Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte

Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte

3.6

i love how this fresh, rather masculine smell developes into a warm feminine scent!

on 10/21/2012 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was in the mood for something to remind me of summer, now that winter feels right around the corner. I had Cristalle in mind, having been a long-time fan of the EDT and having had a brief fling with the EDP. I tested both, and neither were hitting the mark. This flanker turned out to be just right. It has the lightness and sharp citrus of the EDT and the sweeter floral of the EDP (but magnolia here vs jasmine). If you like either, it is worth testing. The SA told me it layers well with the original Cristalle lotion. I haven't tried it yet, but it smells plausible.

ETA: I have bumped up the lippies from four to five as I've been wearing this every day for over a week and completely love it!

on 8/14/2012 12:15:00 AM

Eau Verte, maybe. Overt- no. I really, really like this and have revelled in my little decant during a hot week but the lasting power is crummy. Low sillage, too. Maybe this is a good thing for some, but I like to smell a bit of the goods that I've shelled out so much hard earned cash for. At about a dollar a ml, it's the perfume equivilent of a mocha frappichino, because you'll go through about $5 a day if you reapply it frequently enough that you can percieve it on yourself. So no, I wouldn't repurchase. But man, is it a singingly glorious summer morning for the first 15 minutes or so... Lovely, classy, refreshing, clean but lacking that hideous windexey note that so many 'clean' modern scents go crazy for. It smells like Grace Kelly in white linen tennis clothes off to play a match of both sport and wit against James Stewart. Just perfect if it works for you.

I'm on my second bottle of Cristalle Eau Verte. I have to say i absolutely adore it! it works magic with my body chemistry. I get why someone finds it masculine because my friend liked it on me so much she sprayed some on her wrist, we both agreed that it smelled like men's cologne on her - musky and woody (weird!).

but on me it smells citrusy at first, which is perfect for Hong Kong summer, after half an hour or so it dries down to a beautiful floral note. The only thing to complain about is the staying power, i have to re-apply during/after lunch. Gotta figure out a way though now that i have the 100ml bottle!

on 1/26/2012 6:12:00 PM

I wore the original Cristalle in the early 80s and absolutely loved it - it was the only fragrance for me - but then they changed it and I didn't like it anymore. So I was excited to find that they'd come out with this version. This will definitely "remind" you of the original Cristalle but it's more feminine and soft. It opens with the same lemon/bergamot notes as the original Cristalle, but dries down to a "soapy" scent, with the citrus notes in the background. Maybe it's the magnolia, which some describe as "creamy", or maybe it's just how it smells on me. So it seems odd that they would name it "Eau Verte" as if the green notes are more emphasized than the original Cristalle when in fact I think it's the opposite. Anyway it's a nice blend of crisp and feminine, and subtle enough to wear for everyday. Since I can't have the original Cristalle, I guess this is the next best thing.

on 12/26/2011 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The original Cristalle Eau de Toilette is so beautiful, feminine and timeless (original Eau de Parfum not as good as EDT) but this is truly horrible! Smells harsh, chemical and kind of masculine too.

on 9/15/2011 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Quite simply elegance in a bottle.

on 5/20/2011 3:24:00 AM

I love Eau Verte. It is uplifting, positive and the perfect choice for warm spring and summer days.
The original Cristalle is wonderful, too and I love fresh, sharp and green citrus fragrances. Here we also have magnolia (fully in bloom).
The Eau de Toilette "concentree" lasts many hours on me which is rather unusual on my skin (citrus notes tend to fade within 1-3h on me), Eau Verte is longlasting.

Great flanker and worth a try if you are into fresh, green and classic scents.

on 4/5/2011 8:48:00 AM

Really disappointed with this. I adore Cristalle, have worn it on and off since I was 15, this is nothing like it which of course is fine on a way but it seems to me to have none of the citrus freshness I was hoping for. I ordinarily love green fragrances but this feels harsh and raspy and unpleasant. Sprayed it on this morning and glad to be home to remove it. Wanted a fresh citrus with green. What a shame.

on 1/5/2011 4:17:00 PM

The person below me described it as "green" and that's exactly what I smell as well! haha But green in a good way! It's a little sweet as well. Would be a great day time scent for spring.

Popular Fragrances