lemon in Shalimar then it may appeal to you. As the lemon fades, the greeness comes through- sheer and airy accompanied soon after by a dry down of iris. It's a pretty scent and with enough of a separate personality to own a bottle of it , you already have the original Cristalle perfumer. I love it.

on 9/27/2010 12:45:00 AM

Lemony, airy, green. This scent really picks me up. I am glad that my impulse buying steered me in a good direction this time around. IMO, this scent is wonderful for summer, as it is refreshing. Cristalle Eau Verte is a good scent to wear to get lunch with your girlfriends, Definetly a daytime scent. It reminds me of myself a bit. Casual, not too serious, playful and somewhat aloof.

This has got to be one of the freshest scents I have ever tried. Cristalle Verte feels crisp and young. A bit more expensive than other orangy scent, but definitely worth a try. Not has heavy and sophisticated as all other Chanel perfumes, this one is vibrant yet subtle, fresh but not sweet. I always go back to this scent, definitely one of my HG perfume.

on 6/25/2010 12:42:00 PM

Lovely fresh scent, always get compliments when I wear this. I prefer clean, fresh yet subtle scents and this fits the bill in a sophisticated way. Perfect for summer, office or anytime really.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love crisp green chypres heavy on the lemons and this is
exactly what this is. It is absolute heaven for five minutes max,
and then it's gone.
Allure Magazine gave this an editor's choice award in the
green scent catagory but they must not have waited to see
if it lasts.

I want a perfume that smells just like this, but lasts and wafts
for hours. This is GONE in five minutes on me.
It is like Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche in this respect.
I love that too as it's also a green chypre but again,
in five minutes, POOF.

It only comes in one variety, a big bottle of "parfume concentre".
What a joke. I am taking this big expensive bottle back to
Nordstroms. My search for a perfect lemon chypre continues.

on 5/21/2010 6:56:00 AM

Mixed review, this is for the EDT which I've been testing for the past month. I love this scent. It is fresh, light, every-day wearable....but after only a couple hours it vanishes! I like it enough to reapply it throughout the day, but it is too expensive to make this a sustainable practice. Sadly, I will not buy this again.

on 5/18/2010 11:31:00 PM

See Bath & Body Works White Citrus.

With the exception of Coco Mademoiselle, which I still wear with extreme care and under special circumstances, I've kept Chanel fragrances at a distance. None of them speak to me, and perhaps my nose is both inexperienced and still much too immature to appreciate the reported complexities of celebrated scents like 19, 5, 22, Allure et al.

But oh, Cristalle Eau Verte. I don't know what prompted me to reach for this, as I'd pretty much closed myself off to any fragrances by Chanel, but I had to pick up my jaw off the floor and adjust the tail that had somehow found itself between my legs. It was love at first sniff, as cheesy as that is, and I was like a dog worrying his bone with the sample card I brought home. I couldn't get it out of my mind; the creamy magnolia, the sweet jasmine (my favorite note on earth) the fresh burst of citrus and lemons, the soft skin-scent drydown. It is maddening in its beauty, and even more so in its lasting power, but I almost love having to reapply - it's that delightful to me.

I am no fan of the original Cristalle - it's much too much for me. It's lucky for me the original and this new flanker fragrance have really no similarities, except for the shared name. It's been a long time since I've fallen so hard for a scent, and I'm in heaven. The tall clear bottle with its pretty light green liquid and white cap (never mind that it's plastic) looks so pretty on my dresser, and I'm excited about a fragrance again. Not since Child have I loved something so hard. $90 CAD.

on 3/2/2010 8:15:00 AM

I would probably give this a 4.5. It's a citrus scent with a soft green twist, as well as some faint sweetness to it. It's not as interesting as the original Cristalle (both EDT and EDP), but perhaps more wearable, especially in warmer weather. The citrus in it may be limes as well as lemon. I think this is more marketable to younger audiences than Cristalle, which still has that old-fashioned sort of Chanel scent (for better or for worse), but yet it's not a "teeny-bopper" scent. It still smells classy. I smell less aldehydes in Cristalle Eau Verte, and more just a pleasant soft green citrus clean scent. Possibly the only downside is it doesn't last that long on the skin. It was gone in a few hours.